Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

HI everyone!

My appt today was just to meet with the midwife to see if this is the route I want to take or not. I'll have to book another one within the week to officially become a patient of theirs. I'm really torn on making a decision, I almost wish we didn't have the option as it would make things easer. I really like the personal care of the midwife, and I don't think there are really any reasons I'm holding back... I just cant seem to decide! DR?? Or Midwife??

Hey there everyone! :hi:

Welcome to the Gang Morticia! :friends:

Grand - good to hear from you. Looking forward to seeing the pics of you dressed as a sailor! Hope you have fun! Good luck for your big move next week. And your daily swims in the sea sound lovely.

Neffie - glad your 1st hcg was normal, im sure your next level will be great too. Im sure Coco is doing well in there. A 10lb vaginal delivery? oh, your poor poor friend! Im dreading Little Bo being a big baby...ouch!

Amber - not long now til you find out if your gender dreams come true. exciting stuff!

Imp - I know its totally your decision, but if you're looking for advice, I would go for the Midwife. More chance of you having a natural, low risk birth (in my opinion) as I believe sometimes Doctors are abit reliant on medicine and intervention (IYSWIM?). Good luck with your decision.

AFM: I know I mentioned last week that I was feeling "flutterings". Well last night, I felt a full-on kick! I was just chilling out on the sofa, with my laptop on my lap (on BnB of course) when I felt it! It was so strange! I told my OH, and he went to fetch my doppler. But we couldnt hear the heartbeat, because the noise of Bo moving around was so loud! Then I felt a real freaky sensation - Bo was somersaulting! It was amazing (but very very weird). I wonder if I will feel it again tonight?

Hope you all have a great weekend
xx

Shell... IYSWIM? What? Sorry...

I really appreciate the advice... I am deffinitly looking for it! Thanks

Sorry...it stands for If You See What I Mean. I learned it on BnB :blush:
I didnt wanna force my opinions on you. Just thought I would tell you my view.
I understand people wanting a Doctor (in case anything went wrong, etc) But for normal low-risk stuff, midwives are great!
xx

Imp - Midwife all the way if I were you - I wish we had the choice...always greener on the other side isn't it :winkwink: - I agree with Shell...for a low risk pregnancy midwives are more women friendly generally and less quick to jump to medical interventions that may be unnecessary. Our bodies are meant to give birth and they should be able to do it with little intervention...we just need to trust ourselves and I feel like midwives are more likely to instill that confidence than doctors.

In a major emergency anyways you would always be transferred to a hospital so seeing as you don't have any major risks...midwives sound perfect! My sister had a midwife birthing center but since she gave birth just before 36 weeks it was considered a "risk" and she was transferred to the hospital but the midwife came and supported her and kept to her plan of a "natural" as could be birth even in a hospital setting...both babe and mum were fine the whole way and the doctors intervened as little as possible since the midwife kept them out of the room if she could :winkwink:

Happy 20 weeks for tomorrow, Grand!
Half way there already! wow!
xx

Thanks Shell - I know it's crazy!...after 1st tri it seems time just speeded up...those 1st 12 weeks were like molasses thought, don't you think?

Neffie - HCG in normal range is GOOD! I didn't even get HCG testing...I'm sure everything is totally fine but it is nerveracking to wait for results. Holy Moly 10 pounds naturally...I'm hoping for a 6-7 lber if possible...anything bigger scares me at the moment being a newbie at this whole birthing thing.

Amber - Team blue perhaps...our 1st wee boy on the thread...time will tell...I agree with you boy or girl healthy and happy and full-term is just fine with me.

Shell - Kicking...I'm jealous...I've just been feeling like flips and such...maybe my placenta's in the way and I do have that finicky tilted uterus. That's amazing for you and your OH to feel it.

IMP--I went into my pregnancy not having a preference as to a midwife vs. md, but in the end, given all my issues with blood pressure, the GD, a possible pre-term birth and a possible previa, that has kinda been taken out of my hands. I'm going to have not one, but two doctors at my delivery, possibly 3 (will there be room for me, baby and DH i wonder? haha). IF I still had options, I would have looked into both options completely, met with the midwife of my gyn group (they actually have a midwife on site at this practice, which I think is great!), and decided from there. Even though I won't have that opportunity, I feel that I am in really good hands, Magee Women's Hospital in Pittsburgh is one of the best in the U.S., so I feel good about having to go with a hospital/md birth.

shell-- I too am jealous! I'm still waiting for my first flutter! I have the same suspicions as Grand--I think I may have a placenta blocking Baby L from communicating with me! harumph! I think it is so awesome that you are feeling little Bo, and now your DH can share as well! I can't wait for my DH to be able to feel Baby L also, I think it is a great bonding moment for daddies to be!

Grand--If I don't make it online tomorrow, Happy 20 weeks hun! Time does indeed seem to start flying after 12 weeks, I agree!

Thanks everyone I really appreciate your advice and opinions. Based on all you guys and the people around me I am still leaning towards midwife. Everyone who knows anything about them seem to be reccommending them. I just have to talk w my dh and then I'll finalize my decision and book an official visit. I just wish it wasn't such a hard decision. Lol. But I think I'll feel better once it's made.

I agree with you there, Grand. The 1st 12 weeks were horrible. Worrying about m/c, exhausted, nauseas...but most of all, they dragged! But since then, life has been great! Less worry, more energy, no nausea...and the time is flying by!
We will all be meeting our rainbow babies before we know it! :happydance:

Grand/Amber - dont worry, Im sure you will feel your babies soon. Its still early days, and an anterior placenta will not help at all. My OH cant feel it yet, just hear it on the doppler, so im looking forward to him getting a good kicking from his son/daughter. Let me know as soon as you start to feel Little Blue/Baby L

Imp - you take all the time you need Hun. Its a big decision to make. We will support you whatever you choose

xx

Oh yeah, and I know Ive been promising you all bump pics for ages, but keep forgetting (damn baby brain!) So here they are....

