Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Phew Morticia - so happy all is well - it's always a relief after what we've been through

Hi ladies,

I'm in the middle of nowhere Alaska with OH for a romantic weekend, but I have now used two dollar store cheapies (20 miu sensitivity) and gotten a :bfp: on each of them! So get my seat in here ready! I won't feel completely sure about it until I see the doc on Monday, but I have a pretty good feeling about it. :happydance:

Said it in the other thread but yay sam sooo happy for you.. wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months.. and tons of sticky dust.. :)

Grand hubby is doing much better thanks for asking. He's still off work for at least 3 more days till all the stitches and staples come out. He'll most likely take this whole next week though as Friday is a holiday anyway.

Sam. Huge congrats!!!

Afm I'm getting excited to finally see my lo again at the ultrasound on Wed!! Also im starting to feel him/her move alot more. I was only feeling flutters before and it was hard to tell if it really was baby. But now now I'm starting to feel it as almost a popping sensation. We've also decided we are going to do a 4D ultrasound so I've booked that for the 14th of Aug.

:happydance: OMG Sam!!!!!!!!! :yipee: I told you to get that :bfp: and you listened. I'm soooooooo happy for you. Congrats! H&H 9 months. :thumbup:

I love waking up to wonderful news! What a happy Sunday!!! Thanks for sharing Sam - Much sticky dust your way :dust: - Where are you now? In the USA or Scotland? So so so happy for you and your OH!!!

Sam- wonderful wonderful news!!! Wishing you so much stick!!! Xx

Wow so much exciting news this weekend!

Samiam - congratulations on your BFP honey. Hope you have a H&H nine months x

Morticia - congratulations on your scan x

Neffie - brilliant news on your scan too - i love the fact that little coco was waving at you x

Lili - your HCgs look great and such a relief to be doubling. I hope the next 2 weeks flies by til your scan x

IMP - good luck for your scan on Wednesday, can't wait to see your scan piccies x

Grand - hope you have settled into your new home x

AFM - my horrendous day last sunday turned into a horrendous week! I was up til 4am twice in one week - last sunday and again on Thursday night/ friday morning! Atleast I have Mondays off work so I recovered from Sundays hours but I left work at 4am on Friday morning and was back at 8.30am! Worked til 7pm then I had a pre-arranged date with the girls so thought I would just nip out for 1 drink then go to bed but ended up getting a second wind and was up til 12 again! This weekend has been a busy one too - guests and MORE pram shopping! Atleast we now have it down to 2 models but I have yet to see one of them 'in the flesh' to have a play with it so thats next weekends aim.
However we have managed to make a furniture decision for the nursery and we ordered it online tonight which is brilliant - squiggle now has somewhere to sleep and to hang his/ her clothes!

Love to all xxx

Very busy weekend, I promise to catch up with everyone tomorrow! I just had to stop in and say

:happydance::yipee:CONGRATULATIONS SAM!!!:yipee::happydance:

I am so over the moon for you hun! That is wonderful news!!! Sending you lots of hugs :hugs: and sticky dust! :dust:

Thanks Girls!!! I got a BFP on the FRER this morning, so I am now believing that it's actually true! Now, for the keeping it safe and sound in there part. . .

Any advice on NOT worrying 24/7?

ahh Sam that's WONDERFUL news, I really am happy for you, congratulations honey! I dont think there is a way to say not to worry because you inevitably will but I can say that once you're past first tri it get soooo much easier and once you're at my stage (28.5 weeks) and bubs is kicking about all the time you really really relax and enjoy it. I think you have to "try" to be a positive person and believe that this is meant to be, I really think is for you this time xxx

milos, which prams are you narrowed down to? I am becoming obsessed with them! haha!

Happy Monday ladies!!

Grand--Happy V-Day to you and Little Blue hun! Also, glad to hear the move went well and you are settling in to your new place! Your sea theme will be so beautiful in your room with little Blue!

