Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

I agree, I think children should have experience of animals growing up. We always had dogs and I think I'm a better person for having grown up with them. They are such good fun to have. In fact, I got a dog instead of a sibling (my mum was advised not to have any more due to I'll health) so at the age of six I got Rupert, a West Highland White Terrier and he was my soulmate, we did everything together and I can honestly say I never missed not having a brother or sister. He died when I was 18 and left a sizeable gap in my life.
6 months later, we got Bonnie, another Westie-she was so gentle, the complete opposite of Rupert.
She died just before I left home at 28 (I know, a late developer eh!)

It took me 8 years to convince DH to let me have a dog but Milo was worth the wait :winkwink:

Sorry I could talk about my baby all day long :blush:

Can't wait to see your scan pic, can't believe you're nearly 12 weeks already :hugs:

Grey- just seen your little girlie!! Congratulations!!
New- welcome! This is a thread of wonderful support. X
Amber- wow your pregnancy is going so fast! Congrats on a great scan. E was like that at her scan, never still!!

Sorry it's been a while ladies, time keeps passing me by. I can't believe Emilia's first Christmas will soon be upon us! My treatment continues, nothing new to report with that. E is now walking! Only a few steps at a time at the moment but I know this phase will go so fast!

Ooh exciting! Has grey had her little girl? What to know more.... Congratulations grey xxx

Grey - just noticed your avatar photo - she is gorgeous congratulations xxx

Thanks Sparkle :hugs:

Congratulations Grey, Isabelle is gorgeous :cloud9:
Can't wait to hear all about her :hugs:

Congrats Grey, she is beautiful :)

Hope everyone is doing well.. Bryce will be 10 months tomorrow and its our anniversary tomorrow, 5 years.. wow time is flying..

My big news bryce has his first tooth through, and were ttc now.. :)

Wow, where did the last 4 weeks go? Busy busy busy!!

Amber - happy 12 weeks! congrats on the scan. hope your bloodwork comes back ok. hope your sickness tailes off soon. mine left at 13 weeks.

Grey - congratulations on the birth of Isabelle! she's beautiful. can't wait to hear all about it.

Kizzy - congrats on the new job!

Beth - so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you.

Sparkle - thinking of you during your treatment. Take care of yourself.

New - welcome to the group Hun. We are so happy to have you here. Hope to see a sticky bean for you in the new year.

Hi to everyone else!!

xx

:happydance:CONGRATULATIONS GREY AND WELCOME LITTLE ISABELLE!!!:happydance:

She is gorgeous hun, so very happy for you! Can't wait to hear your birth story!!

I promise to post properly to catch up with the rest of you shortly, I have been at a CLE Attorney course all day and am now at the office trying to cram 8 hours of work into 1!! :dohh:

Congratulations grey! Where is everyone seeing the pic??

Well done on your 12 week scan Amber glad all went well xxx

Hey all.. hope your all well.. just wanted to post and updated pic of bryce.. he is 10 months old today!!

Attachments

• 481427_543429515685936_936478696_n.jpg
    481427_543429515685936_936478696_n.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 0
Thanks ladies! :hugs: Still surreal, can't believe she's here, crazy! Here's my current birth story....

