Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Sparkle - I hope all goes well for you.
New - Conrats. Beautiful.
Lil - Updates?

As for me... some of you may remember I had my appointment with the geneticist Monday... Everything that my OB said could be a concern (the thyroid, the genetic mutation and one test that ended up being a false positive) was not actually a concern. The baby is healthy. I am healthy. There is absolutely NO cause for concern. He said to prepare for a full-term, healthy pregnancy :happydance::happydance::happydance: The only slight... curiosity (?) is that I had been told by my former OB, after my son was born, that I'd had a placental abruption. That's what the symptoms and signs all said. But, during the scan, my body shows no signs of that having happened. They now have no clue why my son was born pre-term. No clue. :shrug:

On top of that, they did a very extensive scan, doing all the measurements. The tech said that it was very early to tell, but asked if I want to know if she had an idea of gender. I said, sure, not expecting her to find out... but when she looked it was VERY clear that it's a...

GIRL! :cloud9:

Yay Nichole congrats.. :)

umm update nothing really.. taking it one day at a time.. still spotting.. somewhat its a orangey pinkey reddy color.. and sometimes it brown.. just keep praying for me ya all :) 13 days to my scan

Sparkle--:hugs:thinking of you hun, you have been in my thoughts and prayers these past months, you are going through a lot and I hope things continue to improve. Emilia is such a smart little lady for her age! I think it is great she is already using words in context, that is fabulous!! I can't believe C is starting school already, wow!! Where did the time go?

Nichole--:happydance:that is such WONDERFUL news on your scan, it has to be such a relief to hear that you are looking at a full term normal pregnany, with all you have been through!!! and congratulations on your little princess!! I'm very excited for you!!

Lil--posted in your journal, but know that I am keeping you and your little bean in my thoughts and prayers. :dust:

Hey there ladies, hope you are all doing well today, just popping in.

Ordered Hayleigh's crib and mattress today. I went with another DaVinci Crib, the DaVinci Porter in Espresso color. It looks a lot like Grace's crib, only it has a solid line down the middle instead of all slats (Grace has the DaVinci Kalani)--I figured that I would need to at least have SOME difference between the two!!! I got the same matress as Grace has, a 2-sided one (infant side and toddler side) as well as her crib skirt and a breathable baby bumper. I plan on using the same sheet sets that Grace has since people bought me more sheets than I could ever use with her, haha!

Also finally made my big decision with regard to getting my tubes tied. I have decided NOT to do it. Had a long talk with DH and, even though we don't forsee adding another bubs after Hayleigh, we agreed that we could never say never and who is to say that 3 years or so down the road we won't want another? So he told me he didnt think I should do it, so that is that! I am a bit relieved to have that major decision off my mind (it has been stressing me out for the past few months!)

Finally, going to a consignment sale tomorrow night. Hoping to find some toddler clothes on the cheap for Grace and a couple warm-weather 0-3 month onesies, etc. for Hayleigh since most of Grace's early clothes are for fall/winter weather. I'm going to the early admission for it, it costs $10, but I feel it will be worth it if I can find some great deals!!!:thumbup:

:hi: all will catch up when I get more of moment to breathe....been working last four days some 16 hour shifts, transitioning into my new job.
start first day of orientation on the floor at my new job tonight..my next day off isn't until tues..i'm exhausted.

Aww :hugs: Love hope you get a chance to rest soon.. :)

How is everyone doing.. :)

Can't complain here. I swear I felt LO roll over last night. I've got an appointment to get results on Tuesday to see if I have precancerous cervical cells or not... I'm just hoping for the best and trying not to think of it. That'll be my last (hopefully) worrisome wait. Everything else should go smoothly from here on out (fx'd, knock on wood etc...)

That's great Nichole..

I have 9 days to my scan!

Aww :hugs: Love hope you get a chance to rest soon.. :)

How is everyone doing.. :)

Updated above back on thursday. :flower: Consignment sale went well for finding stuff for Grace. Not so well for Hayleigh. Stuff was sooo picked over by the first day already, especially the newborn stuff. Crib and mattress get delivered this week! And, of course, still relieved about that other big decision we finally made, will be letting the doctor know at my next appointment in 2 wks! :thumbup:

Lil--just over a week to your scan, very excited for you getting to see your little bean (or is it beans? :winkwink:)

Nichole--I think feeling our little ones move inside of us, especially for the first time, is such an amazing experience! Everytime I feel Hayleigh move, I just smile and start talking to her (pretty sure my secretary, who sits outside my door, thinks I spend the day talking to myself, rofl) I hope your appointment tomorrow gives you great news, that will certainly be a load off your shoulders!

