Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Afternoon lovely ladies!

milos--so glad your appointment went well and baby squiggle is squiggling along nicely! :thumbup:

melly--hope your scan went well today, thinking of you! :flower:

neffie--so glad to hear that you, coco and your OH had such a wonderful reunion! I agree with Shell, try not to worry about the spotting, thinking of you and hope all goes well on Friday!!

shell--Happy Anniversary!! It is so lovely to get a chance to get out and enjoy an evening with each other, it sounds like you had a wonderful romantic evening! Also excited to hear that Bo is really making him/herself known!

AFM: Frustrating day at work yesterday, my computer just up and died on me!! We are not sure if the harddrive just went or if my computer managed to catch a virus. We are going to have an IT guy come in and check it. In the meantime, I was given a brand new computer, which is great, except for the fact that I had to search for our office's programs all afternoon so I could function again! ARG!! Also found out that DH may be out in California again for another 10 days starting the 20th, which is also frustrating!

BUT! Baby Grace is doing great! 20 weeks for us today, as DH says, she is "half baked"! haha Doctor had to increase my insulin dose today, my fasting level keeps creeping up--which just means the placenta is working away, but also means I need more insulin to offset it. I still can't feel any movements yet, but I am hoping that changes in the next week or so!

Hope all of you ladies are having a great day!

Amber - Ugh...I hate IT issues at work...now that I'm in an office environment...even little glitches make life harder. Hope you get to keep the new computer. Sorry about OH potentially being away - but the reunion is always fun when the trip is over. Also don't worry about movement (feeling it) I was super worried and asked my doctor and everything - on the U/S machine he's moving tons. I only just felt my first kicks at 21 weeks.

Shelley - Happy Anniversary :wedding: glad the spark is still alive!

Neffie - Stay peaceful hon...brown is fine...I had some brown spotting as well early but it does cause us PAL ladies a fright. I hope that these 2 days goes quickly so you can see Coco is just fine. Enjoy your OH snuggles!

Milos - So happy little squiggle is growing perfectly...4 weeks will fly by till your next appointment.

Sparkle - That's really cool you got into see someone so fast...I got my 1st scan at 9 weeks because I was really late making my appointment but about 7 weeks should be good to make sure they can see you little bean growing. :dust: Just take care of yourself...try to stay away from stressful situations if you can.

Imp - How was Rhianna??? I haven't been to a concert in ages...in fact I've never been to a really big concert at all...just little venues. Hope you had fun with your friends.

Vix - I will be trying to breast feed exclusively but I know that there could be issues...I will try my hardest to keep at it...I know that the beginning can be tough but I want to stick it out if possible. We'll see...:shrug:

AFM: OH and I are off for our "Babymoon" to Italy for 4 days (we leave on Friday and I have Monday off work as well) - I'm so excited to be eating for 2 in Italy...I love their food...mmmmmm...It will be nice to have a long weekend just the 2 of us before it becomes the 3 of us (we'll bring "little blue" along but he's pretty low maintenance now LOL)

Grand--Oh I LOVE Italy!!! I hope you guys have a FABULOUS TIME on your Babymoon! Eat lots of good food and enjoy!!! :happydance:

Hi ladies!

So sorry I haven't been on for soooo long! I have got alot to catch up on!!

Congrats to all the new and returning ladies! H&H 9 months to you all!

Hi to my bump buddies hope you are all keeping well!

Well I have been feeling totally exhausted the last few months and been getting bad headaches nearly everyday but starting to feel a bit better now! I am just about starting to show now and have been feeling the baby move for about 3 weeks now, it is a right little wriggler!!
Me, DH & DD just returned from a weekend in France which was nice but quite cold! Nice to get away tho!

I have my 20 week scan on Friday so looking forward to that, not gonna find out the sex tho as really want another surprise!

