Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Amber - She looks so comfy in her bumbo. Look at her posing for the camera. Too cute! :kiss:

Gorgeous Amber :)

Does anyone else's baby love their mobile phone? G loves mine, she will stare at it for ages, and she loves the telly too plus her dads laptop! Haha

Morning ladies!

Kizzy--Grace LOVES my Ipad--I loaded up some Baby Einstein videos and some children's books (that are interactive) and showed her how that if she touches things, the book changes, and now whenever I have her on my lap with the Ipad, she wants to hit it, lol! She has not shown any interest in phones--but my niece was crazy about mobile phones when she was a baby, so much so that my brother gave her an old one of his to play with.

Neffie--I hope CoCo comes this weekend for you!! FX'd!!

IMP--what you say makes a lot of sense. My lactation consultant told me something about foremilk and hind milk with expressing and how full the breast is. If the breast is full (like for me in the mornings), the milk that comes out first will be clearer and watery (foremilk), and as I empty out the breast, the milk turns thicker and less transparent (hind milk). Since I express each attempt until I am empty, I get both fore and hind milk in the bottles for Grace. It makes sense that the thicker milk would have more fat in it and therefore be more filling. I will have to check out your link, thank you for sharing. I feel really lucky that I managed to find a lactation consultant (after going through SEVERAL) who has shared so much info with me that has worked wonders for me and that I can share with you guys! I have to admit that I was terrified that I would not be able to breastfeed Grace or provide for her in that way when she was born. It helps to know that we are not alone in our fears and that there are ways to tackle problems that arise to help us continue providing for our little ones in the way we desire.

AFM: Speaking of breast milk, I have been stocking up when I can, took a look in the freezer this morning and I have 6 bags of 3-4 oz milk stored! :happydance: Did not realize I was that well stocked! A bit relieved as I am worried about keeping up when I go back to work.

Thank you for the lovely comments on the pictures of Grace in her Bumbo, like her belly mat, she enjoys it more and more each time we use it!

Hope all of you ladies have a great Friday and weekend! We are actually taking the tree down finally this weekend, Grace loved looking at the ornaments so much that we left it up another couple of weeks (thank goodness it is an artificial tree, haha!)

Happy Saturday everyone :hi:

neffie - hope things happen for you this weekend. Cant believe your due date is on Monday! Good luck!

Amber - sorry to hear about Grace's hernia. but glad to hear its cleared up on its own, and that she wont need surgery. she looks adorable in her bumbo, by the way, and such a little poser! and well done on the frozen milk!

Imp - glad things are going well with the breastfeeding. but be careful with the pull out method - or Alia could have a littlew brother or sister sooner than you'd planned! lol.

AFM: i threw a surprise baby shower for my best friend last night. she is 37 weeks today, so her baby should be here any day now. I cant wait for Freya to have a little baby friend.

Hope you are all well ladies :)

xx

Hi Girls :hi:

I'm still here. Walked my butt off this weekend, but nothing happening yet...have had a few irregular contractions, but nothing to run home about. Have an ultrasound and appt today, so let's see what they say. Although I'm not too keen on getting a sweep, I'll definitely be asking the question to see what the options are. I'm just hoping she'll come on her own. She does need to hurry up now....everyone's getting super antsy to meet her. The calls and messages are starting to pour in. :blush:

Happy Due Date Neffie! Come soon, Coco, we all can't wait to meet you!!
:flower:

Happy due date Neffie... cant wait to hear about your appt.. :)

Shell yeah I've been a little nervious about that's also. Lol. But I guess if it does happen its not the end of the world. We do wan another anyways :)

Niffie. I had the sweep the day before my due date. And I think that's why I had Alia on her due date. It wasnt bad. I wasnt keen on it either. But I'd do it again next time. Good luck hope you have lo in your arms soon!

Thanks everyone. I'm 60% effaced, so some progress on that end, but still at 1 cm. Everything was well with Coco during the ultrasound. They've scheduled me for a NST on Friday, and will pencil me in for an induction next Monday if my little diva hasn't made an appearance by that time. :wacko: I really really hope she comes before then, so please send some 'going into labor naturally' vibes my way. [-o< I might ask for a sweep on Friday if she's not here by then.

Does anyone have any induction experiences that did not result in a C-section by the way? At the end of the day, I want what will get her here the safest, but I'm not going to lie...I sure would be a happier camper if I could have a normal delivery.

Yay for some progress.. :) Sending labor dust your way.

I have a good friend that went in for an induction with her son and she had him naturally within 12 hours. Remember that you will be going in past your due date, so your body has a much greater chance of responding favorably to induction. I went in a week early for mine due to the GD and my body was clearly not ready, so I have high hopes for you not needing a section!

Hey Neffie

I was induced at 7 days overdue and did not have a section. It did take a couple of days to get into labour though. I wish I had known that was a possibilty before I was induced as I had visions of being induced and having him a couple of hours later. I got frustrated because i thought it would happen much faster than I did. Think if they had prepared me to think that it could take a couple of days then i would have been more relalaxed.

The lady in the bed next to me though was induced and then went into labour about 3 hours later. Also no section required)

My friends sister also had a baby last week - she was induced and had baby naturally.

Theres a few.

Hopefully though you will just go on your own - I did with my first two. Was booked into be induced with my first and went into natural labour the day before. My second I had a sweep at 2 days overdue and had him within the day. XXX

Amber/Bean - Thanks! Those stories sound reassuring. I'm hoping that if I do get to the point of being induced, at least my cervix would have made some progress by then, and I can skip the prostaglandin part of the induction. I have to say the sweep is sounding like a awfully great idea right now. I'm almost positive I'm going to ask for it on Friday. Why do I have this feeling I'm not going to go into labor naturally? :nope: I so hope I'm wrong!

I hope everyone is doing well. Sorry, I haven't been posting as much. Just been preoccupied with Coco's anticipated arrival...

Neffie - Can't wait to meet Coco! I hope she comes naturally - remember I had 0 signs of labor - it started completely out of the blue. Here's some labor dust though just in case. :dust:

Sparkle - How's AA doing???

Neffie keeping everything crossed for you to go all natural soon.. I would def ask for the sweep first see if that is enought to get things moving.. as thats still a natural way to get labor started..

Hope the rest of of you are well.. 35 weeks for me tomorrow.. 2 more to term :)

Neffie- thinking of you. Really hope you go naturally. Ive also got a few friends who were induced and didn't end up with sections x

We're still keeping on going! I really don't know how... Still contracting off and on. Today this has also been joined by a lot of cramping and lower bck pain. This is going to sound really strange but I feel like I can feel my waters bulging... Like I'm going to pop. This is all such a strange experience for me. I really can't wait for it all to be over. I'm so uncomfortable and I just want my rainbow baby!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->