Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Thanks Sparkle. Mummyhood is amazing. I just love her so much, my heart could burst!!
It is hard work though - the never-ending cycle of breastfeeding, nappychanging, not sleeping, etc. But I wouldn't change it for the world :cloud9:
xx

Congratulations Amber. Wow, all these babies.... making me so broody!
I WANT ONE :brat: :haha:

Lovely pics Amber and Shell. I love the way you kept Bo as a middle name Shell, so cute. A reminder of your journey to motherhood.

Enjoy being mummies everyone xx

Congrats Amber, Mary Grace os beautiful and so is Freya, so happy for you both~~~!!!!

Amber - CONGRATS!!!!! :dance: Grace is gorgeous!!! Sorry to hear about the failed induction, but glad to hear that things are going well. Hope you have a speedy recovery, and enjoy your time with the LO.

Shell - Freya is such a cutie!! Glad to hear that things are going well.

CONGRATULATIONS AMBER! Mary Grace is just beautiful. Hope you are not too sore and hope safely by now settling in with your little bundle xxx

Shellney - Freya is gorgeous too - such beautiful girls on this thread

xxx

Sparkle - Glad to hear all went well with the appointment, and Apple Alice is measuring perfect!. Hope the dilation stops. Rest up if you can, hopefully that will help. Have fun planning C's b-day party!

Lil - Yay on getting the nursery started! Fun times...

Pixie - Glad to hear that Ada's feedings are getting better with the new bottles.

Anna - Happy 8 weeks! Sorry to hear about the tiredness & nausea, but those are very reassuring signs. :thumbup: They will pass in due time.

Sam - Sorry to hear about your MIL. These situations are never easy, but at the end of the day you have to do what's best for you, OH, & your baby. Hope things get better soon though. :hugs: Try to take it easy and relax...for yourself and for the baby.

Kizzy - Glad to hear that Tinks is gaining the correct amount of weight. A little hair coming out during bathing time seems normal.

Shell - One of the ladies mentioned that you didn't get your water birth. Sorry to hear that. Let us know your birth story when you have a minute...I'm curious. :winkwink:

Hope everyone else is doing well.

AFM, I've made it to 3rd tri today!!! :dance: Less than 3 months to go...doesn't seem that far away now!

Neffie- happy 3rd tri!! I can't believe how quickly time is passing...

congratulations on third trimester neffie enjoy it cause it flew past for me. I love my wee man but i do miss my bump! Xxx

wow, what a long 5 days! we are finally home, and it even seems like Grace feels it too, she has already snuggled up and had 2 long naps since we have been home. I love the care we received at the hospital, but dang, we were constantly interrupted every hour or so for tests on either her or myself. As a result, I did not have much time to establish breastfeeding with her, so hopefully now that she and I can spend time alone together focusing on it together, we will succeed! :thumbup: In the meantime, I have been expressing and my milk is already in, so we are able to bottlefeed her breast milk for now if she is struggling for the breast.

I am very sore from the section, still learning my limits, and discovering things I can and cannot do very well (like bending over for things!) My mother is coming back into town tomorrow to help out, which will be much appreciated!

Now that I am home, I can properly catch up with all of you wonderful ladies, and will do so tomorrow!

So happy to be home and loving mommyhood so far, sleepless nights and all!:cloud9:

Welcome home Amber and grace. Enjoy your first night home as a family xxx

Amber- I think that's brill that even after a section you've managed to bf and express, I've known friends who've had sections and because of pain and sheer exhaustion haven't been able to do it,so u have done so well!! I hope now your hope that you can get to know Mary and establish the bf!

Neffie- happy 3rd tri!! Enjoy your last few weeks, as it passes too quickly!!

AFM- Libbys feeding is up and down like a yo yo, one day she's fine, next she's guilping getting no wind up and being horrifically sick!! Yesterday she was fine so maybe its just a phase!
I have HV coming to see us today, which will be fun as when she rang she admitted she wasn't even aware of me being pregnant and has no history on me! Of course she wouldn't as we moved out of district and my doctors in the old village!!

Libby is sleeping so much better during night now we have got her a grow bag, I'd recommend them to anyone! No need for blankets that may travel up over their faces and no worrying that they are too hot/cold as the have colour indicators on!! At £22 there not cheap, but worth every penny!!

Hope your all well,

Grand- I hope all is well, missing your posts!!

X

Neffie - yay to 3rd trimester.

Amber - i bet you are so happy to finally be home and looking forward to seeing yoyur mom.

Vix - The gro bags sound really good.

