• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

I don't think you should feel any obligation to say anything right now. Your pregnancy should play no role in whether or not you should be hired on for a job.

Hey girls,
I've graduated to a rasberry but I feel more and more scared each day. I wish I could be happy and confident that I am going to have a baby instead of just being sure that I am pregnant. I know you girls understand where I am coming from. I've not posted for a couple of days. The lack of symptoms bought with it some seriously negative thoughts and I was absolutely convinced of the worst. Boobs are a little sore today and I have that yukky gaggy feeling when I cough today so, i'm a little happier.

Kizzy - Happy 10 weeks! One heartbeat coming up! If she gets the doppler out, she'll hear it for sure.

Amberll - LOVE your vibrator dream! :rofl:

Shelleney - Heartbeats are usually seen on U/S at 6w, but only with an internal and only if its a good sonographer. Some know different 'tricks' than others.

Lisa7- Pap smears have never been one of my favourite past times either. So many places seem to do paps in early pregnancy. In Australia we only need them every one or two years. We also have the cervical cancer vaccine available to every woman under 26. This is the vaccine against HPV (genital warts) which is the number one cause of cervical cancer.

Grand - Congrats on the job!!!! Amber's right. They dont need to know you are pregnant. It doesnt mean you arent the right person for it or that you arent capable. Your posts

AFM: No sex dreams. I am a little jealous of those of you who are having sex dreams. I have had a couple of very vivid dreams though, but they are mainly nonsense. We are taking the kids to the waterslide park today. I'll just hang around in the kiddy pool with our little one. DH can have all the fun with the big kids. I am taking NO risks whatsoever!
Oh, and I live on the east coast of Australia. About an hour south of Sydney.

Oh, and my skin has broken out a bit more today. Hooray for spots!

Melly - I keep needing to say your mantra - "Symptoms come and go...symptoms come and go". Yesterday I was in bed till midday writhing in stomach pain and couldn't eat barely a thing and today I have only a very light stomach ache and could even manage veggies. :wacko: It's driving me crazy too. I'm going to be a blueberry tomorrow but I don't feel like one yet...just a crazy preggo lady...so happy and hopeful but worried at the back of mind.

My sis lives right by Sydney in the Eastern suburbs...we used to go swimming at Clovelly bay all the time when we visited her. I hope to visit her again when this babe's old enough - hard to imagine that far in advance...freaks me out a bit but it'd be lovely to set up a play date...we'll talk about that later on down the line...I'm getting scared I'm just jinxing everything by writing these hopes down. :wacko:

Have fun and stay "sun safe" - Slip-Slop-Slap with your family.

Melly-- :hugs: I understand exactly how you are feeling. I am constantly symptom spotting and get freaked everytime I feel less of anything! I am so glad we have each other, I don't know what I would do without the support of you ladies. Unless you have experienced a loss, it is really hard to explain the emotional rollercoaster this 1st trimester is for those of us who have.

On acne--have to say I am glad I am not the only one breaking out!

Ahh, Australia--I really need to visit there someday. It's one of those places that I really want to see before I get old! Your beach trip sounds lovely, I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing day with your family!

Just wanted to say how much I appreciate all the femmes fetales! - thanks for all the support...must be the weepy emotional pregnancy hormones but even though we're just internet buddies at the moment I'm just so grateful for these relationships for keeping my sanity and making sure I don't go crazy. :wacko: Sorry I just needed to get that gush of emotions out...

Alright back to normal :winkwink:

Grand this post made me happy teary. It must be the hormones.
Congrats on the job offer! I don't think you need to tell them that you're preggo. Some women don't know right away that they are pregnant. So you can just say that you found shortly after accepting the job.

Shell glad you are feeling better and that you have your scan scheduled!

Kizzy happy 10 weeks. Wow I can't wait to be that far along. The weeks seem to be going by so slowly. We all understand how scared you are. I've passed my m\c day and feel so much better since then. You'll feel a lot better in a few days.

