Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

I keep checking in for news also!! I hope now news is good news neffie!!

Hi there Ladies! :hi: Just catching up with everyone....

Grand - congrats on the expressing! woohoo! so glad that Indy took to the bottle with no problems. he is a clever boy! this means you can maybe have a day/night out sometime soon, and leave Indy with DH. Keep it up Hun!

Vix - ooh, good luck with the controlled crying. its not something I could do, but I hope it works for you. Also, i hope Libby is coping well with the early weaning. I dont plan on starting Freya on solids til she is 6 months old, but obviously Libby needs it now.

Imp - great job on the expressing! 6 bottles in the freezer is great! i hope Alia learns to take the bottle soon, so that you and DH can have a night out together soon.

Bean - aww, poor Nate. Vaccinations are tough for both baby and Mummy. i hope he is feeling much better now.

Lil - Happy 36 weeks! how did your appointment go today? any plans put in place?

Sparkle - Good luck for your appointment on Friday. I hope you dont end up going overdue and having to be induced after all this! haha. Come on AA!!

AFM: Freya has really got the hang of sleeping in her own bed now. 5 nights in a row so far! She wakes every 3 hours for a feed (which is normal for her, but it was much easier for me when we co-slept, as I didnt have to get up to feed her!) and she also wakes a couple of times in between feeds if her dummy falls out. So I am awake quite a lot of the night - which im really not used to! I feel like a new Mum in the early days with a newborn - I never had that experience due to the co-sleeping and breastfeeding. And boy is it tough!! lol.
In other news - my best friend, who is 38+4 weeks pregnant, has split up with her boyfriend. oops. they were only together for a couple of months before they got pregnant, and the baby wasnt planned, and her boyfriend is only 21. so overall, im surprised they stayed together tjis long. But this is the worst thing that could happen a few days before her due date. So I am on standby to be her birthing partner....

Hi to all the other ladies, bumps and babies :hi:

xx

Shell Hun I know how you feel about it being like the beginning again, teething has completely thrown georgie's routine (of all of about 2 weeks!!) out of the window and we are back to waking up all night and night feeds again, it is sooooo tough, I have been really tearful as I am so tired but luckily my lovely mum and dad had her overnight for me last night and Neil and I got a full nights sleep so I feel like a new woman today! What a difference a night makes eh? Hope Freya settles down soon, she's done brilliantly going into her own room and cot, well done big girl xx

Hi to everyone else xxx

Aww thanks Kizzy. i hope Georgie gets back in a routine for you soon
xx

Hope all is well Neffie.. :)

36 weeks today.. one more to term.. :) yay appt isnt until later on today.. its only 10 am here and my appt is at 130pm.. so still have a bit.. will update after though on whats been happening..

This is the month my baby will be here.. omg.. crazy

Hey ladies! Sorry I have been somewhat afk this week, its my last week at home and today was Graces first day of daycare orientation, so have been busy busy!

Beth-thanks, I will be thinking of you and hope your section goes smoothly!

Neffie- I too hope you are now enjoying your first blissful days with coco!

Shell-that is so awesome that you have Freya finally sleeping in her own crib. I really have to start working on that with Grace. Part of the reason I have been putting it off is that I am not looking forward to being up all night again! But I know that it is ultimately for the best, so need to work on it soon before it becomes too late and much harder! I am so sorry to hear about your friend, she is really lucky to have you there for her, and I hope she has a safe delivery when the time comes.

Lil-happy 36 weeks Hun, not much longer to the home stretch!

Kizzy-sorry to hear that G is having a rough time teething, the poor dear. I hope it improves soon! Your parents helping out is wonderful, hard to believe that we would see sleep as the precious thing that it is, but oh yes, what a difference a good night's sleep makes!

Grand-that is fabulous news on expressing and that little Indy took to it! I agree with Shell, I hope it continues to go well for you so that you can take the breaks you need while still ensuring that Indy gets his milk!

Imp-excellent news on the expressing as well-I hope Alia takes to the bottle for you soon and that Grands distraction tip helps!

Vix- hope things are going well with Libby and that the controlled crying is working for you, and what a biggie girl for being able to wean already!

Bean-I hope Nate is feeling better

Sparkle-I can't believe you are 39 weeks already, and I am so, so happy for you that AA decided to stick around and be a term baby! I hope your appointment goes well on Friday, keep us posted!

Afm- grace had her first day of daycare orientation today, and she did fabulous. There are 9 children total in the room, 2 of which are graduating to the toddler room soon. She will be the tiniest one there, the next oldest is six months. I realized today jus how hard this is going to be, DH and I have talked about approaching my work to see if I can work from home a couple days a week. We will see how things go. Tomorrow I actually leave her for a couple of hours, not looking forward to this at all! :cry::cry:

Aww Amber :hugs:
Thinking of you during this very difficult time, Hun
xx

Check up went well.. still only 1cm so should make it to term.. whcih is a great big plus.. go back in one week for next check.. been contracting a ton since my internal though.. been a bit of a pain.. oh well.. maybe actually doing something now..

Amber good luck with work Hun, hope they agree xx

:hi: Everyone,

Sorry about being MIA the last few days. But as you suspected, I've been rather busy spending and savoring these precious moments with my lovely Coco. :cloud9: There is truly no other feeling in the world that quite compares to the joy of becoming a mother and seeing and holding your baby for the very first time. Getting all emotional just writing about it...

As much as I would love to be able to share Coco's name with you all, I've decided that Coco would be the best way to refer to her on the forum...long story short, and without going into too much detail, it's for privacy purposes. I hope you guys don't mind...

She was born on Jan 30th weighing 7lbs 6oz and measuring 21 inches long. Will post some pics & my birth story later. Thanks everyone for thinking of me these past few days. :kiss: Will try and catch up properly when I have some free time.

Neffie- many many congratulations on Coco's birth!!

Yay Well done neffie and welcome coco!! Xxx

:yipee::happydance:CONGRATULATIONS NEFFIE AND WELCOME TO THE WORLD LITTLE COCO!!!:happydance::yipee:

Enjoy every moment with your precious little girl!:hugs:

Congratulations Neffie on the birth of your darling Coco! :dance:

Can't wait to read your birth story and see your pics.

(and as much as I would love to know her name, I completely respect your wishes of privacy) :flower:

xx

Well done Neffie! Welcome coco!
Hope all is well x

Amber- I really feel for your situation, but im sure this is harder for you than Grace! I dread picking a nursery for Libby as she screams at everyob,i've never seen a baby like her even my closest freind are unable to pick her up :(

Hope all you ladies, bumps n babys are well....

Afm....
Libby is doing great with her baby rice and were trying apple and bananas this week! Sickness has reduced amazingly!

P.s when my 8year old was born the age to start weaning was 3months....

She is still draining 8oz every 3-3.5hrs but that's fibe as the few tastes she's having at mo ate just preparing her for real weaning....
As fot the controlled crying we were doing great, but the other night I discovered dh hadn't been leaving her as instructed.... He's been holding her hand.... That isn't the plan! But even with holding her hand she still is only taking 5mkns to nod off so that ok for now!

X

Hi ladies!
A little update on my appointment yesterday. I am now 2cm dilated! She also did a sweep and I've been really crampy since so hopefully it's doing something...
I'm going back on Monday (my due date!!!) to discuss induction, they'd prefer to go sooner rather than later...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->