Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Vixmar - great news on your scan. And yes I can defo feel some movement in last couple of weeks - just the odd flutter in lower right side. LOVE IT!!!!!

Dreams - I've had some really wierd and pretty horrible ones - it is one of the symptoms of pg so even when they feel horrible try not to worry.

Angela - you'll be here too soon

Vixmar--What a lovely scan pic!! As for baby moving, they say ladies who have had children already have a very good chance of feeling their babes starting as you near the end of the first trimester, so I bet you absolutely DID feel your babe!!!

I hope all of you ladies are having a wonderful day!

AFM: I'm currently trying to figure out how I can be hungry and sick to my stomach at the same time...

13 more days till the scan,positive thoughts beginning to waiver, any powerful mantras for me, such a horrible wait!

AFM: I'm currently trying to figure out how I can be hungry and sick to my stomach at the same time...

Amber - I get you there! Starving and sick all at the same time - such fun! Even more annoyingly much as I know I should eat healthy food I now only want to eat junk! Having to make myself eat fruit and veg!

Vix - congratulations on your scan your piccie is lovely and I am so excited for you that you felt the baby move xxx

Angela - hope the next 13 days fly past for you honey x

Amberyll Funny you should talk about alot of you having sex dreams... I had one of these last night :haha:

:hi:.ladies..I know I haven't graduated to this link yet but I miss hearing how you all are doing so wanted to pop in and say hello and hope all is going well:flower:

Good morning ladies!

Imp--glad to hear you are having sex dreams too! They are so much better than the dreams of our fears/worries! :hugs:

Love--hey hun, thanks for stopping by! I can't wait for you to join us and I just know you will be here soon!!! I'm keeping your seat warm!!!

Milos--so glad I am not alone! It is driving me nuts! I am actually craving fresh fruit right now. I also find that whole fruit icepops help ease my stomach a bit at night. Too much sugar makes me sick, so I have to hunt down anything that is all fruit or as much all fruit as I can find. So I have been eating lots of berries, bananas (poor DH is allergic!), apples, etc. And fruit smoothies are great for drinking! I just can't wait until I can eat normal meals again! Every week it seems to be 1 food group I can stomach and the rest makes me ill! Arg!

AFM==9 wks today! :happydance: Excited because I am now officially past the date where I m/c my little Peanut back in September, so I feel a bit more hopeful and positive. I know I am by no means out of the woods (do we ever feel out of the woods?) yet, but I feel much more relaxed!

Hope you ladies are having a great day!!

Hello everyone! Glad to see everybody is doing ok and wonderful news on the recent scans! Have been working lots so must go back and have a good catch up.

I dreamt last night that we had another gorgeous boy! A 9LB baby boy! Have a long wait to see if it was right tho!

Just stopping by to say hello...

Shell- so sorry youve been so ill. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

All these scans look so beautiful, congratulations ladies
xx

Hi Sparkle - how are you feeling?

Happy 9 weeks Amber - you can relax a bit now!

Pixie - 9lbs!!!??? That would make your eyes water!

Sexy dreams - mmm defo better than scary ones - I've just had lots of weird dreams about random people (not sexy!!)

Last night I started feeling really sick again, couldn't sleep at all, which has continued all day today - yuk! Of course now it's got me worrying about scan tomorrow - worrying on wednesdays standard in my house these days! Anyway going to eat something yummy see if that helps!

Morning ladies, just checking in, how's everyone doing? Chilli, good luck for your scan hun xx

I am good, seem to be growing by the day, 15 weeks tomorrow, the time is starting to pass quicker now!! Waiting for my second scan date when we can find out what we're having but in between I have my midwife check in less than two weeks where I think you get to hear the heartbeat again which is exciting!!

