Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Great news on the scans ladies - I'm sure you both feel very relieved!

Hi Girls! :hi:

Will post properly later, but wanted to let you know that we're back from our scan, and Coco is doing great! We'll have the results of the NT & blood work back in a week, but based on the fluid measurement, and looking at the baby, both the u/s tech & doctor said that everything was fine. OH couldn't stop talking about the size of Coco's head. :haha: We continue to be over the moon, and will be telling our families this weekend! Here are some photos.

IMG00526-20110715.jpg

IMG00527-20110715.jpg

Have a great weekend everyone!

Thats great news Neffie... those scan pics are great... I really hope I get another scan at 12 weeks.. :) have fun telling your families..

[QUOTE=Vix--glad your GTT test went well! Mine was hard not being able to eat for 3 hours (I had to do a 3 hour test), but I had a stash of snacks waiting for me! So glad you don't have GD, it is not as hard as I thought it would be to manage it, but pricking yourself all of the time can be a pain!

Oh i didnt relise you had GD, did u have D b4 pregnancy?? did u have the 2hr test before the 3hr test then??
Sorry u have to test ur blood sugars, i test patients all the time and i hate pricking their fingers let alone my own lol x

Neffie--Those pics are beautiful! Coco is growing big and strong, congratulations on such a wonderful scan hun!! Have fun telling the family this weekend!

Vix--Yes, I was diagnosed with early-onset GD back around 12-13 weeks. I did not have Diabetes before pregnancy (at least not diagnosed). I may have been boarderline, but now they won't know until about 6 months after Grace is born, I'll have to go in for some tests. Testing wise, they did a 1 hour test for me first, I failed that one, so they then sent me for a 3 hour one, which I failed as well (2 out of 4 readings were high). It turns out that my levels are the worst right when I wake up (fasting level), so they think it is clearly a placenta issue--my body just can't keep up with the hormones from both myself and the placenta--so I just take 1 insulin injection at night before bed. My readings during the day are perfectly fine! The finger pricking actually hurts more than the insulin shot! :shrug:

OK, Ladies!! I must apologize for being such a terrible friend recently, and not posting. But I finished work yesterday, so now I am free to catch up with you all every day!
I hope you are all well, and your bumps are all growing nicely....

neffie - hello birthday buddy! glad that you had a great day last saturday. I did too. So glad that your scan went well yesterday. Coco looks great! and good luck telling your families! also dont worry about being "nosey", for asking me how im getting so much time off work. I will explain later on in my post.

Grand - sorry to hear your internet is still not up and running. Im missing your posts. Hope you come back to us soon. Love to you and Little Blue xx

Amber - great news that your OH can now feel Baby Grace move! that has been the hightlight of my pregnancy so far, watching the excitement on my OHs face when he feels Bo move. also, glad that the in-laws have finally left, and that OH is back home safe and sound.

Pixie - hope you had a great holiday in Menorca, and congrats on entering 3rd tri!

New - of course we are keeping your seat warm for you, my love. Have a great holiday!

Vix - glad your GTT went well and that you dont have GD. Hope you and Libby Grace are well.

Lil - congrats on the scan. your little peanut/bean/blob is so cute.

Bean - congrats on your scan. Looking forward to seeing your pics.

Milos - hope you have fun at the wedding. And i bet you look gorgeous in your new dress.

Hi to everyone else :hi:

AFM: I finished work yesterday, and dont go back until 1st June 2012!! Now, I know that neffie wondered how I was managing this, so I will try to explain...
I teach in a school, so i get the next 7 weeks off on full pay as standard. I then start my maternity leave on 1st September. Here in the UK, we are all entitled to a year off work. Personally, my work pays me 90% of my wage for the first 6 months, 50% for the next 3 months, and nothing for the last 3 months. I cant afford to live on nothing (lol) so I am just taking the first 9 months off....which takes me to 1st June 2012. Hope that helps? :)
So, it was really sad saying goodbye to all my colleagues yesterday. But its the wonderful children who I will miss the most (they all have varying disabilities and special needs, and I love them all to bits!) But now im finished for almost a year, so I am going to do plenty of resting, alot of household chores, and some meeting up with friends/family for lunches. And of course, getting ready for Bo's arrival!

xx

Shell Good to hear from you. Fab that you have finished and getting paid through hols. I will go back at a similar time to you but will go back after the hols for a bit. Was going to try and get to 36 weeks but think that may be a bit unrealistic with nursery and reception children - i am only part time though.