So on Monday I was at home and my waters broke while I had my leg up on a surface to reach to clip my toe nails - weird internal pop and gush!
Went to MLU to be assessed and while being checked internally more waters went and I was told I was 2cm - so the pains I'd had the night before were not from a uti it turned out I didn't have...but from early labour!
So that was around 4pm I got checked (waters went at 3pm) and because I'd mentioned yet another bout of reduced movement they let me stay in that suite while I waited for triage or day assessment unit to have a space, they said the wait would be around 2 hours.
During the wait the pains got stronger and I texted my husband to say he'd be starting his paternity leave. I hadn't got my hospital bag with me as I was expecting to get checked and then come back 2 days later for induction if it didn't start...oops!
So I decided to sit on the ball and rock, well, more water gushed! I only had on jeans and they were soaked...I peeled them off and when my husband arrived I was just in my maternity top, socks and shoes!
The pains steadily and quickly got worse and quicker - I went from 3-4 minutes apart to about a minute quite quickly. A midwife came to check me and said I was in labour and wouldn't be going home...they checked me around 8pm and I'd got to 4cm!
I was asking to go in the pool at this point, but they delayed me because of being monitored and I said I couldn't sit still for the 20 minutes, I needed to move...thankfully they understood - let me get in the pool and simply did a doppler every 15 minutes with me in the water, I got some g&a as well and although neither the water or gas took away the pain, it certainly helped. In between contractions I floated on my back and dozed, I was spaced out but not hallucinating thankfully, just enough that I could be somewhere else when I wasn't needing to focus. I spent the majority of the time with my eyes closed. I did ask for the epidural a few times, but once they said I'd have to get out the water I said forget it - the water was my home :)
At some point the pains got a fair bit worse and my body started convulsing in the water as it tried to push the baby out. I wasn't in control, but thankfully wasn't shouting or screaming, just grunting with the effort. They said I pushed for around 49 minutes. Felt like longer, but at least it was productive. I pushed on my back floating as it was the only position I was comfortable in, unfortunately it meant her head went around the bend a few times. I have heard of the "ring of fire" before, and thought it would hurt and sting - I had NO IDEA it would sting/hurt that much! It really really hurt, but the midwives kept me calm and talked me through it, she stayed there a moment and I did some small pushes, then my body took over and did a big push - I think that's when I tore :( Her head was out and I could see a tiny head with really dark hair - husband said after I did indeed 'look like a playing card'...the next push or two and she was out, into the hands of a student midwife and push straight onto my chest. We floated there for half an hour, her just staring at me and although there were 3 midwives there they just waited by the pool talking to us and they hadn't shouted PUSH or anything, just quiet encouragement, they were lovely :)
Then after around half an hour, my placenta still hadn't delivered and I allowed the cord to be cut, Daddy did it and had a cuddle while I tried to push out placenta. Over an hour after the birth and nothing, I don't think I had any push left. I'd been in active labour for 5ish hours and it was early morning...so tired!
They gave me the injection at the hour mark and nothing...they had to do a manual evacuation which hurt as much as delivering the baby! I think I made the same sounds, and I sucked a lot on g&a...then the midwife examined me and I'd got a 2nd degree tear :( I then needed numbing and stitching up...it was the weirdest thing, I could feel her stitching, but couldn't feel the pain, it felt like a corset being done up!
We then got taken to another room to sleep/recuperate (I was the only person giving birth that night, so we were spoilt!). I didn't get much sleep, I have an irrational fear of SIDS and even now days later constantly worry when she's not in our arms.
The next morning we had a nice breakfast and came home. We were back in hospital the next day though because the midwife thought she heard a heart murmur - thankfully no murmur but she did have low blood sugar because I hadn't been able to get anything into her :( This hasn't improved and she's still on mainly formula with whatever I can express, she gets too upset at the breast as she wants instant results...I'm going to a support group on Monday to try and get help.
She doesn't like sleeping at night it seems, but in the day is very happy - gotta work on that. Loving motherhood even though I haven't slept more than an hour at a time since Tuesday, but we're in love with our little rainbow miracle :D
Sorry it's so long - it's basically a positive birthing story, just a few surprises.

Thankyou for sharing your birth story with us. Your waterbirth sounds amazing. I would really love to have a water birth next time. You did so well to cope on just G+A. Hope your stitches heal quickly. And hope Isabelle starts eating and sleeping better soon. Take care Hun xx

Sounds wonderful grey, well done lovely!!! Hope the breast feeding gets better for you xx

WEll done Grey!! water birth sounds fab, Glad all went well x

Sparkle, I hope your treatment is going well and side effects are minimal and you can try enjoy xmas

Kizzy- Well done on the job!!!

Amber- Glad scan went well and i saw Graces pic on fb today with the tree she looks so grown up more like a toddler!

New- Dont feel alone, at one point or another each one of us has felt that way and weve all suffered a loss and can appreciate how u may feel, im wishing 2013 will be your year for your sticky bean xx

lil- Wow congrats on the ttc!! im so broody ha ha

Kizzy
You spoke about G's temper, Libby i terrible!! she smacks and shakes violently until she hits the floor banging her head! she does have a 9yr old and 5yr old to content with toys etc so learns from the best!! i dont give into her paddys and i point and say 'no libby thats not very nice' and leave her to paddy (unless she could hurt herself or the other kids) i dont remmeber either of the other 2 kids having a temper like she does!! im sure itll pass ha ha ha hopefully!!

