Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Neffie, I had an induction (well 3 altogether) and still had Georgina naturally (with ventouse assistance but no c section) and altho it took 3 days to happen she came out in the end :) like you I didn't want to be induced but at 12 days over I was just desperate for her to come out (my attempted sweeps didn't work either). I hope it all happens on it's own for you Hun xx

Niffie fingers crossed you go soon!

Afm Little one has her first jabs today :( not a happy experience. I now have a suckey bebe on my hands.

Wow, Apple Alice and Coco are really making their Mamas wait, huh?

Aww, poor Alia :hugs:

xx

Still here. :hissy: Had some strong period type cramps in the middle of the night, so thought that was the start of something. Duh, should have known better... :dohh:

Just try and remember that all these pains are doing something. Awww big hugs hun ...its soooo frustrating. XX

Sending you hugs Neffie.. hope coco comes soon for you.. first babies are always the longest to wait.. :)

Neffie- thinking of you. It's so frustrating isnt it!!

Imp- How did Alias jabs go?

Lil- Happy 35 weeks!!

Afm- still pregnant!!!

come on coco we cant wait to meet you! I am sure you will have her soon neffie those period type pains sound promising x

sparkle well done i cant believe aa is still inside! It must be a relief for you but i bet you are desperate to meet her.

Hope everyone else is well. Off to put the boy to bed xxx

Hi everyone!
Hope all Mummies, babies and bumps are well :)

Come on Coco and AA!!!

xx

Quick question ladies...
Did anyone's waters break naturally as their contractions happened. They had to break mine with C and I'm curious to know what it feels like. Did you have any warning? Did it happen with a contraction?

Neffie- how are you today?

Coco is still snuggled up in my tummy, and my induction has been set for Monday if she doesn't make an appearance by then. :growlmad: Getting a few period type cramps here and there...I've also had some pinkish discharge so I'm hoping it's my show and things will start to kick into gear before Monday. But then again, it could be the spotting from my internal earlier this week. :shrug:

I'm so torn between going for the induction on Monday and deciding to wait it out until 42 weeks. On one hand, I'm worried about the 'what ifs' of induction...like what if all that Pitocin puts Coco in distress...and I'm forcing her to come out when she's not ready. Then there's the other scenario of taking the chance and waiting it out another week...and worrying about her safety in my womb....

Sparkle - Hope you're doing well. AA might beat Coco to the punch at this rate. :winkwink:

:hi: to everyone else.

Neffie i felt that way about being induced at only 7 days over. i worried that he would not be ready. he was obviously fin though. you still have 3 whole days to go on your own though. are you having a sweep tomorrow??? cant remember if you posted that previously. by the way am typing one handed hence no capitals... xxxxxx

Sorry Sparkle. I had to have my waters broken, so I dont know what it feels like for them to break naturally. Hope someone else can shed some light....

Neffie - my personal beliefs are that babies come when they are ready, and unless there is a medical reason for induction, you should leave them to come naturally. obviously GD, Pre-eclampsia, etc are good reasons. but i dont think being a few days or a week overdue are good enough reasons - especially when your dates can often be wrong, and therefore the baby isnt actually late at all. just my opinion, dont want to cause any trouble :flower:

xx

Imp - Hope Alia is feeling better now...vaccines are tough for little ones...I hate taking Indy as well but it's for the best later on.

Sparkle - My waters broke naturally I suppose as with each contraction I would have a trick of water (delicious! :winkwink:) coming out. There was not crazy moment it just sort of happened that after 12 hours of labor each contraction pushed the liquid out. But apparently they were not totally broken and the nurse took that plastic hook and broke them all the way...so not nice! That was definitely a gush (gross gush!) and it was from then on that my labor took a turn for the worse...I would definitely have NOT artificial rupture of membranes in my birth ideal...I think it would be better to have them go naturally. Good luck hon! I can't believe AA has hung on so long after the initial scares...so good of her.

Neffie - You'll be getting lots of advice for sure but do what in your heart you think is best. My two cents (that you can take or leave of course) is I would wait for 42 weeks and get monitored everyday to make sure the placenta is still healthy and Coco is still happy inside. I'm a believer in letting nature take it's course but you do what is best for you and Coco in the end.

I can't wait for some exciting news in the next few days!!!:happydance: Much labor dust and healthy vibes for moms and babes to be! :dust:

Neffie I was strugling to type post earlier so I will continue.

I had to be induced due to medical reasons. Should have put that in my post.

Have to say though would have waited if it were not for that.

It all depends on the reasons why they are inducing you.

XX Not much help really ...Sorry.

Oh and Sparkle - I had my waters broken also so no help to you either.

Hello everybody else hope you are all well. XX

Hey ladies hope your all well..

Sparkle with my dd I didnt feel them break as they broke right as i began pushing and i was in pain already.. good luck though hun.. you can always go in and have it checked..

Neffie-I must agree with the others.. esp with a first baby.. they tend to take quite some time.. I would def try the sweep first and see if that sends things off.. and be monitored, but in the end its your personal decision.. the end is tough.. esp being overdue..

Thanks everyone for your input. I still want to believe that my body can do this on it's own. Will speak to the doctor about a possible sweep at my appt tomorrow, and see how things go from there.

I'm still working, and although I feel fine physically (knock on wood!), I sure would be glad if tomorrow was my last day before I start maternity leave. My co-workers are turning into basket cases each day they see me showing up to work. :haha:

Hey ladies! Hope all is well!

Sparkle-- my water never broke, so no words of wisdom to share. I can't wait to hear of AA's arrival, so excited for you!!

Neffie--I agree with the other ladies here-- in a perfect world, I would have let Grace come on her own, even if that meant waiting until 42 weeks. My induction was for medical reasons (GD, High Blood Pressure), and C-Section was after 3 days of failed induction drugs, and concern for Grace's health at that point and my ability to deliver her naturally given the concern over her size. My situation was more the exception to the norm. You need to make the decision that you feel is best for you and little Coco. I hope your sweep kickstarts labor for you, and if you DO need the induction, that it goes fast and smooth!:hugs: Oh-and I know what you mean about work--I worked up to the day before my induction--people a work thought I was nuts, lol! (I wanted all my days off to be with Grace though, so I worked right up to the end!)

Imp--hope Alia is feeling better after her shots! :hugs:

:hi: to everyone else, will try to catch up properly over the next few days!

AFM: Grace has her day care orientation set for next Wednesday and Thursday, and then I am back to work Monday the 6th--so not looking forward to that! :cry:

In some good news, I got my postnatal bloodwork back and I do NOT have Type II diabetes!! Sugar levels and hemoglobin are both well within the normal range, very relieved! phew!

:dust: Labor dust to our soon to be mummies!

Keep checking in to see the arrival of some lo's... Hope they arrive safely and soon!

Afm Alia is feeling better after her jabs thanks for asking everyone. It was deffinatly a really suckey night though. She cried so hard when she got them and such a different cry. One I've not heard and don't want to again. Lol. I couldnt even consol her with the boob at first. It was heartbreaking. She slept on my chest all day after and wouldn't be alone. But as I said she's better now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->