Loving the sunshine in London, makes me want to go on mat leave now! haha! xx

I can't wait till I'll be able to hear the heart beat, or movement, anything. My mother has a farm and lots of baby lambs, she has a stethoscope just incase, I'll be using that! lol

Hi Ladies :hi:

im so sorry for being such a cr*p friend lately. i shouldve been on here supporting you through all of your journeys, instead of wallowing in self pity :nope:
but now im back, and i promise im here to stay!
hope you are all doing well, and your beans are all growing nicely. good luck to those who have scans and appointments coming up. cant wait to hear how you all get on :friends:

AFM: the shingles have more or less disappeared. still feeling a bit worn out from it all, but getting stronger everyday. finally got my blood results back this morning, and im immune to slap cheek syndrome (parvovirus). woohoo! thats means there is no risk to Bo. shouldve had my first midwives appointment today, but moved it to next thursday, as still not feeling 100% today. Little Bo will be 9 weeks tomorrow! i cant quite believe we've made it this far....2nd tri seems in sight!
xx

Hi everyone. Just a quick question .... I love peanut butter, and I'm not a big meat eater so it's a source of proteen for me. But a friend of mine didn't think I should be eating it during pregnancy. Any input?

Shell-- Good to hear from you hun and SO GLAD to hear about your blood results, that is wonderful!! :happydance: Also glad to hear that you are recovering well from the shingles. I hope you are 100% soon!!

Kizzy--wow! 15 weeks already!! Time is indeed moving fast!! Can't believe you will soon know what you are having, do you have any guesses so far? Oh, and send some of that beautiful weather across the pond, we are actually getting SNOW today, bleh!

Chilli--thinking of you hun! hope today goes well!!

AFM: not much to report, same all day nausea, worse at night, sore boobs! I'm finding myself snacking constantly to help the nausea, so I'm pretty sure I've gained back the pounds I lost a few weeks ago and then some!! DH told me he had a dream Tuesday night that we went for our 20 wk u/s and were told we were having a boy! I've been having a feeling that I am carrying a boy, but it is my first, so I could be TOTALLY wrong, haha! I just thought it was so cute that he is actually dreaming about Baby L--it means he thinks about the baby!!

IMP--here is what I found on Peanut Butter:

Expert Answers

Matthew Beshara, ob-gyn
Yes, it is safe. There are foods that women should definitely avoid, such as high-mercury fish, raw fish, and deli meats. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has made these recommendations. But neither the FDA nor the medical literature indicates that peanut butter is unsafe to eat during pregnancy. There isn’t any proven risk of passing along an allergy to the baby.

Marcie Treadwell, ob-gyn

Most women who eat peanuts or peanut butter during pregnancy will have children without allergies, but this exposure does seem to increase the risk.There is a suggestion in the medical literature that women who eat peanuts one or more times a week during pregnancy or who have more exposure to peanuts during their third trimester of pregnancy may be more likely to have children with peanut allergies. A family history of allergies increases this risk.

I recommend limiting peanut intake in the third trimester and while breastfeeding, especially if you have a family history of allergies. This won’t necessarily protect your child from developing an allergy, but it’s a good precautionary measure.

Janice Aubey, ob-gyn

Peanut butter is great source of protein. If you don’t personally have a peanut allergy, I don’t think you should be concerned that your child will develop an allergy if you eat peanut butter while you’re pregnant. And even if you or one of your immediate family members has a peanut allergy, it doesn’t mean that your child will definitely be allergic.

Children only inherit a “tendency” to be allergic. There's no real evidence that being exposed to peanuts or peanut butter in the womb will increase a child’s risk of having a peanut allergy. However, if you do have a strong family history of peanut allergy, you may want to be more cautious about when you first introduce peanut butter to your child. (Of course, if the family history is that strong, you probably won’t be serving peanut butter in your home.) Always talk to your child’s doctor before introducing new foods during the early years.

Arg--just got a call from the MD's office, I failed my 1 hour glucose test. Now I have to go back for a 3 hour test (which means I have to fast and then get blood drawn 1x each hour for 3 hours). I'm really hoping I pass the second!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->