Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Hello Everyone! There is so much goo news going around this thread its great!!

Nicole & Melly - Congrats sooo exciting!!

Bean - Ive been well thanks, espically now that the stress of picking a care giver is over! I don't know hwy that stressed me out so much but its over with and I'm feeling better. I've also been getting the stretching pains so I'm sure its not a worry.

AFM good over all, I've been getting headaches almost daily, but find if I take a walk I can put them at bay at least for a while. I'm sooo frusterated with my wardrobe though, Im in that stage where if ya didn't know me I dont look prego, just a little tubby around the middle, and non of my clothes are fitting properly. I just want to pop so I can wear my clothes and not worry if they are a little tight on my tummy cuz I actually look prego. lol I watched a birthing video yesterday, and dont suggest it, it tarrified me! I had a good cry, then went shopping to make me feel better. Having a baby doesn't scare me... its the actuall birthing part! Guess thats why picking a care giver was so hard for me. And my DH is kinda freaked of the whole idea there is a litte person inside me so he's really not much help. Its not that hes not excited, he is sooo supportive and will be a great dad! Its just the process of my changing body and thinking that his child is inside that kinda throughs him... it actually kinda makes me laugh. Anyway glad everyone is doing so well!

Don't worry, Imp! My DH is acting strange right now also! He absolutely refuses to do anything *TMI Alert* sexual with me "down there" because "my little girl is in there!". He is a bit wierded out! And I am a bit frustrated, lol! I try to tell him that nothing can happen to her, but it doesnt matter...men!!:dohh:

Imp - Glad you made your selection. And yay for hearing the heartbeat on the doppler! I'm sure the birthing video was interesting. :winkwink: Whenever I hear of someone watching a birthing video, I always think of this scene from the show 'Friends' where Chandler accidentally watches a birthing video instead of a movie. The look on his face is to die for. :haha: Anyhoo, hope your bump comes out in the open soon, so everyone around you knows for sure.

Amber - Waiting to see that video of Baby Grace. :winkwink: And I was totally :rofl: hearing your story on snoring while talking about dry aged steak at the dinner table. Too funny!

Lil - So happy for you that your appointment went well. Hope you're back here very soon!

Nichole - Congrats & Welcome!

Milos - Awesome news on the scan! Cute picture! Great to hear that Squiggle is moving around so much, even though he/she gave the sonographer a hard time. :winkwink: Isn't it awesome when you have a midwife/doctor who is so helpful? That was so nice of them to walk you around and give you a tour of the birthing facility. I'm sure the excitement when you deliver will be amazing not knowing if you'll be on Team Pink or Blue. It will all be so worth it! Sorry to hear about the placenta, but the odds are very high that it will move out of the way soon. Lastly, I'm sure Take That was awesome. Absolutely love their music!

Bean - I'm not the best person to be giving you pain related advice right now, seeing that I'm a total basket case myself. :haha: But I'm sure those are just normal pains, and everything is just fine.

Melly - WELCOME BACK!!!! :happydance: So happy for you! Sending tons of sticky :dust: your way. You've been through so much, and I really hope this is your forever baby. :flower:

Grand - Waiting to see the next bump pic.

Shell - Good luck on resisting the temptation! That's not going to be easy considering your OH will be playing devil's advocate. :winkwink: Hoorah for growing boobs & bump. :thumbup:

Angela - Hope the headaches go away soon. If they are that bad, might not be a bad idea to get them checked out. Hope you're able to hide that bump, and get 'bumped' up to full time. Fingers crossed!

Hope I didn't miss anyone, but :hi: if I did.

AFM, after my panic episode on Wednesday, I went ahead and spoke to the nurse yesterday. She was reassuring, and told me not to worry too much about the hCG levels. She said to come in for a scan next week if it would help ease my mind. Duh, I wasn't going to turn down that offer. So I have a scan scheduled for next Friday, and I'll get to meet with my doctor again as well. Still seems ages away, but sounds a lot better than waiting for 3 weeks. They've also let me keep the original scan date. Hoping that all goes well, and we get to see our little Coco next week, and then again 2 weeks later.