Nothing much to say here, Hubby had snip all went well.....

Off to bed night ladies x

Attachments

• IMGP2300.jpg
    IMGP2300.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMGP2301.jpg
    IMGP2301.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 0
Thanks vix.. I hope not to be as broody if broody at all after we have our next, cuz it will be our last..

Grey wonderful birth story.. :)

Hey Ladies!!

Grey--what a beautiful birth story, even with the bumps in the road, it was so beautiful!! I am so glad that you got your water birth!! Sorry to hear about the tear and the issue with the placenta, I really hope that you are able to recover from those quickly. Also, I hope the BFing improves for you, getting a consultant is definitely beneficial, I got one after Grace and she was soooo helpful!! The sleep schedule will get better, I promise, Grace was the exact same way when we brought her home. I just tried to sleep when she did (which was hard, because you end up deciding between cleaning up or sleeping and there isnt time to do both!!) I am so very happy for you hun, your little lady is an absolute doll!! What a fabulous christmas this will be for you all!!! :hugs:

Lil--Happy 10 months to your little man and :happydance: on the TTC, I hope to see some more BFPs in the coming months to join me!!

Sparkle--Good Job E on the walking!! :thumbup: I just knew she was going to be an early one!! And you are right, it does go fast! She will be toddling across the room in no time!!

Vix--Libby sounds like Grace with her temper!! Grace has a tendancy to throw herself backwards and scream--which is fine, if you are in a soft area like a couch--no so fine over a hard floor!! She has clunked her head a couple of times, the little monkey!! DH and I have been talking about this baby being our last, so I am sure I will be broody (I have always personally wanted 3, but 2 is probably more realistic for us) at some point. We have not decided if it will be me or he though that gets tied/snipped!! Glad your DHs went well!

AFM:

Well, I had to go back for another first trimester ultrasound this morning. Apparently the doctor who reviewed last week's screen was not happy with the quality of the pictures, so I had to go back to confirm the measurements. Baby was again bouncing off the walls, little hands and feet flailing around and his/her little mouth was opening and closing constantly--quite a little chatterbox I have in there, lol! HB was great, 167 (last week was 156), and Nuchal measured 1.5 again, just like last week. So all is well there. The frustrating thing is that I had to do my bloodwork all over again for insurance reasons (they will only pay for it if it is done the same day as the scan), so I still have to wait on that. But I have a feeling all will be well! I also am really starting to feel like this may be a boy. She did a "potty shot" and you couldnt see anything (too early), but the sideways view shows a flatter skull and what I think is a nub pointing up at an angle. I promise I will get scans up here for your ladies' opinions!!

Have a great day all!! :hugs:

Oh and Lil and Vix--LOVE the pictures of your little ones, they are so beautiful!!!!

:hi: everyone..stopped by the old thread and Amber and New convinced me to swing in and visit..sounds like everyone is doing great.
it's great to see some wonderful familiar names :) I have missed my bnb buddies..it's been a long journey for me. It's been two years since joining bnb..no baby..but over that, that we have been ttc..with two m/c and loss of left ovary and tube along the way..
grey...such a wonderful birth story..sounded very peaceful...
amber ..great news on the scan

my update...took clomid 100mg this month after having been put on bcp for cyst..had two follicles this month..not really expecting a miracle at this point..have been focusin on running..i ran a 5k on dec 1st and am training for a 10k in jan. oh and have been in school..taking my last final exam tonight for this semester in statistics..yuk
i start the core courses for my bachelors degree in nursing.

only thing weird for me this cycle..and someone help me if you have taken clomid..trying to see what's in my head and what's clomid related..
bloat i know is clomid related..i feel like huge rotund pig..lol and nips soreness is post ovulatory from clomid..
only odd thing is i am 5dpo and..i triggered last tues..think i o'd on wed..so that's how i figured dpo..but today and all last night i have had the strongest af type cramps..i pray it's not af wanting to come this darn early..
I hope everyone is ready for Christmas..we are..just have to wrap presents..
anyway..i'll stop by more often..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"