Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Neffie coco is gorgeous and I am enjoying your birth story so far, looking forward to hearing the rest! Re massage in my class we use organic sunflower oil. Our "teacher" said anything flower or vegetable based is fine but avoid anything with nuts because of allergy and anything with petroleum in it because it is basically petrol xx

Grand- No our controlled crying doesnt get used during the day as yet.... were having problems with the cotrolled crying at mo seems to be going backwards!!

Lil- Thank you, but i dont feel strong lol i feel like getting in the car and driving at the mo lol

Neffie- Coco is so cute, and your birth story so far sounds lovely!!

AFM
A hour later and Libby is still fighting the sleep... its so unfair on the other two, im debating weather to give up and try when shes a little older???
x

Lil- I was also 2cm before lab our... i let out a sigh of relief as i knew id only have 8cm to go lol

Shell- Isnt teething pooh?? we are dribbling and red cheeked and eating everything in sight but as yet nothing to show for it!! We bought some 'teether' sachets my sister swear by them!!

Bean- Im sure it is there somewhere!! finger crossed!!

Milo- Sorry you and Callum are having such a crappy time with the feeding :( havent got any usful adive im afriad but didnt wanaa read n run!

I think Libby may finally be asleep!! My heart sinks when i see the red light on the monitor... infact i can see it out of the corner of my eye right now :(

I cant complain i know as she does a full 10-12hrs when she is asleep... but she doesnt have anymore than 20min during the day, and to have 20 mins she has to be ricked to sleep even the pram or car doesnt work?? maybe wiskey will!! OJ!!

Grand- I just noticed your signiture!!! not trying not preventing?? wow thats fab!! your so brave lol id have loved two so close together, with a age gap of 4yrs between all 3 ive started over again 3 times at least with 2 so close you have a close bond and get all the messy potty training etc out of the way?? are u still bf?? have u had a period yet? oh how exciting!! We still have ladys waiting to give birth and we could have a new BFP soon!! yay Good luck!! (im so broody but never ever ever ever ever again)

x

Kizzy- We use organice sunflower oil.... Libby loves her arms and legs massaged, but she isnt keen on her belly or face doing, our course has finished now but we had a lovely time getting nice and messy lol

Vix - Feeding to sleep still works for us :flower: I know it's a time zapper but it's easy at least and no tears.

Neffie - Coco's got lovely rosy cheeks...so cute! Love your birth story so far...you seem so at ease with motherhood already. Same like Kizzy said only Organic Veggie Oils (I use Sunflower) and no nut oils - a lot of massage oils including baby ones use almond oil (even Weleda) but it's not recommended by the massage teacher for allergies - also NO essential oils as babies can't handle them yet.

Kizzy - Seems like you're already trying all the tricks...:hugs:

Sparkle - Labor dust love :dust: If you're not in labor already I hope tomorrow's appointment goes well!

Lil - Not much longer now! So nice you got some romantic time with your OH...I'm jealous!

Milos - So sorry about your rough time of it - It can get overwhelming especially with lack of sleep. As for the bottle we just introduced it this week and the only way he took it was with me giving the bottle hugging him close and dad shaking his jingle bells rattle to distract him from the fact that it was not a boob. After a few moments of whinging/crying he stopped and started sucking and was rewarded with milk so he kept sucking. That technique has worked every time so far. Good luck!

Shell - That's really tough about the financial issues...I totally understand because I don't have maternity pay at all so I get zero money for my 6 months off...I'm supposed to go back in March but haven't found daycare yet :dohh: but I need to for money's sake...could you do part-time maybe...that's what I'm trying to do.

Bean - I know I thought 35 was ancient when I was 16 years old babysitting for all these families where the moms were that age...LOL the perspective of age totally changes when you get to be 35!

Grand- Dont get me wrong, if Libby would fall asleep on a feed id be more than happy with that, but even giving her a extra ounce doesnt work and shes still awake :(

Aww neffie. What a wonderful birth story. i really enjoyed reading it.
Well done for pushing her out yourself, Hun. its hard work, isnt it?
Glad to hear breastfeeding and expressing is going so well for you.
xx

Great to read your birth story Neffie.. sounds like a good one.. besides the pain.. which all labors have.. :) Coco is just beautiful though.. a week already wow.. time is flying..

Grand- we havent been out in a long time my dh and just I.. a 2 1/2 year old dd doesnt let us have much alone time.. :) So was nice..

AFM not much happening.. tired and cant wait to meet my baby..

Great birthing story neffie. And congrats on the arrival of coco

HAPPY DUE DATE SPARKLE AND APPLE ALICE!!

Cant believe you made it! Lots of love :hugs:
xx

Hi everyone! I am back to work today and it is all really hectic. I am currently working off of someone else's computer as mine won't let us log into it for some reason, even with the administrator codes! What a welcome back, huh? haha! I promise to catch up with everyone sometime this week, I have been reading along and following with you all though!