Grand, can you please update my scan date to Friday, June 10? I should be 7+4 then. You can remove the June 23 scan date for now. Even though it's still scheduled, I want to take it one scan at at time. Hopefully everything will be great next week, and at that point I'll have you add the next scan date back to the front page. Hope you don't mind. :winkwink:

Have a great day everyone!

Evening! Sounds like everyone is well today and feeling good - maybe its the nice sun shining on all of us brits? Always makes me feel better x

Conragtualtions Mellly - wonderful news on your BFP. Hope you feel well and have a H&H 9 months xxx

Hi everybody

Just a quick post - have been into work to imput assessment data for school and was on the computer for 6 hours solid. Not used to that in my job. Have screen eyes.

Melly - Congratulations.

Imp - I am with you on the tight clothes. I said to my dh tonight it could just pass for a bit of a belly.

The doc says that I am verging on aneamic but are not and have a low platelet count. TBH expected both - had both with my last dh. XX

Morning Ladies and Babies :hi:

Imp - Im the opposite to you...the birth itself doesnt scare me at all - its the being a parent for the rest of my life that terrifies me!!!!!

Amber - sorry to hear about your, erm, lack of sexual activity. I worry that if we find out we're on Team Pink, my OH wont want to interfere with his little girl in there. Although, TBH, I doubt anything could ever put my OH off sex! haha.

Neffie - great news on your extra scan! I had a scan at 7 weeks, and Bo just looked like a tiny kidney bean, with a flickering heartbeat. It was amazing. But its even better when you have a later scan (mine was at 14 weeks) and you can see an actual human baby! Good luck for both of your upcoming scans!

AFM: just on a sad note. Its exactly a year ago today that we lost our first baby, Baby C. I had a really good sob in the car last night, and have been slightly tearful this morning, but Im ok. It was such a traumatic episode of my life, that re-living it is quite painful. But Im hoping that once today is over, I will be able to focus my full attention on Little Bo. I will never forget Baby C, but it really is time to move on now. Bo is my future....Thanks for listening :flower:

Oh Shelleney, :hugs: Angelversarys are emotional and difficult. :hugs: Sleep sweetly Baby C.:kiss:

Welcome back Melly.... wonderful news!! :)

Shell - big hugs your way, a heartbreaking time and i easily get tearful too. They will never be forgotten xxxxxxxxx

Hello to everyone else, hope you are all doing well. Just a quick one today as off out to enjoy the sunshine before work this afternoon x

Glad you brits have the sunshine. We've got winter and its cold and I dont cope well with the cold!!

Morning ladies!

Shell--extra :hugs: for you today hun. Just know that Baby C is looking down on you and little Bo and watching over you, and always will be. Rest in peace, little angel.

Bean--hope they are able to keep an eye on your platelet count and get that taken care of. Sorry about your computer eyes yesterday, I know how that can be, it usually ends with a bad headache at the end of the day!

Neffie--so glad you are getting to see Coco next week instead of having to wait 3 weeks! :happydance: will be thinking of you and glad the doctor's office was able to give you some reassurance!

milos/pixie--glad you are getting to enjoy some fun in the sun!!:shipw:

melly--sorry you are experiencing the cold weather now! :cold: I'd love to send you some of the heat we are getting here in the states right now, it has been HOT and humid this week!

Hope everyone has a fabulous friday (and for any of you USA girls, it is National Donut Day, so go out and get your free donut from Krispy Creme/Dunkin Donuts! hehe) :thumbup:

Amber, it wasn't till just recently I fugured out my DH's issue with being a little weirded out by the thought of our little one growing inside me. But as for the sexual stuff he's the same way. I really didn't understand why he would't start anything, I always have to. But at least I understand now... Neadless to say my DH is the same way.

As for the sunshine we are finally seeing some over here too! Its not "summer" yet but the temps are deffinatly looking up! I havemy girls cottage weekend on the 13th and its actually looking like we may get some nice weather to do some tanning!!!

Hope everyone is well! Have a good weekend!

