Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

OH took a very cranky LO off my hands... thank goodness...I agree Vix...I would be lost without OH during this teething.

Imp - Totally normal she's starting "teething" - gums double in size now to prepare for teeth which is really just the start of teething...guess you're in good company with all of us :winkwink: I can't get over your sweet girl's hair...she is just too cute...model baby from a model mommy!

Bean - Completely jealous but so happy that your little Nate has STTN!!! What an amazing milestone for baby and best of all for mommy. :sleep:

Kizzy - I hope you can get your hours reduced! It's nice to have a good blend of baby and adult time.

Lil - Keep us updated as to your progress...so excited for our next LO!!!

Sorry I can't remember the rest of the updates...I have to read back again but don't think I've forgotten you all!

PS. I got the OK from work to do part-time so I'll be doing 8 to 1 everyday. :thumbup: We also found an awesome nanny but only 4 days a week so OH is taking one day off and working Saturday instead with his job and Indy and OH will have one "boy" day together when the new nanny can't take care of him. She is a gem...I started crying and she was just wonderful comforting me (she's a mom with a 5 year old son so she understands the separation anxiety) and she is going to send pictures and texts during the first weeks when I'm freaking out about leaving my son. Indy will be in her home (which is located right above the fire station - her hubby is a firefighter and they have housing for them above the fire house! Talk about a great place just in case of an emergency.) with 2 other babes - one is 3 months and the other is 2 years old. She has lots of nice toys and her place is big and sunny and clean and she takes them out every day on walks or joins other neighborhood nannies for games/songs etc. I'm super sad to leave him but feel like we have a very trustworthy woman. Still in teething misery and no sleep zone! Hope it's over soon....

Milo - You snuck in on me there! :haha: That's awesome that Callum is getting into napping...gosh I haven't started that yet...just "surviving" still LOL.

ahhh Imp she has fab hair, is it red? like my little bubba :)

grand, massive hugs on teething I hope it finishes soon, have any actually cut through yet?

Bean, well done to Nate, Georgie did 10.30 til 8.30 last night too and she had a 2hr 15 min nap in her cot today too meaning I had a lovely bath and washed blow dried and straightened my hair in advance of a girls night out tonight, feels like a luxury to be able to properly do my hair these days!!

hi all xxx hope everyone is well.

off topic, how are you all sleeping comfort wise? I used to love sleeping on my tummy pre preg then obvs couldnt and after she was born I could but lately I find it gives me a real backache and isnt comfy at all. I find myself tossing and turning a lot to get comfortable!!

Hi Kizzy :wave: - I see a white spot on one of his bottom "teeth" areas...is that cutting? RE: Sleeping...I toss and turn all the time now just like you...I used to sleep on my back but now nothing is super comfortable. I tend to sleep on my side now. Usually though I'm getting up all the time feeding Indy so I guess it doesn't matter too much just yet...LOL...that's so luxurious that you can do your hair properly...biding my time for that day that I can look like a yummy mummy!

Thanks everyone. Thats the first thing everyone says. No one can get over her hair. Lol

Milo's I wish I could get Alia to nap during the day. I'm well slept but can't get anything done! I need to work on that also! Glad its going well for you.

Grand that's so great you found someone to watch lo while you work and were able to get dh a boy's day! My hd needs some bonding time but he's working 12 hour days right now so it's soo hard. Lo is such a cutie!!

Kizzy. She does have a red tint to her hair! It depends what light I look at it in. But I think it's strawberry blond for sure. Not really sure where that came from as dh is dark and I'm blond.?? As for sleeping I use to sleep on my tummy as well but find that uncomfortable too. I get a few comfy hours on my side. But then my breasts start to get full. By the time Alia wakes I'm in pain and NEED to feed. So the last few hours I'm tossing and turning trying to get comfy. Guess theres a negaitive to her sleeping so well at night. Lol

Yes Grand, I'd say so hun, that's how Georgina's started out, if you touch it with your nail does it feel like it's exposed rather than covered in gum? if you can see white bumps I think it wont be long before the tooth (or teeth) break through. There's light at the end of the tunnel!! xx

kizzy - i am struggling to sleep comfortably too. I have some back/pelvis pain after having vallum and after a few hours in bed nothing is very comfy. however getting up 4 times during the night to feed means I am not in bed long enough to suffer! Also i think i sleep much lighter listening for callum so dont't get the same level of rest as i used to. I do wonder if i will ever sleep soundly again!?!

Grand - your nanny sounds lovely i hope that you feel more at ease about returnning to work now you have his childcare sorted. When do you go back?

Going to try for an early night but i think i can here callum stirring so maybe not!