Amber what a silly dream. I had a sex dream last night too. It was very weird though I was watching other people DTD. Maybe it's because I don't want to DTD?

Melly sorry you are still worried. The symptoms will come back soon I 'm sure.

AFM: I had m\s this morning that lasted until about 10:00. And then mild nausea at lunch, seems better now though. I know it's reassuring but maybe we should be careful what we wish for because it is not fun.

Happy Friday everyone!

Afternoon Ladies :hi: Wow, lots to catch up on!

Hey Kizzy, great to hear from you. Happy 10 weeks, Hun! :happydance: wow, you're really coming along nicely now. Sorry about it being the same time you miscarried last time. But glad you are managing to stay positive. Good for you. :thumbup: Hope your booking appointment goes well tomorrow. And hope you get to hear Tinker's heartbeat. Keep us posted.

Happy 7 weeks Grand! How are you feeling today Hun? Hows the M/S? :sick: You really have been suffering lately, havent you? Congratulations on the job offer! thats great news! :yipee: but please dont feel guilty about not telling them you're pregnant. When the time comes, just tell them you didnt find out til after you accepted the job offer. You're doing what's best for your family. :baby:

Hey Amber. Your symptoms are still sounding great, especially now that you have added sore boobs to your list. :holly: And I LOVED the dream about the hundreds of vibrators under the bed! :rofl:

Aww, Melly. Im sorry to hear that you're feeling scared, Hun. :hugs: Thats completely normal, and we are all here to support you through this scary time. Also, sorry to hear you're not lucky enough to have experienced a sex dream yet. Im sure you will soon :winkwink: Hope you had fun at the water park!

Hi Lisa7. Great news on the morning sickness. :sick: And glad that you have passed your m/c day and are feeling more positive. Good for you! :thumbup: ps, your sex dream made me laugh :haha:

AFM: Got the paperwork for my scan today. My GP has put me down as being 6+5 on the day of my scan, with an EDD of 22/10/11. He is obviously basing this on my LMP, which makes sense. But I dont have your average 28 day cycle, and I definitely didnt ovulate on CD14. I dont really know what to do about this? Shall I just wait for my dating scan, and see how the sonographer adjusts my dates based on the size of Bo? Im worried the sonographer will look at my EDD and think Bo is small for her age :wacko:

Also, I had my first sex dream last night! :blush: I was on holiday with a bunch of girls and we were all soaping eachother up in the shower. I woke up quite excited :shy: I didnt tell my OH about it, he wouldn't have been happy :haha: I have noticed that none of you are DTD at the moment. Should I be abstaining too? I have been carrying on as normal IYKWIM? :blush:

Hope you are all having a good weekend :friends:
xx

Morning fellow preggos!

Grand--Happy 7 wks to you and Little Blue!

Lisa7--hope the m/s is not doing you in too much hun!

Shell--If I were you I would tell the sonographer up front that your GP may be off on EDD because you O'd later than CD14. Your GP probably goes by LMP with all his patients, a lot do! But so many women can't go by that, hopefully your sonographer will realize that! As for BDing, DH and I haven't ruled it out, so long as it is gentle. I know a lot of ladies are avoiding it until after 1st trimester though.

AFM: Not as symptomatic today as I have been the past few days. Hopefully just a mini reprieve. Only real symptoms are still a slight bit of nausea that comes and goes and mildly sore boobs. Had another sex dream last night though, this one was a bit more normal though!

Hi ladies!

Lisa - I agree it's not fun even though we want it to stay at the same time :sick: bizarre!

Amber - Oz is definitely worth it - it's beautiful next time I want to go to the Great Barrier Reef and see lots more fish. (no sharks though!). Slight nausea is still good and not as much of a pain...it's nice to have a "day off"

Shell - How annoying about your dates...we're not all textbook (rarely!) but I would tell your midwife and sonographer so they know otherwise they might make you worry about the size already.