Evening ladies :)

Shell, big hugs to you, I feel the same, will never forget my little "shrimp" but tinks is my future and I am looking forward not back xxx

Congrats and welcome back Melly xxx

Imp/Amber, me and OH havent DTD since we got our BFP, I was terrified of bleeding in the first tri and then once I started to show and especially now bubs is moving around etc he feels weird about it so I dont think we wil! I am ok with it tbh, we are very close and we talk about it and are open about it plus have lots of kisses cuddles etc so I am hoping it wont be an issue for us. Just hope it goes back to "normal" after :)

AFM I had my 25 week appt today, all went well, BP fine, urine etc, I got weighed for the first time and I have put on 5kg which I was ok with really and she was happy with and got to hear Tinks h/b once she came out of hiding, little minx ;) I am measuring 27cm's so a little over at the moment but she said 2cm either way is fine and she's cleared me to fly to Spain tomorrow and enjoy my holiday (good job really as I wasnt planning on not going hehe) so that's it from me til the 13th! have good weeks ladies and I look forward to catching up with you all when I am back xxx

Mmmmm...I would love a Krispy Kreme donut...hot from the oil...yum yum - hope you had two (one for me) Amber.

Kizzy - Happy 25 weeks hon! Have so much fun in España...glad you got the OK.

Shell - :hugs:...anniversaries are tough...lots of little angels up there (too many). Bo is your future but you will never forget your first baby C...:flower:

Imp and Kizzy - We've been low on the :sex: as well...and when we tried the other night I had a spontaneous nose bleed all over him (pregnancy issue apparently) that killed the mood. hmmmm...

Imp - Have fun on your girls weekend...I can't wait to get some sun as well...I'll put on protection but I just love how the sun feels on my body (and a little glow won't hurt???)

Bean - Gotta get some more iron in you hon...do you eat meat??? I don't so I'm at risk as well. My nutrition book for pregnancy says dark green leafy veg, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, organic unsulphured dried fruit, blackstrap molasses, beets, red beans, eggs, beef (obviously) - Supplements are hard to absorb for the body so natural is better and faster :)

Shell - LOL both birth and being a mom scare the :dohh: out of me...I still feel too young and I'm 34!!! LOL

Pixie - Enjoy that Sun and Vitamin D dose! :) - Glad you're loving the sun as well Milos :)

Melly - Brrrr...winter...keep you and your wee one cozy...how're you feeling?

AFM: DRUM ROLL!!! I went to a gyn appt. today since I actually don't have a doctor at all and he was pretty good...I like him 85%...He did look at me like I had three heads when I said I wanted a natural birth with no interventions but he wasn't against it...c'est la france :wacko: they are all about epidurals here. Well I got to see "little blue" again because he has an U/S machine in his office (3 D as well!) and it was amazing...the wee one has grown so much and I now officially know the sex! So
It's a...
baby...
:haha:
BOY!!! - I know I was a bit surprised as well since my dream was about a little girl but I'm thinking since in the dream she was maybe my wee nut since she was already 2 years old and she was all alone...she just wanted to be with her mom and dad and to let me know all was going to be OK since I had been so sad just like her when she left us...dreams are definitely hard to interpret but I know she was sending me a message because that was the month I conceived her brother "Little Blue" who is Team Blue! I'm going to have a son!...it feels so funny to say that...I've been a bit prepared since our 1st U/S the lady said her expert opinion was baby boy because of the angle of the dangle. So I'm on cloud :cloud9:...now for the name game...oh dear

Congratulations - a boy. What names do you like?

Thanks for the advice on the iron rich food. XX

I know New - you were in the minority...you're a good nub spotter :flower:

We have our first boy! Yay! Congrats Grand! That is wonderful!!!:happydance:

Oh Grand! Your gonna have a little blue bundle of joy!!! Get ready to be kept on your toes!

I've got so much to catch up on in here, it just feels so good to be posting here again.

I had an ultrasound appt booked for Wednesday 8th June. It was ordered by FS to check all my inside girlie bits are 'normal'. I'm still going to go along to it and tell them i've just found out i'm a little bit pregnant, but still there for them to map my insides and confirm (once again) that my uterus etc is all normal. I've had 15 vials of blood taken in the quest to find out why we lost Kyle and Evie, and I'll be ringing FS on Monday to (hopefully) get an appt asap, to get some results. Fx'd there is an obvious answer there. He had told me that if its a clotting disorder they are likely to put me on clexane injections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->