Enjoy the relaxing now. XX

Hey Bean.
A lady at my work just had her baby boy 6 weeks ago. She worked til 35 weeks, and recommended that I DIDNT do the same! she said that she was utterly exhausted every day, and felt useless in the classroom.
Even though I am only 25 weeks, when I officially start my mat leave on 1st september, I will be 32 weeks, which I think is an acceptable time to finish. Im just lucky that I get these extra 7 weeks off beforehand.

I hope that you enjoy your summer holidays, and get plenty of rest before you have to go back in september. Good luck!!
xx

Hi everyone!! I'm just checking in to see how everyone's doing. Looks like all is going well!!

Afm. As I said before dh could kinda feel lo moving. But just a tiny tiny tap. Well we finally had some time to relax together last night and I had him checking out my belly again and he really felt the movement. It was priceless to see his face. My whole tummy actually bumps up where lo is kicking/moving around and I think it kinda startled him. But he loved it!! Lo's moving sooo much now it's such a Weird feeling.

I just wanted to say that the GD test is one thing I am happy I don't have to go through that the rest of you do. I'm already type 1 diabetic, so I don't have to do those three hour fasting, but still having to drink that nasty drink on a uncertain stomach, just to find out that GD is there. That's one time in my life that I'm happy to already be diabetic!

hey ladies just stopping by to say hello and say sorry for not being around for the last million weeks lol!! Finding out gender on wednesday caaant wait :D

so whats the gossip? :p

Shell - My jaw literally dropped to the floor as I was reading your maternity leave situation. :haha: No lies here....I'm sooooo green with envy! :winkwink: That totally rocks! Enjoy it to the fullest. Hope you and Bo are doing well.

Bean - Happy holidays!

Imp - That's great that your OH has started to feel the LO's movements.

Beth - Hope you're doing well.

Sam - Good luck on your scan on Wed!

AFM, finally shared the news with our families this weekend, and it was so amazing seeing their reaction. :cloud9: Many tears of joy were shed, especially when they saw Coco's scan pictures. :winkwink:

Have a great weekend!

Shells - I'm a teacher too but don't get anywhere near the great deal you are! Hope to be off around the same length of time but will be surviving on £450 a month SMP for last chunk so depends just how much that affects us... really want to be off for as long as poss though... been waiting so long for this baby and also is my daughter's first year at school and want to be able to go to everything and drop off/pick up

Aww Chilli. I hope you can afford to take the maximum amount of time off work. It will be wonderful for you to enjoy the 1st 9 months of your baby's life, plus your daughter will love having you around before and after school. I hope you can make it happen.
Its going to be a real struggle for me to live on half my wage for those 3 months...but i consider it to be totally worth it!!
xx

Sorry to make you green with envy Neffie. Wasnt trying to show off :blush:
Great news about you telling your families. Its lovely that they are so happy for you! Take care xx

Shell - Don't apologize. :haha: It's a great system you have, so make the most of it. :thumbup:

Shell lucky you! I had something similar with Cormack. He was due end of now and I wanted to work til oct half term. Unfortunately c came early so it didn't quite work like that! Then I officially went back to work on 10th July, but school finished for summer on 9th so I ended up getting paid again for the summer holidays. It was great!

Neffie- so glad your scan was perfect... 2 weeks til our next one!!

We're having a fab time in jersey! Yesterday was our 1st wedding anniversary and it was great. We had a meal and a stay in a hotel just the two of us (and bumpy!) and I even had a glass of champagne (shhh) xx

Hi ladies.. hope your all doing well..

Im a SAHM, so hope I dont make you all jealous over that.. I love it.. my dd will be two in 13 days.. so been busy planning her party.. :) Im very excited.. as were telling dh's family at her party.. it will still be a bit early but I believe all will be okay this time.. just feel it..

Hope you all had a great weekend.. Yay Neffie for telling family.. bet the reactions were just wonderful..

My next drs appt is in 9 days.. exciting.. wont do much.. but just makes me feel better seeing him.. at least until my next scan.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->