Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Phew Amber - I'm so pleased for you - strange that you had an almost identical experience to my when I was about the same term as you - I'm hoping it's a good sign for us both and we have forceful babies who are burrowing their way in for the full 6-7 months more!

Good luck to girls with scans tomorrow - back with more good news I'm sure!

Glad your job is going well Grand, what are you doing?

Anbody else not feeling quite so exhausted all the time now? I'm hoping it's because I've crossed the 10 weeks

Chilli - It's a PA job in a yachting company...it's not my training/background but it keeps me busy and I need to make some money for little blue and I've worked on private yachts in my life so I'm familiar with how the business works - plus I get to speak French and English which I love. It's only part-time for the moment so I'm hoping to take on some private English lessons in the afternoon when I'm more settled with my job. I actually have another interview with an English teaching company on Thursday.

Bellas--Even though the due dates have changed, I still consider you and Shell bump buddies! :friends:

Vixmar--Happy 11wks hun! That is so wonderful!! And so exciting that you can sneak in peaks at your lo!! I know if I had access to the equipment, I wouldn't be able to resist either!!

Grand--so glad to hear the job is going well hun! I hope you are able to get the english teaching job as well! I hope you are feeling better from your food poisoning!! Also, my m/s hits me more in the evenings as well. I have found that lying on my side with feet propped up with pillows helps a ton!

Chilli--I agree, we have some strong babies at work in there! (As a side--My DH has already started calling the baby "Evgeni" for his favorite Penguins Hockey Player--I'm still sticking with Baby L! haha) As for tiredness, I'm still exhausted at the end of the day, but not so much during the day anymore. I was crashing a lot around mid-day for a couple of weeks. They say as we near the end of the first trimester, we start to get some energy back!

Thinking of you ladies who are scanning tomorrow!!

Thank you all again so much for your loving support these past few days, it meant SO MUCH to me!! :friends:

:dust::dust::dust: to all!

Oh, I almost forgot! Something happened at the U/S that I wanted to share. After the tech had taken the pictures of the screen she needed to, she went back to the one that she was going to give us as a photo and announced "There's your Peanut!" I almost died! At first I was like, "no, I lost my peanut last year!" but then I thought, maybe this was little Peanut giving his blessing for Baby L and watching over his little sibling. Anyways, it gave me the chills but afterwards, I realized that it also felt really, really...right.

It makes me feel better about this pregnancy in any event!!

I don't know, maybe I'm just being a kooky crazy preggo lady! :wacko:

Oh Amber - I think that's lovely - made me cry! Hormones!!!

Kizzy/Pixie--thinking of you ladies today, hope all goes well with your scans!!

:hugs: and :dust:

Amber - brilliant news on the scan and I think it is lovely that your tech was talking about 'peanut' definately a good sign I think x

grand - sounds like a really interesting job hope your other interview goes well x

Pixie and Kizzy - hope everything goes well today x

Bellas - try not to worry I have been lifting lots of heavy stuff at work cause I keep forgetting I shouldn't but I will try to dodge the lifting when I can!

Vix - I don't blame you for self scanning - I scanned one of my friends when she was pregnant which was just amazing and I am so tempted to scan myself too but I think that would give the game away to my work colleagues! Trying to keep the news to myself til 12 weeks and then tell family first, only my hubby and boss know that I am pregnant so a few more weeks of secrecy to go!

AFM - booking appointment with the midwife was today which went fine - soooo may questions to answer and a huge bundle of notes and booklets to read through. Had a bit of a worry when she said I might have to be high risk due to previous ectopic but she rang the maternity ward at the hospital and they said they forget about the ectopic and now this pregnancy is in utero they class it as a normal low risk pregnancy! Pheww - which means I can book in to deliver at our local midwife led unit which I am pleased about. My only concern was that the midwife unit did not have a birthing pool but when I asked the midwife about it she did a little excited dance and announced that they are in the process of having one put in and it should be in use in a few weeks time so I should be allowed to use it in October (as long as no one else is in it!!!) She seemed really keen on the idea of waterbirth and wrote it all over my notes! I am just so pleased and excited about it now that I get the midwife led unit plus water!
Also she booked my scan for 11th April when I will be 12 weeks so now another 3 week wait xxx

Amber - I love stories like that...I think it is very meaningful.