Imp--grats on feeling your little one's movement!! Also glad to hear that DH is on the mend! Good luck with your scan on Wed., will be thinking of you and can't wait to see the pics!!!

milos--goodness lady, you need some rest hun! I hope you are able to find some this week! Also, grats on the furniture for squiggle! You will have to post some pics once you get it set up!!

sam--I wish I had some sage advice, but I am STILL worrying 24/7, although it becomes less stressful day by day. The first trimester is the hardest, I agree. I would try to get an early scan, they are reassuring, at least they were for me. And just know that you always have us ladies here to share your stresses and worries with, we are here for you hun!!

AFM: I "think" I am finally feeling Grace move! Talk about a late bloomer! It is mostly flutters in my lower abdomen right now--too low for it to be my stomach (which is up next o my lungs right now, I swear! lol). It is really neat! I hope they turn into real kicks soon!! Getting excited for my scan on Wed. DH held off on starting to paint this past weekend (we got all the taping done and such though) as he wants more confirmation we are team pink before we commit paint to walls! haha

Found out that inlaws are probably coming to stay the weekend of the 9th, which I have mixed feelings about. I don't have the energy I usually do to keep up with entertaining them, and MIL is a heavy smoker, and even though she smokes outside, I still have to air out the entire house when they leave. DH is also leaving for NYC on the 9th, so I will be entertaining on my own, which will make things harder. MIL also mentioned going to our local amusement park for a day--I told her up front that they were welcome to go, but I would not be coming. Spending $50.00 to walk around a park packed full of people for 5 hours in 90 degree heat on a weekend at 6 mos pregnant is not my idea of a good time right now! She didn't seem to get it. :dohh:Ah well!

I agree sam.. its hard not to worry.. especially in the early days.. For myself, I just feel such a sense of peace this time.. I feel I know all will be okay.. its strange.. but I have left it in god's hands.. and what will be will be.. and if your not cramping or spotting.. then try to just enjoy.. :)

Sam - not worrying is just impossible but do try to relax and enjoy the next few weeks. as Kizzy says it much easier once your belly is bigger and bubs starts kicking you about! xxx

Kizzy - we are down to the icandy apple with the single jogger wheel to make it a bit more off road compatible or the maxi cosi mura 3 which a friend recommended and she has a similar lifestyle to us with dog walks and unsealed gravel roads to contend with! Just trying to find the mura to look at in 'real life' rather than online but struggling to find it so might have to wait a few weeks to see her then play with it with her little girl in it! If we go for the apple it will probably be second hand/ ebay cause I refuse to pay that much money for a pram which I will promptly cover in mud! The mura 3 is much more reasonably priced and our friend has offered us the carrycot part of hers to use which would save some pennies. What ones are you looking at?
If anyone has any thoughts on off road tyoe prams I would love to hear them!

xxx

Sam - It's very hard but I just had the conviction that I had to stay positive for this little one no matter what my past had been. Losing a baby is so hard but we just have to find the strength and hope that the next pregnancy will go well. Since the future is unknown and I won't be able to change it then I decided the only thing I had control over was my day to day attitude and so I decided to make a major effort to be hopeful for this little baby and to have faith in my body and his that we could have a good pregnancy. It wasn't easy but I wasn't a nervous wreck all the time either. Good luck :hugs:

PS. AFM: I may be quiet for a bit since I don't have internet at the new place yet and France usually takes forever for things like that...I can get on sometimes at work but not all the time...I'll try to check in though as much as I can!

Aw Sam I agree with what all the others are saying. You will worry no matter what. Like the others I am still anxious at approaching 19 weeks. Try your hardest to be positive. I know that is easier said than done though.

Pushchairs ladies - I have had so many - have a bit of an obsession. With my last I purchased a mountain buggy. It fits in my boot - I have a golf plus. It has been the best pushchair I have ever had. When I had it for my second he was one so never had the carrycot. I have purchased one off ebay second hand for £60.00 so that is what I will be doing. They are quite big so not for all - just thought I would add that though.

Imp - thinking of you wed at your scan.

Amber - great that you are feeling some movement.

HI everybody else - so much to catch up. Hope you are all well. XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->