I promise not to be away for as long next time!

xxxx

Happy 20 weeks for yesterday Amber!! half way there for Baby Grace!! :happydance:

Hope you have a wonderful babymoon in Italy, Grand!! Im green with envy!! :sick:

Nice to hear from you Bellas!! Happy 20 weeks to you, my bump buddy!! Good luck for you scan tomorrow, let us know how you get on!! :friends:

AFM: 20 weeks today! half way there! woohoo!! :yipee:
xx

Shell - Happy belated anniversary. I'm sure the three of you had a fab time. :winkwink: And happy 20 weeks!!! Half way there already.

Amber - Happy belated 20 weeks! I'm sure the movements are right around the corner. YIKES for the computer issue. That happened to me a while ago, and it took forever to feel like things were back to normal. Hope you get to keep the new laptop though. Sorry to hear that OH has to go out of town again. It totally stinks!

Grand - Enjoy the babymoon in Italy! Stay hydrated though...the heat this time of the year can be brutal! Have a gelato or two (or three) to help. :haha: And eat some 'true' Italian pasta for me pretty please....it's HEAVEN!!

Bella - Good to see you back. Congrats on reaching 20 weeks, and good luck for your scan tomorrow! Looks like we're scan buddies, although I'm a ways behind you. :winkwink:

:hi: to everyone else.

Less than 24 hours until our first scan. Getting very excited (and who am I kidding...very nervous too!!) I'm so hoping to be able to share some good news with you guys tomorrow. Please keep us in your thoughts...

Good luck for tomorrow neffie, thinking of you!
Cant wait to see pics of Coco tomorrow
xx

Off for babymoon tomorrow and won't have internet! Love to you all and I'll catch up when I get back.

Neffie - I'll definitely be taking advantage of all the yummy things to eat in Italy...can't wait to finally eat for two LOL.

Merci Shell! Don't be jealous:kiss:...plan your own little getaway with OH :flower: it's fun to plan and even better to go!

Amber - I definitely will be eating lots and loving it.

Pics promised! :)

Rihanna was good! It was nice to go out with the girls. Though it deffinatly wasn't a concert for children, and there seemed to be alot there. Ive not been to alot of concerts either so I think I'd like just about anything. Lol.

Anyway glad everyone is well!

Hello everyone! Just had a long catch up and glad to see everyone seems to be doing well! This thread really is lovely and positive! I love reading all your posts to hear how you are all getting on. The 3rd tri's and births are going to be so exciting! (and here before we know it!!!!!!).
Sorry for not replying individually, i missed far too much! My 2 year old doesn't allow for such lengthy times on the computer!

Welcome to the newly pregnant, h&h 9mths to you! Many congratulations!

Wow, so many of us now half way or past! Time is flying which seemed impossible after the 1st 12 weeks seemed sooooo long!!!

Good luck at your scan today Neffie x

Thanks for the responses to my Bottle Vs Breast..... after a chat to my midwife, ive bought a breast pump, i am defo going to express when baby comes.... and will give bf a go but i REFUSE to do something i feel uncomfortable with, i think the memorys of the pain i felt after bf my daugther has scared me a litte, and the more i worked myself up about how difficult i found it and how she wouldnt feed properly the more difficult it became.... i also suffered with postnatal depression with jess and the first 7months of her life were the worst in my life, i feel guilty to say it, but i got so down i could have easily left her in a shop and just never gone back, i think back and i did love her but never bonded properly, hence why i refused to bf my son, i was full of guilt when he was born as i held him for the first time, i loved him instantly, i wanted to spend every second with him, to breathe him in and stare for hours..... somthing i never had with my first daugther, but i knew i had been ill and luckily i had family and freinds to watch out for it happening again, and it didnt! and im pretty sure it wont happen again, im in a better place emotionaly, financialy etc..... A HAPPY MUMMY = A HAPPY BABY! and i am one very happy mummy!!

Also anyone had a GTT test done? Glucose test???
Went to anti natal at hospital, doc said due to my bmi being 31 (altho i am 24 weeks) im classed as 'over weight' and i have large babys 9lb 2oz he wants me to have this test.... i have to fast from 9pm and go to hospital for a blood test at 9am, sit for 2.5hrs and then have another test..... oh i have trouble staying still whilst writting this lol not looking forward to it at all!!! Altho i work in day surgery unit, i can take blood, but im terrible at having blood taken lol and a fasted me + blood test = sickness and passing out lol ohhhh the joys!!

