Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

:hug: Amber good luck for your trip to the docs xxx

Grand - glad you survived your first day on the new job - what is the new job? Hope you are enjoying it xxx

Kizzy - your scan is sooo close - good luck for Wed xxx

AFM - booking appointment with the midwife on Wed morning so just have to make it through one more day at work first! Feeling ok boobs still achey, some stretchy type pains in my belly this week and I have to undo the button on my jeans when I sit down or drive but I suspect thats just my fat tummy and nothing to do with bubs!!!

Well, I'm back. DH was able to go with me, which is good. Gyn examined me and said that my cervix was "high, tight and closed", which she says is a good thing, and no evidence of any active bleeding or leakage. She also told me that the placenta often starts to form around this time and embed in the uterus a little deeper, so it could be from that.

She ordered an u/s, which I will be getting tomorrow morning (they could not fit me in today). She also ordered HCG bloodwork which I have to get Thursday and then Saturday (to make sure my levels are good and increasing).

She couldn't give me 100% reassurance, and you could tell she really felt bad about that, but she said that the fact that we already have an u/s with a healthy heartbeat is a good sign and the fact that my cervix looks as it should is also another good sign. She said the u/s will definately give us more definitive answers.

So, going to try and relax and not worry about things and hopefully we see Baby L growing away tomorrow morning!

Glad youre appointment went well Amber! Makes perfect sense about the placenta. I'm sure that tomorrow we'll see a pic of Baby L looking beautiful and growing perfectly!

great news Amber, I hope that has been of some reassurance for you honey xx

milos, mine was defo like that, now its more of a football! hehe!

24 hour countdown ladies, how on earth am I going to get through the day!! I have ZERO interest in work!! :)

Morning ladies,

Great news Amber!
Kizzy not long now!!

So I lifted a really heavy heater last nite do you think I could have done any damage. My OH wasn't here and really needed to move it! I now I am regretting it and worried! Do you think I would know if I did any damage?

xx
:dust::dust::dust::dust:

Amber - sounding very positive, great news!

Grand - Fabulous news on job and scan! Not so great about the sickness, i hope you have recovered and are feeling better.

bella - try not to worry im sure you've not done any damage, try and relax.

Kizzy - aaaahhhhh im so wishing the day away too! Good luck for tomorrow. I am looking forward to seeing your pics.

Hello and hope you are well to everyone else!

AFM - 12 week dating scan tomorrow! So excited/scared/happy/worried.......
Will update tomorrow, praying baby is growing safe and well still.

good luck Pixie xxx

Bellas I am sure you're fine, do you have any pains or anything? Try not to worry, the stress wont help honey xx

Thanks Kizzy, I don't have pains just worrying, that is all I seem to do!
xx

I know what you mean Bella about the worrying - grrrr I wish we could stop!

Two scans tomorrow then - how exciting - and one is 12 weeks - wow - we're really getting there!?!

I seem to have gone into shut down - can't do anything much but eat! Just had a happy wlak around the garden and saw some spring flowers which was nice. Also the tree we have in memory of my first lost baby Soloman has gone on from teardrop buds to happy little yellow flowers - so I'm hoping he's happy for us. Just missed a midwife appt by 2 hours - was sure it was at 12 - durrr! So now have to go on thursday after my next scan

Kizzy/Pixie--good luck with your scans tomorrow ladies, so excited for you that you get to see your happy, bouncing babes!:dust:

bellas--if you didn't feel any pain or cramping after lifting, you should be fine! but please be careful going forward hun with heavy things! while the babe is almost always fine, you don't want to hurt yourself!

Chilli--Soloman's tree sounds so beautiful, I just know he is looking down on you and is so happy!

AFM: Scan is in 2 hours and I am VERY nervous. Been praying like crazy (as that is about all I can do!). I really hope Baby L is ok and that all of my worrying has been just that, worrying.

Good luck at your scan today Amber, thinking of you!

Ladies--DH, Baby L and I thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers! I have good news! The U/S revealed a very healthy Baby L, measuring perfectly at 7 wks, 6 days and with strong hb of 158! The tech was also able to locate, after a bit of searching, a small subchorionic hemorrhage right near my placenta, which is likely the source of my spotting.

She could not tell me much more about it (techs are only allowed to say so much), but I have done my research on it and it is exactly what the gyn suspected yesterday when I went for my appointment. It is likely my placenta burrowing in and causing a slight disturbance in the uterus. There was no damage/bleeding showing anywhere in the sac or around the baby.

The hemmorrhage is small, so should heal on its own. If not, I have to go back to the doctors.

I am so relieved, words cannot describe.

She did give me a couple pictures, but they are fuzzy as she was able to get all this info just from the external u/s and did not even need to do an internal. (My internal ones from 6.1 wks are much more clear.)

Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers, I can now actually relax a bit today!

fantastic news!! well done baby L!! xx

Excellent news Amber, so your edd is the 26th, mine has changed to 24th.
xx
:dust::dust::dust::dust:

Amber... brill news with you scan....

Kizzy and pixie good luck for you scan 2moz!

Rgn- Really glad to see you popping bk! Glad at least you now have a answer to why what happened did and now somthing can be done to prevent it!

Shellney- like i said in the private msg, im sooooo please for your scan result!!

Well ive reached 11 weeks now....roll on another 2 weeks and i will be able to breathe more easily!

Sickness has all gone!!! yay!!!
Ended up buying some maternity clothes from next the other day.... as no trousers fit me but my bump isnt anyway near big enought to keep maternity pants up lol so for a few more weeks ill just struggle on with a bobble keeping my pants up!!
other than tirdness and wee'ing allllllll the time all my symptoms have almost gone!!

Ive also bought a angelsound doppler.... and i can recomend it!!
I got it from ebay for £23 it comes with leads n discs fro recording and the gel included!! it says from week 12+ but as ive already been messing with the doppler at work i know i can pick baby hb up, and even with the angelsounds i can hear it straight away!!

as i work in the hospital i have use of a bladder scanner..... and yes ladies i decided to DIY a scan!!! my baby looks like a teddy bear with arms and legs and a flashing hb, he was moving his hand and feet! awww i cried! but then relised i shouldnt do it again as if i hadnt seen a hb id have been very worried and id have had trouble explaining that to epau!!
Tried uplaoding the scan pic i did but it wont let me i have no idea why :-(
Hope you all well xx

Good luck Pixie P and KizzyT tomorrow!!! Happy almost scan day for you both!

Amber - Oh my gosh what a relief! I'm so happy for your Baby L - :happydance:

Chilli - What a sweet remembrance for your baby...the flowering tree is so hopeful.

Bellas - Hope you're feeling better :hugs:

AFM: Job still going well...so far...I now have "evening sickness" - oh the joy! But the good thing is I only work mornings so I feel great then.

PS. I'm trying to keep up with changes...I promise to update a bit tomorrow on the front page. X

Vixmar - Guess we wrote at the same time ;). Glad things are going well love with you and your wee teddy bear...how cute! Happy 11 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->