AFM: Still mildly nauseous all day long. :happydance: It's still annoying but I know it's healthy...it will be nice to feel like me in a few weeks I hope and get to the "glowing" period of pregnancy. Thanks all for making me feel less guilty about accepting a job while pregnant.

PS. Kizzy - good luck with the midwife tomorrow and
Milosmum - Scan day on Monday! :dust:

Hello ladies, ive only just found this thread, mind if i join you. The journey will be so much easier with people who understand how PAL feels.

My EDD is 2nd Oct. Have had 2 early scans so far due to bleeding but all appears well so far. My dating scan is booked for 16th March (i should be 11+3 then).

H&H 9 months to each and every one of us x

Hi Pixie! Welcome!
theres a lovely bunch of girls in here, and im sure you will find the support and friendship you desire. :friends:
heres to a happy and healthy 9 months for you and your bean :dust:
xx

hi there lovely preggo ladies:flower:

Grand - dont feel guilty hun, you might have been one of those women who didnt find out till they were 3mnths gone:winkwink:

Amber - loving the vibrator dream, that made me laugh:haha:

Melly - hope you are feeling better today :hugs: Oh, and btw I dont seem to be getting any of the fun dreams either so we can be jealous together, lol.

Shell - hope you are doing well, i agree with the others that you should tell the sonographer up front amd it will save you worry. Glad someone is getting some if you pardon the expression:blush: I just have no desire whatsoever:nope: Poor dh

Lisa - i hear you on the m/s:dohh:

kizzy - hope midwife goes well

Milosmum - good luck for your scan on monday

Pixie - welcome:flower: and congratulations

:wave: to anyone i missed

AFM: I am pleased to announce a whole day of m/s today, right up till this evening. This means naf all has been done today really but i am still very pleased, lol. You all know what i mean. Also quite hot, sore boobies by bedtime. Feeling quite good about life all in all today. Oh and the break out continues, will have to start wearing make up again to conceal that and the tiredness that people have started commenting on:dohh: Eek! I am nowhere near ready to share my news with anyone except you girls:winkwink:
Sending everyone lots of PMA and :hugs:

Hi everyone,

Welcome Pixie!:flower:

I don't have much to say today except that I slept almost all day and have been having bad nausea for most of the day causing GI upset but no vomiting. :sick:
I don't know how I will go to work if I continue to feel like this. I hope this isn't my life for the next 6 weeks or more. :shrug:

pixie--welcome welcome! congratulations and wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

mum--grats on the m/s! symptoms are moving right along for you! and I hear you on needing makeup, I had to dig out some foundation myself the other day!

Lisa7-- I too am worried about how this tiredness is going to affect my work! I supervise 16 attorneys and have to stay so alert at work, FX'd that you and I find a way to get through this the next several weeks, they say the 2nd trimester is better when it comes to being tired!

AFM: Laid down yesterday afternoon, telling DH I needed to take a 15 minute cat nap--2 hours later, he is softly nudging me awake! arg! Just soo tired! I still have slight m/s without vomitting that is pretty much throughout the day now with some heartburn at times. Boob soreness is back with a vengeance! I woke up this am to go to the restroom and felt like I forgot my left boob on the bed, it didnt want to come with me! Ouch! lol!

Hope all you ladies are doing well today!! Hugs!!!

Seems like we are all pretty :sick: - good and bad as we know - good for baby bad for us.

Welcome Pixie - I'll add you tomorrow - I'm supposed to be preparing for an interview tonight so I'll have more time.

Mum - good symptoms...I'm with you on the makeup as well - I'm so tired I think it's more the constant nausea that's making me tired. I'm so pale as well because I feel so poorly all day long. Lots of bronzer powder necessary!

Lisa - Join the :sick: club...you poor thing. I spent this morning in bed as well. If you feel too yucky don't go to work for sure. I posted a question on 2nd tri to find out when most people's M/S ended and I'll let you know the results. I need some hope as well.

