Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Congrats on the arrival or your lo's amber and shell!!

I can't believe how many lo's there are now!

I thought that finally being home I'd be able to keep up with ya all alot better. But there just seems like there's sooo much to get done before our lo arrives. I'v started organising and got our hosipital bags together. But we're still trying to finish up some reno's. Every time I start to clean and organize I just feel so overwhelmed. But I know everything will be ok and work it's self out...

Hi Imp Hun

Know how you feel. We have got work going on in the house - so much do isnt there. Hot to have our back room plastered, decorated and floor layed. MMMMMM possibly it won't get done......Got my bag ready a couple of days ago..... ish.

I am feeling/being sick - can't seem to keep anything down, even fruit. Been like it since saturday and getting a bit worried. UGGHHHHH. XXXXX

Hi bean

I'm feeling great physically it's just all the work around the house that's stressing me out a bit. Lol. We have new floors in about 3/4 of the house almost finished. But we have no doors, trim, or baseboard anywhere. Babies room is together for the most part but there are still things we need and lots of organising to do. I look around and I just want to toss half our stuff in the garbage. I'm feeling so weighed down by clutter. But it's just a matter of getting the house back together after the reno. We need to get a few nice shelves etc and it should clean things up. It's just right now we don't want to spend the extra money as baby is so close. Kinda a catch 22. Lol. I know non of this is the end of the wild if we don't get it finished by the time baby is here. I think it's just hormones... Lol. But besides all that I do feel great! Tired, and heart burn, but nothing much to complain about. Thanks for asking!!!

Thats alot of work Imp, dont wear yourself out, do things in spurts! Bean I sure hope you feel better, make sure you are not getting dehydrated-could it be impending labour?

My little boy, due december 19th, was born this morning at 32w 2d. Welcome my precious little rainbow, Dimitri Carter.

And congrats to all the other little miracles out there!

Congrat NICHOLE!! Welcome DIMITRI

I hope he is doing as well as can be x

congratulations nichole! Another boy to even out the numbers on this board! hope you are both doing well xxx

Nichole - CONGRATS!!! :happydance: Hope Dimitri is doing well, and gets big & strong soon. Take care.

Amber - Welcome back home! Hope your soreness is easing up as the days pass. Sorry to hear about all the interruptions at the hospital, I'm sure that was annoying. :growlmad: That's great that she's doing so good with the latching on...I'm sure the BFing will get better soon. Hope the pediatrician appt went well, and good luck with your appointment tomorrow!

Vix - Hope Libby is feeling better, and everything went well with the HV. Glad to hear that she's sleeping a lot better now. I've heard great things about the grow bag. If I'm not mistaken, I think they're called sleep sacks here in the states. Definitely a better choice than blankets. :thumbup:

Bean - Sorry to hear about your LO being anemic. Did they give him anything to increase the iron levels? Hope he feels better soon. :hugs:

Lil - Happy 22 weeks! Great news on the nursery progress. :thumbup:

Imp - Sorry to hear you're feeling so overwhelmed. Even though a lot needs to be done, try to still get in the rest you need. It'll go a long way. Good luck with all you have going on.

:hi: to everyone else.

AFM, the insanity at work continues, oufffff! Really looking forward to the weekend! Coco's nursery is coming along very well. We put in a rug last week since we have carpet in that room. Still trying to finalize the rest of the decor in the room, but hopefully that shouldn't take too long. We have our childbirth class this weekend, so looking forward to that. Glucose test is next week, and can't wait to be done with it!

In other news, my sister in law got the results back from her bloodwork, and things seem reassuring. :thumbup: It's not considered high risk anymore. She is going to get the amnio done soon and will know more, but the news has definitely been a huge relief for the entire family. Thank you to everyone who kept her in their thoughts.

Have a great day everyone!

Hi everyone, I haven't read the posts for the past week as I've been busy caring for my precious, perfect Amelia Catherine. She was born right on time, on her due date October 18th. Birth plan went out the window. I think my water broke the night before(after having spent the day in the ER with my DH). It was a very small amount and didn't continue so I thought maybe it was just normal pregnancy discharge. There was no more leakage the entire next day. However, that night there definitely was and so we went to the hospital. I didn't have any contractions so they had to induce me since my water may have broken the night before. I dialated 8 cm in 8 hours and then asked for the epidural because the pain was just too much. The epidural was heaven. It then took a few more hours to fully dialate. Then I was fully dialated with no urge to push for a few hours. So they said I should try to push anyways. For 2 hours I pushed but could not feel anything because of the epidural. They said I may need a C-section because i wasn't making progress. I pushed for another 30 minutes and made some progress so we kept going for another hour and finally my beautiful angel was born. She is healthy and perfect and we are so in love with her. She weighed 7lb 13 oz. Things are going well now, BF is getting better, my nipple are sore but our latching is getting better so they are starting to heal. I am getting 30 minute to 3 hour of sleep throughout the day and night. I am so happy. The second and third nights were brutal. Lots of crying. But things are much better now.
Hope everyone is well.