Anway i have a giant toy story jigsaw to build with the 3yr old!
Spk soon
x

Morning ladies!

Neffie and Bellas--good luck with your scans today, thinking of you both!

Bellas and Shell--Happy 20 weeks to my bump buddies! :friends:

IMP--so glad to hear you had a fabulous time at the concert! I have been debating going to some concerts this summer, but with the heat we seem to be getting so far, I may have to pass!

Pixie---:hi: so good to hear from you and glad you are doing so well! I hear you on the little one keeping you on your toes! Hope you are getting enough rest!

Vix--sounds like you have a great plan set out for Breastfeeding via pump. :thumbup: I am only taking 1 month off of work after Grace is born, then working from home for 2 months and then back to work, so I know that I will have to be expressing as well.

GTT--yes, I have had it, and I failed it! :nope: I ended up diagnosed with early onset Gestational Diabetes and have been on Insulin once per day in the evening (due to high fasting levels) for about a month and a half now. Make sure you take a snack with you (peanut butter crackers, etc.) for after the test, because that is a long wait for preggo ladies who need to eat!!

Grand--Have a FABULOUS TIME on your Babymoon!!! :flower:

AFM: Had a checkup today with the gyn (since my BP was high a couple weeks ago), today BP was perfect, and I have finally put on a pound (although I am still down 4 lbs from my pre-preggo weight!)! Also got to hear Grace's hb, she was awake and moving around today, so got a reading of 142bpm--I also actually got to hear a kick on the doppler (at least that is what the nurse told me the "thump" was, haha!). It was pretty exciting! Doctor says I am doing great and I don't have to go back for a month! She also gave me scripts for more ultrasounds, apparently I have to continue to get them every 4 weeks until delivery from here on out to make sure Grace is not growing too fast due to the GD. Which translates to me that I just get to see her more! :cloud9:

Thinking of neffie and Bellasmummy with your scans today.
Grand- have a lovely babymoon!

Wow so many ladies 20 weeks already. It only seems like yesterday that we were waiting for our first bfps and wondering who it would be!

Afm- feeling sick and exhausted! Yay!!

Just seen your update Amber, well done for your weightgain!! X

Back from our scan....

:yipee: WE SAW OUR LITTLE COCO TODAY!!! :happydance: I just couldn't fight back the tears. Got to see and hear the heart beart, it was amazing!!! I've been pushed back a bit to 6w + 5, but the tech said it was completely normal. Heart rate was 145 bpm, so that was a huge relief. The little one measured 8mm. We were able to catch everything on video as well, which was great! Here are some pictures. Next scan is in less than 2 weeks...I'm getting greedy now...can't wait to see our baby again! :kiss:

IMG00470.jpg

IMG00471.jpg

Hope everyone's having a good day. Will post properly over the weekend. I'm too giddy at the moment. :cloud9:

Hi everybody

So much to catch up on. I hope tht you are all well.

Neffie that is fantastic.

Sparkle congrats on feeling sick and exhausted. XX

Congratulations Neffie - sounds like a fab scan and just 2 weeks til the next one which is brilliant x

Bellas - how was your scan?

Hope everyone else is well!

Off to bed now cause I am exhausted - been at work for 13 hours today squiggle and I are ready for bed xxx

Happy Saturday! Hope you're all well!

Glad you enjoyed Rihanna, Imp. Im looking forward to going now!

Good to hear from you, Pixie. Glad you are doing well!

Sorry to hear about the issues you had in your previous pregnancies, Vix. But glad you are in a much better place this time round! PS, happy V Day to you and Libby Grace!

Glad your Gyn appt went well, Amber. So exciting that you get to see her so often now!

Congrats on feeling so sick and exhausted, Sparkle. That can only be a good thing!

So glad that your scan went well, neffie! How wonderful that you saw and heard Coco's heartbeat! And only 2 weeks til you can see him/her again. Yay!

AFM: nothing to report. Just counting down the days til the big scan! 6 days to go!!!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->