Amber - excellent symptoms. Seems like you are doing a good job of catching up on sleep on the weekend. That seems like a tough job. It's one of my worries as well that I won't give my new job all my best.

AFM: Still feeling sick...started gagging when I thought about food or smelled something weird...yes lovely new symptom. I hope I don't do that during my interview tomorrow. Otherwise OH dragged me out for a walk and while I still felt nauseous it was good to get my butt moving a bit after seriously hanging out in bed all weekend. I need to get out more often and get that fresh air.

Kizzy - How was M/W appt. today???

Milos - Good luck on your scan tomorrow!

Grand--good luck with your interview tomorrow! I will be thinking of you! Also, :thumbup: to your DH for getting you out walking and with some fresh air, that is really good for you and Little Blue!

Milos--good luck with your scan hun!

Kizzy--hope all went well at m/w appt today!

Morning all :hi:
Just a quick one before I leave for work....

Hey Kizzy. How did your booking appointment go yesterday? I hope you have a nice midwife. So you're really properly pregnant now you have all your paperwork? Woohoo!

Morning Milosmum. Good luck with your scan today. Hope all goes werll, and you get to see your little bean and its heartbeat. Let us know how you get on (and post pics if possible)

Good luck with your job interview this morning Grand! and good luck deciding which job to take. Im sure you will make the right decision. Looking forward to hearing from you later.

AFM: I have had a whole week off work (half term) but unfortunately I have to go back today. Dont get me wrong, I absoluely adore my job, but I dont know how Im gonna cope with all my symptoms. Im completely exhausted by lunchtime every day, and need regular naps throughout the day (dont think that would go down well with my class?) My boobs have finally started to get sore (yay) but theyre very likely to get knocked at work (boo). And the nausea is getting much much worse (but still no actual vomiting). Oh dear, its going to be an interesting day, thats for sure.

Happy Monday everyone!
xx

morning ladies sorry I have been sooooo useless and not been on for a few days, combination of tiredness, travel and illness! Work at the end of last week was just exhausting like you shellney i could do with a lie down by lunchtime! Then wed i started to feel properly ill: high temp hot flushes headahce sneezing cold symptoms but also the runs too (sorry tmi) i also felt really sick but wasn't sure if it was the bug or m/s!
This carried on all weekend while we have been in scotland for a family birthday party thankfully everyone agreed that i looked rotten and all thought it was the cold so no questions why my glass of champers was barely drunk!
Of course then i have a had a major panic about tthis pregnancy firstly has my illness and high temp affected bubs, then panic that it might all be pregnancy related and would i feel this rough for the next nine months and finally my boobs hurt a lot less and despite the sick feeling I know wonder if bubs is still growing and ok?
Anyway this morning cold seems to be easing feel less sick and tummy much better so spent last night in bed rather than on the loo which helps (sorry tmi again!!!) soooo going to try to be positive for the next few hours til the scan at 2pm!

i have read everyone elses news and it sounds like everyones signs are progressing well and I want to hear everyones ideas on how to help the m/s feelings?

Grand good luck with todays job interview and deciding which to go for x

Shellney I hope the kids are genlte with you on your first day back x

welcome pixie!

Sorry my brain has not woken up enough yet to mention each of you which also makes me realise this is a very long very wingey post all about me - sorry!!!

Hopefully I will update with news later xxx

Hi girls, i'm on my phone, so just a quickie update from me. I still have the remnants of my rotten cold hanging around. One ear is completely blocked.
Nausea is mild, but I'm not going to panic about it. I rarely had it in my other pregnancies. Boobs are a little sore at the sides. Still super tired and I have to have a lie down in the day. If my 2yr old has a nap, I have one too. I have been sleeping great at night, this is unusual for me. Have tried to be a good wife for my husband this week. Poor guy went from complaining about getting too much when we were ttc to zip! It's just hard to muster up the energy lol.
Hope your all feeling sick, tired and sore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->