Pixie and Kizzy - hope all is going well :flower:

Milos - Updated your scan date love. I'm so happy you may get the waterbirth you want!!! How exciting! I would love one but I doubt France is that progressive...I will try to see what my doctor says...he already knows I'm anti-meds and intervention. I think when I get through 1st tri, I'll talk to him more about my "birth plan"

AFM: I told my new job (just the big head honcho) and he said Congratulations! They still want me and it's not a problem...:happydance: Glad that step is over with at least.

Question: Has anyone switched from morning sickness/all day sickness to now only evening sickness. I now am fairly good in the mornings and afternoons but the evenings are horrible..."throwing up" but nothing coming...just dry heaving...and can't eat dinner. Just wondering if anyone's M/S has changed behavior as well.

Hi ladies,

Well, I had the best morning of my life today!!! I have been really excited and confident this last few days but when we got to the hospital car park I started to cry and couldnt stop!! Even when we went into the scan room and she asked me to lie down I thought "I cant do it, I dont want to see in case its bad" but she was lovely and straight away showed me tinker and then his/her h/b!! AMAZING!! It was so overwhelming I completely stopped crying and just stared in wonder at the screen. We saw the brain, heart, kidneys, spine, the lot! its just amazing, my NF reading was low 1.99 and all other tests look great for no abnormality. Bubs kept jumping as if she had hiccups, so cute and funny but it took them ages to measure and eventually said she was 7.9cm and I am 13 weeks 5 days which is 8 days further than I thought!! woohoo!! so my new due date is 16th September and we'll have the next scan in about 6 weeks!! So so so happy!!

Lovely news Kizzy!!!! Chuffed for you...I love bouncing babies! Everyone's due dates are changing...going to have to change a bunch...just goes to show you this pregnancy stuff is not an exact science.

I tried to update as much as possible from reading back and your messages - if you see any wrong or missing dates for yourselves both EDD and Scan dates feel free to let me know. I hope I got most of it right.

Fantastic news Kizzy!!! Glad all went well and being put forward is an even extra bonus!

Was also an amazing day for us! :happydance:

Baby measuring exactly to our dates and wriggling around lots. Was so emotional and i loved every minute. Everything appears to look perfect so far! :cloud9:
Did not get and boy/girl vibes from the scan and as we are staying team yellow i'm kind of glad!

Will try and post some pics up later

Pixie - Awesome news for you too! So happy for you and your little wriggly one! I think it's still too early to see major boy/girl bits...will you find out later on??? I definitely want to know so I'll find out on the 20 week scan for sure.

Well done Pixie P, glad yours went well too!!

My OH still thinks boy as does my mum and one friend I sent the pic to. I still feel it's a girl, will put the pic on tomorrow :)

Ah its so tempting, i desperately want to know the sex but we will be waiting until the birth like we did with our little boy.
Im so happy today! It finally feels real. And i guess we will start telling people soon, how exciting!
Tomorrow i will ring and book my 16 week appointment with the midwife so ive got my next app to work towards!

Hope everybody is well x

Congratulations Kizzy and Pixie - what a wonderful day for everyone! Can't wait to see some scan piccies x

Grand - I am excited about possible waterbirth but know there is a long way to go yet AND I have to persuade DH that it is a good idea too!

Arg! My internet was down at work pretty much all day...don't the big wigs have any idea that I was waiting on important news from my ladies?! I was going nuts!!

Kizzy/Pixie---:happydance: so over the moon that you guys got to see your happy, healthy babes today!! Wonderful news!! It does indeed make it more real, especially when you get to see them bouncing around and exploring their little homes for the next several months!

Milos--that is great about getting your waterbirth! I may sound a bit naieve here, but is a waterbirth where you give birth naturally in a pool of water? Is it usually just done with a midwife or do they have doctors? I have to admit, I haven't even begun to think about the type of birth we will have, I honestly forgot we ladies had options these days above and beyond the old hospital bed!! Oh--also just noticed, we are April Scan buddies! My 1st Trimester Screening Scan is 4/11!! And so is Mums! Big day for us!

Grand--so glad to hear that your boss is supportive of your pregnancy, that is really important and definitely should ease your mind a bit and make work less stressful for you!! As for the m/s--my m/s has changed up by the week. I've gone from sporadic bouts of nausea, to all day nausea, to afternoon nausea. Now it is afternoon/evening nausea. My mornings are usually fine. I dont throw up or heave, but I think it defintely changes on us!!

P.S. Grand--When you get a chance (no rush!) can you add my most recent scan to the list? "March 15, 2011--7+6 with healthy heartbeat, small SCH noted"?

P.P.S.
I just realized I am 8 wks today, yay! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"