Xxx

So in a short had appt at 130, baby's hb was down and was actively contracting, did the nst and dr said it was okay but he wanted to just keep me.. I was 3cms and head was really low.. walked with him to the hospital and called my family.. got hooked up to iv at 430 and had to have that for a bit before getting the epi, which i will never get again.. didnt work right had to do it twice and it wore off before i even started pushing.. got checked and was 4, water was broke, then went from 4 to 8 in an hr.. started pushing at 8pm he was born at 8:08 with cord around his neck.. been going great since though and happy to have my family home

Thats the short version on the birth..

Postpartum is hard with the hormones, bleeding is tapering quite a bit, soaking helps with the tear.. had a second degree tear down the middle ouch.. boobs are rocks as milk came in, now to dry up lol as bottle feeding.. will get some pics up soon.. have to copy and paste my story lol..

feb 15th :)

Lil- many many congratulations on the birth of your baby boy!!

:yipee::happydance:CONGRATULATIONS LIL!!!! WELCOME TO YOUR BABY BOY!!!:happydance::yipee:

Glad to hear he is here safe and sound, what a delivery!! Enjoy every moment with your precious baby boy and your beautiful family!! Can't wait to see pics!!

Lil - CONGRATS!! :happydance: Another :blue: addition to this thread. Enjoy your bundle of joy! Hope you have a speedy recovery, and we look forward to seeing some pics when you get a breather.

Congratulations on the birth of baby Bryce! Your :yellow: bump turned :blue: !

Cant wait to see pics of your little man. Hope you are recovering well

xx

Hi Ladies :hi: Hope you all enjoyed your weekends.

Grand - aww Hun. so sorry to hear you are in "teething hell" with Indy. I totally know how that feels. I hope his tooth/teeth cuts through the gum soon, so that he (and you) gets some relief. Big hugs to you both :hugs: Great news that you managed to reduce your hours at work, and have found the perfect Nanny - she sounds wonderful! And isnt little Indy a handsome chap?

Kizzy - glad to hear little Georgie is sleeping so well. I never bothered with a sensor mat, as they seem more trouble than they are worth. But if it makes you and Neil feel more relaxed, then stick with it. It just hope it doesnt keep you awake too much. How did you get on trying to reduce your working hours? Hope you enjoyed your girls night out!

Vix - hope you and the kids had a fun half term! How is Libby doing with her teething/weaning/sleeping these days?

Bean - well done Nate on the excellent sleeping! Thats fab! Hope you get your bathroom sorted soon.

Imp - aww poor Alia. No, its not too early to start teething - Freya started at just 8 weeks. Have you tried a teething powder to relieve her pain? Thats what works best for us (better than Bonjela). I hope she gets some relief soon. And wow, isnt she beautiful! I adore her hair!

Milos - glad to hear Callum is doing well with the daytime napping. I hope he can keep it up when your social life gets back on track!

neffie and Sparkle - I hope you and your baby girls are doing well.

Lots of love to the other Femmes Fetales :kiss:

AFM: Freya turned 4 months old today! Where did the time go? Curiosity got the better of me, and I wanted to see what she would do if we tried her with a bit of baby rice....well she loved it! You shouldve seen her, she nearly chewed the spoon off! She just couldnt get enough! Now im worried, coz she is obviously ready for food, but my Health Visitor advised me not to give her food til she is 6 mnonths old. Now I dont know what to do??

In other news - I picked up my best friend from the hospital on Thursday evening. And her baby girl is adorable! I love her so much! Im taking Freya to meet her new best friend on Friday - I bet Freya will look huge in comparison!

xx

Congrats Lil!!!!

Just wanted to share one more photo...

I wanted to capture the Love and Trust in one look! This is the look that melts my heart everyday!

Attachments

• feeding4-3.jpg
    feeding4-3.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 4
Yay, congrats lil, fabulous news, hope you are all home safe and well with your new son!!!!

Lovely pic imp xxx

Wow - loads happening.
Congrats Lil - that is fab news.

Imp that is a lovely picture and totally get what you mean.

Shell - congrats to your bf - it is lovely to have a close friend who has a baby similar age. As far as the rice goes - Mine both had rice about 3/4 months - they were ready. I am sure that 6 months is just a guideline. Anyway they keep changing the goal posts.

Neffie/ Sparkle - how are your beautiful little girls doing.

Kizzy - hope that you had a nice night out after your little bit of pampering time.

Grand - Indy is so sweet and great news on part time

Milo - thats great that you are getting in to a routine.

Amber - hope that grace is doing ok at daycare. Hoew are you hun?

Vix - How is little Libby doing?

Bellas, Sam, anna - Hi hope you are doing well.

I STILL HAVE NO BATHROOM - am getting fed up. Seems to be lots of problems.
I am making soup as i feel so poorly. Achy, blocked nose and ears etc..... BLAH

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->