Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Poor grace - I hope she feels better soon x

Lil - 3 cycles already wow your body has snapped back to a good rhythm. Like IMp I am still waiting for my first AF since having Callum 7 months ago and I am only breastfeeding him once a day now, he is onto the bottle the rest of the time. I think it will be 100% bottle by the end of this week so it will be interesting to see when AF turns up!

Argh thought he was asleep but maybe not, off to resettle him hopefully back later xxx

Aww Amber. Poor you, and poor Grace. It must be awful for you both. I hope things improve soon. Take care.

Imp - what a beautiful photo of Alia. she is gorgeous, and has such lovely hair.

Regarding periods, breastfeeding etc - I had my first AF when Freya was just 2 months old, AND i was exclusively breastfeeding every 3 hours, and using the depo injection as contraceception. both of which are supposed to suppress your periods. I guess I was just unlucky. I have had 4 AFs in the 6 months since birth. Oh well.

Milos - I am also only breastfeeding Freya once or twice a day now. Are you upset about giving up altogether? I dont want to let go, i will miss it so much, but i know she just doesnt need it anymore.

AFM: Thankyou everyone for your kind words about my situation with OH. I really hope you are all right and he will change his mind when Freya is a bit older. We are hoping to move house later this year (from a 2-bed to a 3-bed), so maybe when we have the extra bedroom, he will want an extra baby to fill it?! Thanks again :hugs:

xx

Hey girls! :hi:

Shell- don't worry about what the DH has said too much now, having worked as a nanny I've worked with lots of families who have had babies. It's very common for one of the parents to say they want no more kids but usually 9/10 go on to have more. It's far too early to make any final decision and the madness of having a newborn is still quite fresh for him. I'm sure, in time you'll be on the same page again xx

Lil- I loved reading your post, makes me soooooo excited to become a mummy! Glad you are happy and very contented

Amber- hope Grace feels better soon

Grey- good luck with the move, hope it all goes smoothly

Feisty- how you doing lovely?

Imp- OMG what a gorgeous pic!!

Mios- hope Callum resettled, good luck with getting him 100% bottlefed - very impressed :)

I am back but nearly 24 hours later! Callum eventually settled and we had a quiet night after that. I think he is still getting used to having the bottle at night, he does not find it as soothing as breastfeeding so is not as sleepy when I put him in his cot so we get a bit of grumbling before going to sleep (or full on crying as it was last night!) Also sometimes he hardly takes any milk 2-3oz and won't have anymore then wont go to sleep so when he starts crying I go back and then he takes the rest of the bottle - very odd child!

Anyway thats it for us breastfeeding is over I fed him yesterday morning as my boobs were still full (he has only had 1 breastfeed a day for about a week now) but this morning no fullness, no soreness so I gave him a bottle instead. Yes I am very sad about it but it had to be done! I go back to work in about 6 weeks and there is no way I could express and store milk at work (I know legally they have to let you but it just would not happen, no time, no available space for privacy etc) and also I still have a lot of pelvic pain from birth and the physio, doctor and osteopath (yes I have seen them all) say that until I get rid of all the hormones from pregnancy and breastfeeding then the ligaments in my pelvis will continue to be loose and I will still be sore. So I decided he has had the benefits for 7 months and now he needs a mummy who is not constantly in pain and can run around after him as he gets bigger. Also I have to be fit to lift and carry weight etc when I get back to work. Thankfully my body seems to have down regulated my milk production really well and I gave up expressing milk about a week ago too and so he is entirely on formula as of today. I really will miss the bonding and cuddles but it was getting less fun as he was so easily distracted and soooo wriggly so now I can feed him without flashing my boobs to the world!

Hope everyone else is well, bumps, babies and mummies.

We are off on hols tonight for a week then its Callum's christening a week on Sunday so I will catch up with you all after that.

PS for a sneeky preview of callums christening outfit ...

https://www.trewscots.co.uk/BabyWear.aspx

we tried the family christening gowns but they are just too girlie for him now he is such a big lad!