Love--Hope your orientation went well last night! So excited for you with you new job!! Make sure you get lots of rest on Tues!! 16 hour shifts, especially in your line of work, has to be so exhausting!!

:cloud9:

Attachments

• Scan0001.jpg
    Scan0001.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Scan0002.jpg
    Scan0002.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Gender.jpg
    Gender.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 3
beautiful pictures hun! Love the shot of her little feet! Just adorable! :flower:

Aww soo cute Nichole congrats on pink :)

AFM spotting has tapered off a lot.. one episode of it yesterday and nothing yet today.. fxed... symptoms are starting more.. so fxed in 6 days I see my little bean

Lil--glad the spotting is going down! Not much longer until your scan! I am excited for you!!

Hope everyone else is doing well, has gotten quiet in here again recently!

My big news is that I am 30 weeks today! Yay! :happydance: Next Dr's appt is set for next Wednesday and I will probably have my next growth scan a week after that. Hopefully my little lady has evened out weight-wise a bit!

Yay happy 30 weeks.. crazy how fast that has gone lol..

Im super excited 4 days left

30 weeks..dang..can't believe it...its seems like it's moving so fast.

So...I discovered last night why I've been getting so nauseous lately. It happened 2 nights in a row, just as we're laying down for the night. Off and on all day yesterday, she kept pushing out on my stomach, to the point where there was a noticeable bump. When we went to bed, I put my hand on my stomach where it was becoming uncomfortable and rolled onto my side. As I was laying there I felt Ms. Adalynn move. I told OH that I felt her move and he asked "on the inside?" (I had been warning him that he wouldn't feel her as soon as I would). I thought about it, and while, yes, I did feel her "on the inside" I realized that I also felt her with my hand. I told him, knowing he would try to feel her too and expecting her to stop before he could, but we tried. I had him put his hand exactly where mine had been. We didn't move, didn't speak, and felt like we were both holding our breath...then he said "It's like a flutter" and I knew he felt her too. We got to feel her moving!!! I'm amazed.

Nicole--aww, so wonderful that you and DH both got to feel her move, that is such a special moment!! And so early too for him to be able to feel her! That is just fabulous!!:flower:

Lil--you are in my thoughts this week with your scan coming up! :hugs:

Hope all of you other ladies are doing well!

Our little Grace turned 1 1/2 yesterday, so we decided to take her to the Zoo to celebrate. I was a bit worried she may still be too young to appreciate all of the animals, but I was wrong! She LOVED it!! She was pointing out all of the animals and trying to pet the ones that would come close enough to the glass (including the fish!). We also took her to the children's petting zoo area where she got to pet a goat and a sheep. She had the time of her life, I am so glad that we went (even though today my legs and hips are killing me! lol). Got a lot of precious pictures of her pointing at the animals.

Pregnancywise--got my next appointment on Wednesday. I think my appointments are now bi-weekly after this and I start NSTs in a couple weeks too. May also get another script for my next Ultrasound which I think is due here in a week or so, so get another peek at Hayleigh!! She is still quite active, kicking my bladder and bouncing off of my stomach (hello reflux!)
Got out Grace's newborn and 0-3 month clothes to wash on Saturday, gosh, I can't believe how TINY she once was!!! DH is going to be putting up the crib this coming weekend, I'm excited!!!

That's awesome Amber.. so much fun starting soon.. :) Happy 18 months to little grace.. time goes too fast.. :)

Thank you.. im nervous and excited.

Just stopped in to say hi. Amber it's funny I was just thinking I should take Alia to the zoo bebe LOVES animales. She points to all the "farm" animls and already knows them by name. Dog, kitty, fishy, pig, horse, cow, bird, goat, sheep, and a few others... Crab... Thought she would think the zoo is fab!! I will have to do this soon after reading how grace loved it!!

We just got home from our jamaican vaca late last week. It was great! Alia loved the beach! So nice to have some family time. Daddy is back to work now and Alia calls for him it's nice to hear.

Afm pregnancy going well. But waking up every morning w a killer headache!? I don't like to take anything but if I don't have tylonal it's hard to run after Alia... Just seems weird. Anyone else get this?

On another note round 2 of iui for my sis this week. I really hope this one takes!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->