Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Your very lucky to have family childcare! My parent still work and as a vicar and a senco teacher they work long hours and andys family are in their 70s and not in perfect health :( x

Shell- advise on calpol etc.. try syringe but get oh to hold her, squirt and massage her throat at the same time it stops the gagging reflex and should force her to swallow, I know it sounds cruel but I learnt to do it when zack had chest problems and had to have his meds 4 tines a day, I couldn't get them down him and he ended up in hospital on IV meds and the nurses showed me it! I also used the technique on our cat when she was ill :)
And no Libby doesn't wake for feed or change, if she wakes at 6am I change and feed then she's back asleep in my bed until 9am, I know how lucky I am, and I'm the kinda person who doesn't cope well without sleep and I know when her teeth come it could change so I'm stocking up on sleep x

:hi: Everyone,

Once again, loads of catching up to do. :dohh:

Bean - I hope Nate's cold has eased up, and that your other son is also feeling better.

Vix - That's such a cute pic of Libby! Glad to hear her jabs went well, and that she's starting to sleep better.

Amber - Sorry to hear of your struggles with leaving Grace at daycare. I can only imagine how tough it must be. On the bright side, it's great that she's taking to it so well. :thumbup: I'm sure it will only get better in due course of time. It's also nice that you and OH are able to share the commute to work.

Lil - Happy full term!! :happydance: You're in the home stretch now. Hope you're able to sort out the matter regarding picking the doc for peanut. Those kind of things sure can be a hassle.

Kizzy - Sorry to hear that Georgina was struggling with sleep, but looks like things are starting to look up. Keep it up.

Grand - Glad to hear that the massage is coming along well. I hear you on finding a good daycare. It sure is a pain in the butt!! :growlmad: Hope you find one that suits your needs soon.

Sparkle - Glad to hear that all is well with you and Emilia. Look forward to reading your birth story, and seeing some pictures when you have a chance.

Milos - Sorry to hear that Callum is struggling with sleep. Hope it gets better soon. Glad to hear that you're having a better time with the feeds. Sounds like he's taken a liking to the water babies class which is fab! :thumbup:

Imp - Glad to hear that Alia is already such a great sleeper. Definitely consider yourself lucky. :winkwink: Adorable pic by the way! As for moving them into their own room, we have Coco sleep in her pack n play in our room at night, but she also takes some of her day time naps in the crib in her room. We figured we'd get an early start on it, so she wouldn't have an issue adjusting to sleeping in her own room down the road.

Shell - Hope Freya's teething issue settles down soon. I'm sure it's anything but easy seeing them in pain and feeling so helpless. Glad to hear that your bestie has made up with her BF. Hope all goes well for her with the delivery. Sorry to hear that you have to consider going back to work as early as next month. It's great though that you have your mum & MIL to help with caring for Freya. Hope everything works out for you!

I don't think I missed anyone, but :hi: and sorry if I did.

AFM, life has never been better. We are cherishing each and every moment with our beautiful Coco. :cloud9: She is changing so much with each passing day, and we are learning so much about her with each passing moment. Breastfeeding is continuing to go well (knock on wood!). We had a few difficult nights where she would not fall asleep in her pack n play, and ended up sleeping the night on my chest. Swaddling her has been a hit or miss kind of thing, but we've tried it for the past few nights, and it has worked like a charm! :thumbup: She's been sleeping for 3-4 hour stretches, and lets us know when she's ready to eat or have her diaper changed. As for daytime, looks like she's starting to have a little routine there as well. She's usually awake most of the morning, and then takes a 4-5 hour nap in the afternoons.

We've been letting her have tummy time on her mat, and so far she seems to be enjoying it. I've also started massaging her, which is absolutely loves! Last night she had her first bath with soap, and she was in heaven. So you see...I can't really complain too much. She has been a goodie little girl. :winkwink:

On a not so very happy note, it turns out that the daycares we really liked are not going to be able to accommodate her for the starting period we wanted. :nope: It really stinks because we've been on the waiting list for more than 8 months. So now it's back to the drawing board, and trying to figure out what to do. I'm not really keen on entrusting her care to a nanny who comes over to our house. I'd rather her be in a more social setting with more people around. I'm at my wits end though. I'm sure that eventually we'll get into the daycare of our choice, but in the meantime I'm so totally freaked out! :shrug:

Anyhoo, back to happy times....here are some pics of my little cutie. :kiss:

DSC_0838.jpg

DSC_0711.jpg

DSC_0828.jpg

Bettie- coco looks adorable! seems such a long time ago that Libby was that small! Her hair is lovely!
She sounds like a dream baby!
I share the anxiousness re childcare, when are you due back? X

Vix - I go back to work the end of April. So not looking forward to it.. :(

What do you do? Are you planning on going bk full time? X

Hi all

Neffie - coco is just gorgeous. I am so sorry that you are worrying about daycare.