Really quickly:

Neffie--CoCo is gorgeous as is your birth story, so happy you were able to push her out yourself and you sure are taking to motherhood very well!! Awesome news to hear that expressing is going well, my DH also loves to feed our little one so it is definitely a perk!

Sparkle/AA--Happy Due Date!!! :happydance: You made it!!! I hope to hear of AA's arrival very soon!!! Huge hugs hun!!!

Lil--almost there! So glad you were able to have some relaxing time out with DH, so important, especially now that you will soon have a baby AND a toddler taking up all of your time!!

Shell--oh hun, I am so sorry to hear that you may have to return to work sooner than you would like. I totally understand where you are at. This is partially why I returned to work so soon--we just bought a new house in a pricey suburb a few years back (to give Grace access the best school district we could--#2 in the state!), and in exchange, we need both of our incomes to afford it. I really hope you are able to do part time, it hurt so much today when I said goodbye to Grace at daycare.

Grand--I hope to see a BFP from you in the near future!! DH and I will be trying for #2 starting the end of this year, once Grace turns 1, for the very same reasons you are NTNP now. I too hope you are able to manage part time when you return to work! Oh, and funny story about not looking one's age--I'm 37 (old fart)--last week my neighbor stopped by to see Grace and started talknig about her daughter in law who was starting to try for her 2nd child at 35, she then remarked to me "So see hunny, at 29, you have lots of time to try for your second!" I was like "uh, I'm 37". She almost fell over! haha I felt so complimented but old at the same time, rofl!

Bean--I really hope they are able to find little Nate's testicle and make sure that it gets descended. Poor little guy, you both continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!

Kizzy--loving the pics on FB btw!! I hope G is doing better with her teething, poor dear.

Vix--sorry to hear controlled crying is regressing. I hope it turns around for you! Also loving the FB pics!!

Milos--so good to hear from you hun!! :hugs: Sorry to hear about the exhaustion/lack of sleep you have been going through. I hope Grand's tip about feeding helps! It really does ease things up when your other half can help out with feedings!

:hi: to anyone I may have missed! Like I said will try to properly catch up as things ease up for me this week!

AFM: Grace is taking to daycare very well, she is such a smart little lady and is already fitting right in! Mommy is not doing so well, but that is to be expected. I am so neurotic that I even typed up a 3 page "Getting to know Grace" document about her personality, eating habits, likes/dislikes and gave that to her teacher this morning when we dropped her off. They probably think I am nuts. :wacko: I had a good cry in the car, fortunately DH and I commute in to work together, so he kept me distracted. Everyone at work is being really great about things--Ive already done my first expressing without incident in my office. They are all happy to have me back and telling me how much they like the pictures of Grace, which is nice--but it is still not as good as being home with her!! :cry: I am a pretty strong woman generally, but this is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do!!

Amber, massive, massive hugs, that made my heart go out to you, I genuinely believe grace will LOVE daycare, all those other kids and all that playing etc she will have a fabulous time and gradually you will start to find it easier and you'll see she's happy there but for the mean time just enjoy tons of cuddles when you get home from work xxx

Amber- your doing so well! And I think the 'getting to know grace' is a brilliant idea and hey wouldn't think your crazy! I know how hard their first few weeks at day care are (ive done it twice) but u promise it will be worth it in the end, as u appreciate the time u get to spend with her so much more :) keep the good work up x

Happy due date sparkle! I'll be thinking of u x

Happy Due date sparkle.. :)

Thanks Amber.. hope your day is going well at work.. would be tough to leave grace at daycare but in the end your doing the best possible thing for your family.. Hugs

Ladies, very quickly. We celebrated our due date by welcoming AA into the world at 4:28am! After an amazing 48 mins established labour and pushing. She's beautiful and we adore her. All home earlier this evening.
She weighs 6lbs 15oz and her name is Emilia!!

Well done SPARKLE and welcome baby Emilia!
Her birth sounds pretty amazing well done u!
Hope u all have a restful night xx

:hi: Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't been around, but I'll explain in a bit. First:

:wohoo:WELCOME TO THE WORLD, COCO AND EMILIA!!! :wohoo:

Congratulations Neffie and Sparkle!!!!!! So happy for you both!

AFM: I've been struggling with depression/anxiety for the last month, something I've had on and off for many years. I guess the stress of worrying about baby got to be too much for me and I couldn't handle it for a little while.
I feel better right now, not 100% but dealing with it a bit better. I'm still having a hard time communicating with people, thus the silence.
I still check in all the time to be sure everyone is doing alright. I'm just finding it hard to 'talk'. Sorry.

I had my anomaly scan last week and it went well, although the technician had a hard time getting a good profile shot. I haven't scanned the photos yet, but I'll try to do it later and then post them.
Biggest news: it's a girl! :pink:
I hadn't planned on finding out, but curiosity got the best of me. I'm glad I found out, because now I feel even more connected to the baby and so does OH.
So, I'll post photos soon!
xo

Sparkle - CONGRATS!!! :happydance: Welcome to the world baby Emilia! Glad to hear that all went well...talk about a speedy labor! :thumbup: Enjoy your new bundle of joy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->