Attachments

• DSCF0034.jpg
    DSCF0034.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF0036.jpg
    DSCF0036.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 7
Nice bump! Shell...those jeans look very comfy...I haven't bought maternity wear yet...I actually haven't seen any places that sell it...I mean French ladies get pregnant, right? I've been sticking to dresses that fit the bump for the moment...it's getting hot now so it's actually been working well.

I promise a bump picture tomorrow in the sailor inspired dress :boat:

Amber - Perhaps we'll have our first boy beanie on the thread. :winkwink: Either way, I'm sure you guys will be nothing but elated when you find out.

Imp - Hope you're able to make that decision soon. I've heard great things about midwives in general, however I have been going to my ObGyn for almost 10 years now, and I absolutely LOVE her. So I'm going to stick wih her, as I have that level of comfort. Hope you're able to make a decision that best fits your needs. :thumbup:

Shell - That's awesome that you can already feel Bo kicking! I'm sure OH can't wait to feel them too. ;) Cute bump pics! Is that a belly band you have on by the way?

Grand - Happy 20 weeks!

AFM, I found out at my blood work appt yesterday that my first set of hCG levels were a lot higher than I originally thought. I was driving when they called with the results, so I must have misheard what they said. Oh well, can I just say that I was pleasantly surprised!!! I also went for my first pregnancy swim yesterday. It was awesome!!! :thumbup: Definitely plan on continuing that for as long as I can. I've also been getting on the elliptical machine, so I'm getting some activity in. Trying to stay as busy as possible, so as to not feel OH's absence as much. By the way, every time we speak, pretty much the first thing that comes out of his mouth is "Is Coco doing ok???" It's definitely sweet to see the softer side of men. :winkwink:

Have a great weekend everyone!

Grand - you would think that French women would be the leaders in pregnancy fashion?! But Im sure your dresses are attractive and comfortable too. The weather is still too unpredictable here in the UK for dresses, so Im living in these maternity jeans every weekend! Need some smart black maternity trousers to wear to work during the week though. Ive completely outgrown my non-maternity ones now!

neffie - no its not a belly band, they are actual maternity jeans. I love them! I want to get lots of different types of trousers, all with maternity bands sewn into them. Theyre so comfy, and trendy too.
PS: your OH sounds so sweet, asking how Coco is all the time. Hope you're not missing him too much

xx

Shellney they do look very comfy and trendy. V. nice

Grand - omgosh 20 weeks - congrats.

Neffie - glad you are enjoying the swimming.

Have only read last page so sorry to anyone missed and I hope that you are all well.

AFM - getting quite anxious / stressed about scan on Tuesday. Working myself up I think. XXX

Oh Bean. I can understand you feeling anxious, but Im sure there is nothing to worry about. Everything will be fine on Tuesday, Im sure of it. Thinking of you xx

Grand- I can feel her on the outside but each time either kids or oh come near she stops!!

My little minx does this too, I keep telling her she's making me a liar to her dad as she stops as soon as he puts his hand on me! haha! I am sure I actually SAW movement last night, my tummy "lifted" up, twice! amazing :)

Kizzy-My 8yr old finally felt her today!! woop woop lol
but the oh still hasnt :-( i have noticed my stomach moving around too... super cool i love it!
x

Morning ladies!

Vix--sounds like you are moving right along with all the baby gear! That is fantastic! I can't wait to start picking out blue or pink gear myself! I have so many ideas floating around! I hope the fewer hours at work go easier on your feet! I don't know how you wonderful nurses are able to balance caring for so many, including yourself and your own. Much love to you!

Amber!
Thank you, its nice to hear that!!
I had a very elderly patient the other day, refusing my care as i looked far too young to be pregnant and thought i was "a discrace" lol i did try to explain although i am only 24 i am married and have 2 other children!!

As for the pink or blue gear, the lemons are lovely this season!! x

Shell your bump is looking so cute! mineis just huge and im getting uncomfy already!!

Anyone feeling any nerve pain yet?? my leg keeps giving way and getting painful to sit on left side on my bum lol
Off to see gp if continues, i did have this problem with my son but only right at the end... im only 22 weks and i have atleast 12weeks laft at work!!!
x

For the curious - bump pic on page 6 of my journal :flower:

Vixmar - No nerve pain yet although I've felt some wierd twinges on my left side (buttock) if I sit or walk the wrong way but so far hasn't been constant or a problem...knocking on wood! Take care of yourself being on your feet so much with your job. I put them up on the end of the day and it feels so good...sometimes I can coax OH to massage my feet and calves but only like once a week.

Bean - thanks for the congrats...feels surreal...never thought I'd make it this far...I'm no longer nervous to tell people (about time LOL). You will be fine during your scan...I'm sure your baby will be bouncing about.

Neffie - thanks for the congrats as well! You'll be here in no time but it's true 1st tri goes a bit slow till 12 weeks...after that it flies. How're you feeling??? Any M/S yet? I didn't get it till about 6ish weeks??? So happy that your HCG is much higher than you thought previously...must make you feel good...you've got a sticky wee one in there!

Shell - you're so lucky to have cool styles available to you...I haven't seen any maternity jeans here - BOO! Oh well dresses it is then for the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->