Lisa - CONGRATS!!!! :dance: Glad to hear all went well with the delivery, and Amelia is here safe and sound. What a way to make an entrance on her due date! :winkwink: Hope you're doing well, and we look forward to seeing some pics when you have a chance.

Congrats Nichole and Lisa - Hope you are all doing well.

Neffie thanks hun - Yeah my LO is on iron supplements. He has been for about 7 months now. Phoned for his blood test results to day and they want to see him again. Assuming his levels are still out. IDK - worried cause if he is on the supplements why would that be. Should wait to speak to docs before stressing really. Am going in morn so we shall see. XXX

Lisa- CONGRATS!! Welcome little Amelia! Sorry your birth plan didn't go as planned, I didn't have one with Libby as u know when you've got your gorgeous baby in ur arms birth plans become irrelevant! And with 1st two I had one, and it went tits up!!
How's you BF doing?? Hope he's feeling better n can enjoy Amelia!

Neffie- Brilliant news about ur sister-in-law!! Hope amnio goes well!!
Enjoy ur birth class, I found the breathing techniques I learn first time round stayed with me through all 3 births and defo helped me avoid further pain relief as concentrating on breathing took my mind off the pain!!

Is anyone else planning on using a TENs!? I can't believe how little people use them, I couldn't have done without a epidural without one!! My MW looked shocked when she saw mine as she says she rarely sees them!! I still have mine, but need new pads that can be bought off ebay, if anyone in UK would like it there welcome to it!

X

Congrats Lisa on Amelia... :)

Happy due date bella

Lisa--Congratulations and welcome baby Amelia!! I am so happy that you were able to avoid the C-Section, especially after getting dilated all of the way and going through the epidural. :thumbup: Oh and little Amelia has a bday I won't forget (she shares it with my DH!).

Nichole-- Congratulations and welcome baby Dimitri! I hope all is going well for you and your little one!

Angela--hey hun, how are you doing?

Imp--:hugs: sorry you are feeling so overwhelmed hun. I think it could be hormones, I know the last week or so leading up to Grace's birth was very frantic and overwhelming for me. There seemed to be so much to get done, even after planning so carefully, and it was driving me crazy!! Just take a deep breath and all will be well!

Bean--Happy 36 weeks! Not long now! I hope you start to feel better, guessing it is just the lack of room for your tummy right now due to your growing bubs!

Neffie--awesome news about your sister-in-law, I will continue to pray for her and hope the amnio gives them the final confirmation they need to know that all is well. Hope work eases up for you, and sounds like you have made great progress with the nursery! Good luck with your glucose test, praying you pass it hun (I am sure you will

Vix--I don't think a TENS is common here in the states, or at least not where I am at--I don't think it was even on the list of options for relief on my birth plan checklist they gave me at the hospital.

lil--happy 22 wks hun!

AFM: Grace's appt went extremely well, she has already put on an ounce after being released from the hospital on Monday. She is growing cuter by the day (if that is even possible!) I am so in love with her! I took a nap today upstairs while DH and mom looked over her, was the first time since she was born that I spent an hour out of the same room with her--and boy was that hard!! Tomorrow I get my staples out, not looking forward to that as I anticipate that is gonna hurt! haha

Neffie - that is really good news about your sil.

Amber - I hope that having the staples out is ok.

XX

Amber-happy to hear all is going well for you :) hope the staples dont hurt too bad..

Happy due date to my bump buddy Bellas!
I hope your LO doesnt make you wait too much longer!
xx

Hey Ladies :hi:

Sorry I havent been on for a while. Been so busy with little miss Freya. But I promise I will be back tomorrow to catch up properly with everyone.

Congratulations Nichole on the birth of your baby boy Dimitri! I hope he is doing well, despite his early birth.

Congratulations Lisa on the birth of your baby girl Amelia. Hope you are both well.

Happy 3rd Tri neffie!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->