Hi everybody else XXXXXX

Had another blood test this morn and so did my 3 year old, to check his iron levels as he is aneamic. Bless him he didn't make a sound - I was very proud. XX

So happy to hear your home now amber.. its such a wonderful feeling to be home.. where your comfortable.. and can just be.. hope your first night went well and you got some rest.. yay for your mom coming.. what a help that will be.. update when you can.. :)

Hope the rest of you mommies are doing well..

AFM-worked on the nursery.. so progress has been started.. cleaned out the closet, started taping for painting, and put up the new ceiling fan... so it has began.. which is nice i know how fast time goes.. as im 22 weeks tomorrow.. but i love it and cant wait to meet my baby..

Ok, just caught up with about a week's worth of posts! :thumbup:

A huge, massive thank you to all of you ladies who have been on this journey to motherhood with me over the past year, I would not have been able to do it without you wonderful, supportive and special ladies!:friends: And thank you for all of your kind words and well wishes for little Grace!

Milos--I am so happy to hear that Callum is doing so well and gaining the weight he needs. It also sounds like you had a wonderful trip out with your family, and :thumbup: on having a successful first BF in public---one of my fears for the coming weeks when we step out!

Lil--congrats on being a banana! Lovely news on the nursery progress, I cannot wait to see your pictures!!

Beth-- Congrats on :pink:TEAM PINK:pink:!!! I love the story on how you went about findng out, so sweet! Also glad to hear that your appointment went well for the diabetes. Good luck with the echo, I had to have one of those with Grace, it is a pretty quick ultrasound, they just focus on the heart, will be thinking of you!

Sparkle--glad that your consultant appointment went well, very good news on AA's development. :hugs: for your stress and emotions right now, I hope you start to feel better hun! You have a lot on your plate right now, totally understandable how you are feeling.

Pixie--Hope you had a great trip with the family!!!

Vix--Awesome news on Libby growing so well!! I hear you on the clothes, just last night I was looking at all of Grace's "newborn" sized clothing wondering if I was going to be able to get her in all of those outfits at least once before she is out of them!! Oh, and thanks for the tip on a grobag, I will have to see if I can find something like that over here!

shell--again, so happy for you hun and to hear of little Freya's birth! I can't believe how close our little girls were born to each other. And so close statwise too! Grace was 7 lbs, 14 oz and born at 7:47 pm! I can't wait to hear your birth story!

Grand--Hope all is well with you and little Indigo, hope to hear from you soon!

Neffie--Grats on 3d trimester hun!! :happydance: Be ready, time is going to start flying for you now! Awesome news on finding your pediatrician, and I am also glad to hear the news of your sister-in-law and hope that her bloodwork results come back with the best results!

Anna--hope the MS isn't keeping you down too much! :hugs: On the smell issue, this is so true, my sense of smell was so heightened during pregnancy, I would smell things in a room that no one else could, it would drive me crazy!

SamB--so sorry to hear about how things are with you and your MIL. I did not start out with a very good relationship with my MIL when DH and I were married, we even went 2 yrs without speaking to one another. Things are better now, but I totally understand how you feel and how frustrating your situation is. I hope things improve for you. :hugs: Oh, and don't think for a second you will be a bad mommy, you will do great!!

Kizzy--good news on Miss Tinks! I LOVE all of the pictures you are posting of her, she is so darn cute, even if you are washing some of her hair out, haha! You have some VERY precious pictures there, my favorite so far is the one with the teddy bear! I hear you on sleeping patterns--Grace is already showing a preference for daytime sleeping and night time activity!

Bean--:hugs: for your little man being so brave when he got his shot. I hope things are well with you!!

Bellas/Lisa--thinking of you both and hope to hear baby news from you two soon!

AFM: Grace and I had a pretty active night, she has a tendency not to want to sleep unless she is in my arms, which makes it difficult at 3 am when mommy wants to sleep! She is resting peacefully today, probably just gearing up for another night with mommy! lol She already has her first appointment with the pediatrician tomorrow morning, and I get the staples out from my section on Friday.

BFing is starting to come around, I have loved having the time now to work on it with her. She definitely knows how to latch and suckle, the issue is getting her to be patient enough for it to get to her, as she has gotten spoiled on how fast the expressed milk comes out of the bottles. Vix-I totally understand where your friends are coming from in having issues post-section. The first few days, especially in the hospital, were torture and I was in pain and frustrated and in tears when I would just get her started and then we would be interrupted!

I hope you ladies are all doing great today!

Aw Bless you Amber posting to all.

Hope you can get some sleep - Mind you bet you even if grace doesn't wake you will just to have a peak at your little girl. XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->