Aww Callum's christening outfit is adorable :cloud9:

Sarah feeling a bit gloomy this afternoon. My PMA was on a high the last few days but then Wednesday and Thursday night I had dreams where there was either no heart beat or weak heart beat at Monday's scan and now I am worried it is a stupid omen :(

Thanks Sarah, I hope you're right! How are you and bump?

Milos - congratulations on feeding Callum for 7 months. You gave him a wonderful start in life. You should be very proud. Hope you have a lovely holiday. And isnt Callum's christening outfit just adorable?!

Feisty - try not to worry hun. I know the horrible nightmares can be so distressing, but please try to stay positive. Im sure in 3 days time you will see your beautiful baby with a very strong heartbeat.

Hi everyone :hi:

xx

BREAKING NEWS: last night, Freya STTN for the first time ever!!! :happydance: :yipee: :wohoo: :dance:

xx

Aww Shell that is awesome!

Roll on when I can buy a Doppler! Fingers crossed it will help to calm me down a bit :blush:

Shell - That is fab news.......Woohoo well done Freya x

Aw Feisty hun it is so hard not to feel that way especially being pal. Like Shell says try and stay positive...not long now. Extra hugs for you...X

Milo - 7 months is brill.....It does get more uncomfortable as they get bigger and the teeth start to come aswell. I go back towork in 6 weeks aswell (25th June)
Sarah, Imp, Amber, Kizzy, everyone hello and hope you are well.

AFM - nate growing so fast. pushing himslef up, chattering away. He is such a pleasant baby. XX

Not sure if it's the same day for all you ladies over seas. But it's mothers day here in Canada so Happy First Mothers Day to you all!!!

Over in the UK we had ours in March - but big cheers for all you across the pond that are having your first Mother's day with your new arrivals :dance:

Would like to thank you all for your support over the last few weeks - sadly I won't be joining you any longer as it seems we are experiencing another MMC :(

Feisty - So sorry to hear your news. :cry: I don't have any words of wisdom. A loss is shattering, no matter how early it happens. Sending you big :hug:.

:hi: Everyone!

Sorry, haven't been posting much lately. Been very busy with work! I need to go back and read up on all the posts properly. :dohh:

Amber - Sorry to hear of Grace's teething struggles, and ear infections. Hope things are better now, and you're both getting some sleep. :hugs:

Shell - Brilliant news on Freya STTN! I'm sure you're more than chuffed up about it.

Milos - Sorry to hear that you're done with breastfeeding, but 7 months is still amazing! And think about it this way...Callum will still be content with his feedings, and you won't have the pelvic pain anymore. I hear you on the bonding issue though...I'm sure you're going to miss it..it's only natural. But don't feel guilty...you've done a great job managing to BF for as long as you did!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Also, wanted to wish all the stateside ladies a Happy Belated Mother's Day! Hope you all had a great time with your little ones. :flower: I had a fabulous day with Coco & OH. They had some lovely surprises planned, which just made it all the more special. :cloud9:

In other news, I'm happy to say that we now have a routine established with things, i.e. juggling work, daycare, pumping, feeding, bedtime, etc. etc. :thumbup: I definitely feel like things are not as hectic now. I can't believe I've already been back at work for 3 weeks, and Coco has been at daycare for a month already! :shock: Where did time go??? Anyhow, all in all, things are coming along very well and I really can't complain. She was already STTN starting at 3 weeks (waking up only to eat). We got done swaddling her about a month ago, and about a week ago got done with the night feedings. :wohoo: OH & I are thinking about starting back up the talk about moving her into the crib in her room. The subject has come up before, but we keep pushing it back...separation anxiety issues me thinks. Wonder how it's going to turn out this time.

OHH feisty hun I am so sorry.....I really dont know what to say to you. That is just devestating news. You are in my thoughts. I am so sorry again.......XXX

Neffie glad that things have settled down and you are in a bit of a routine. XX

Feisty, I'm so very sorry to read this has happened- I don't know what to say, apart from I will be thinking of you and sending you lots of love and hugs xxxx

Oh Feisty, honey :cry: I am so so sorry.
I know that nothing I can say or do will help at all. But please know that you and your DH are in my thoughts and prayers:hugs:
Sleep tight precious angel :angel:
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"