I am lucky that I can take Nate to the schoo that I work in as it has a childrens centre with a nursery. Woud like to look for a job in another school but at the moment the fact that I will be able to take him there is a massive reason to stay.

Shell - its great that you have support from your mom and mil. Hope freyas teething is getting better.

Vix - I see that your mom is a senco - i bet she is a very busy lady with that job.

HI everybody - hope that you are all ok.

We are having laods of decorating done at the mo as had a leak from the bathroom. Also having a new bathroom - so we have no bathroom at the mo only a loo in there, which is being taken out tonight and I have picked up a tummy bug and have the runs - oh joy. Spent the whole of yesterday stripping the hall, stairs and landing so not been on much. Will catch up proper later. XX HAve a good day all.

Milos - sorry, I forgot to reply to your question on weening. Here in the UK we are advised to wait until babies are 6 months old before weaning, otherwise it could cause them digestive problems in the future. So I am trying to wait until then.

Vix - i have heard good things about Amber necklaces and teething. However, I have also heard that they can irritate sensitive skin. And as Freya has recently been diagnosed with eczema, and dont want to risk it. Thanks though! Wow, 6 children between you! That sounds very expensive!! Its a shame that your parents or in-laws cant help with the childcare. I agree that I am very lucky. My Mum is 46 and works 4 days a week, so she will have Freya on her day off. And my MIL is 62 and retired, so she can do the other days. Thanks for the tips on the Calpol and syringe. I will have to give that a go tonight!

neffie - OMG, Coco is adorable!! I love her!! Its lovely to hear that life is so perfect for you right now. Im glad to hear that breastfeeding and sleeping are both going well. I hope that you manage to sort out your childcare issues soon.

Bean - sorry to hear that you have a tummy bug right now. That must be terrible when you have children to look after, and a house refurbishment going on. I hope you feel better soon, and that the house is finished quickly.

Hi all :hi:

xx

Here are some recent photos of Freya.
#1 - sitting up unaided at Mum+Baby group.
#2 - posing in her new dress.
#3 - enjoying the snow!

xx

Attachments

• DSCF0038.jpg
    DSCF0038.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF0034.jpg
    DSCF0034.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF0084.jpg
    DSCF0084.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 7
Neffie - Coco is adorable. That first picture would look fantastic blown up to a big size and in black and white. :cloud9:

Shell - Freya is so cute and growing so quickly!!

:hi: all, I'm still here lurking in the background patiently waiting for AF to return after 4 long months!!

Hi New :hi: Thanks for popping in. Still thinking of you, and sending you lots of hugs :hugs:

xx

Bettie- coco looks adorable! seems such a long time ago that Libby was that small! Her hair is lovely!
She sounds like a dream baby!
I share the anxiousness re childcare, when are you due back? X

Kizzy has just informed me id called NEFFIE BETTIE!!! omg stupid phone!! sorry! x

It made me laugh too. But I knew it was just autocorrect on Vix's phone!
xx

Hey all hope your all well.. :)

Not much new to report.. hope baby comes soon lol..

Hey Lil not long now. This stage goes so slowly, but very soon you will have your little baby in your arms.

Here is a recent photo of my little boy - my 3rd little boy.

Attachments

• xxx 021.jpg
    xxx 021.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 5
  • ebay and new baby photos 034.jpg
    ebay and new baby photos 034.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 7
Bean he is adorable!
Lol- not long! The end is in sight altho I know the last few weeks seem like an eternity! This time next month you will be hone with your baby x

NEWS FLASH!
We have a tooth.... Or the corner of one lol, can't see anything as such exept lines where they will be but its just a very slight sharpness. Im hoping it is a tooth coz my god she's been a little devil today! The only time she has been quiet is when I've took her into the garden to give her air! Ended up going to the park for some piece as she loves fresh air. This evening we've had nelsons, calpol and bonjella and nothing has soothed her! She's finally asleep after abandoning the cot and having mummy cuddles. She's also refused all solids ive offered today and non stopped biting and chewing everything she can get her hands on!
Anyway off to shut my eyes before she relises shes in her cot with a teddy and not mummy

Night ladys

X

I just wanted to say: 3 weeks (or less!) until we meet SF face to face! AHHHHHHHH!!!!

Lil - Happy 38 weeks for tomorrow! Hope baby comes soon!

Bean - Aww, Nate is such a handsome little chap!

Vix - Poor Libby. I hope she feels better soon. and I hope you manage to get some rest/sleep.

Beth - Ooh, not long now Beth! enjoy your last few weeks of pregnancy.

AFM: my best friend is in labour! I drove her to the hospital last night and stayed with her for an hour until her boyfriend arrived to support her. We have been texting all through the night. She is currently on the syntocinon (pitocin) drip, with an epidural. She is quite relaxed and very excited to meet her little girl. At 7am, she was 6cm dilated, so im just waiting for the call to say baby is here. When they are ready to come home today or tomorrow, I will be going to pick them up from the hospital. Can't wait to meet Freya's new best friend!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!! :kiss:
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"