Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

So far I've put 9lb on, but I think I lost a fair bit with sickness, I may ask mw when I see her as it doesn't sound a lot especially as I'm 31 weeks and feel like the bk end of a bus, but I hadn't given it a seconds though till rereading ur comment shelley!

Sorry Vix. I didnt mention my weight gain to make other people worry about their own :wacko: Im sure that your 9lbs weight gain is perfectly normal for you, especially considering that you were sick alot in 1st tri. I wasnt ever sick, and I have been eating alot a suppose. It seems that its my weight gain thats abnormal, not yours. Please dont worry, your little girl seems to be growing perfectly well :)
xx

I second this, dont worry, its the growth of the baby thats important, not the growth of us :haha: and she seems to be perfect! :cloud9:

Ive suffered no sickness at all and my eating for 2 motto has def been taken a little literally! :haha: x

Pixie--so good to hear from you, glad to hear that all is going well and that your little one is growing big and strong!! :thumbup:

Shell--I don't think your weight gain is abnormal at all!! Especially since your little Bo is growing so well!!

Not much going on for me today, except for lots of meetings at work.

Oh, and Hooray for 3d Trimester!!! :happydance::dance::wohoo: I can't believe it!!

Hope you ladies have a lovely day!

Vix - Sorry to hear that your past birth experiences were traumatic. Hope this one will be easy breezy. :flower: Hope the headaches & swelling settle down soon. My OH has the same take on 4D scans. He thinks they're anything but normal looking. Time will tell if he goes for it.

Sparkle - Great news on your scan. Very nice pics! Now you need to post one of your bump. :winkwink:

Amber - Yay for making it to 3rd tri! :) Glad to hear that everything went well with your grandmother's surgery. Hope you get some R&R this week. How's the nursery set-up coming along by the way? Are you done with the painting?

Milos - Glad to hear that Squiggle is starting to turn around. Great job on the bargain shopping! :thumbup: It's so nice when you get a good deal, isn't it? Good luck on the rest of the shopping.

Beth - What you're feeling is completely normal. Just try to stay as positive as you can. Everything will be fine, and that feeling you'll get when you see your LO will be just magical. It will all be so worth it! I'll be thinking on you on Friday.

Pixie - Glad to see that everything is going well. Cute avatar pic!

Shell - Enjoy your trip with your friends. Sounds lovely!

Doc appt next Friday for me. Excited about it, even though we won't be having a scan. The gender scan still seems ages away, grrrrr! Question for you state side ladies. Did you have any additional scans after the gender scan? (not including the elective 3D/4D scan).

We went looking for strollers again, and think that we've really narrowed down our selections. I think we'll be able to pin down our final selection at the next window shopping visit. OH is already getting impatient to buy things for Coco. Right now he's on a mission to research cribs. He's realizing how much variety there is out there. :haha:

p.s. Sorry if I stirred up some concerns about the weight gain issue. Didn't mean to. :blush:

Have a great day everyone!

Hey Ladies,

Sorry I haven't been on for a while, but I have been checking in on you all now and again!

Well I hope you are all well and enjoying this glorious weather!

Can't believe how quick the second trimester went! Lets hope the third is just as quick!

Not much to report from me, I have a midwife app on friday and then hopefully nothing until 32 weeks when I have to have a scan as I have a low lying placenta although they only picked this up at 25 weeks, I am really hoping it has moved as I really don't want to have a C section!

I was reading about weight gain and I really think everyone is different, I have put on about 12lbs so far.

xx

Neffie--To answer your question about scans, I am told that in low risk pregnancies, they do another scan sometime in the 30s to check the placental placement, baby's positioning, etc.; however, I do not know for sure. Because of my pregnancy being high risk (due to my high blood pressure and the GD), I have to have a scan every few weeks to check on Grace's growth, so I am not really the norm.

On cribs, have you checked out https://www.simplybabyfurniture.com/ ? They have a lot of nice things there, all different kinds and even sell the cribs with sets if you like. This is where I found Grace's set, that I totally adore! Also, we got a 25% discount on the crib mattress by ordering through them (and it looks like that offer may still be going on), which was an added bonus! They even tell you what mattresses best fit the crib you select. And they are very good and reliable to work with, we had a great experience ordering from them!

As for Grace's nursery, only partially painted thus far. With the in-law invasions we had from both sides this past month, it threw our plans off a bit, but we plan on finishing up this weekend if possible, then I get to put the crib and dresser together! So excited!!!!

Bellas--Happy 3d trimester to you also!

Shelleny--Happy 3d to you too tomorrow!

I can't believe how time has flown by!

It is so lovely reading about how wonderful everything is going for all you lovely ladies and your babies.. gives me lots of hope that I too will be there in a short time.. :) You all will be posting pics of your babies and I will be there where you all are.. yay..

I cant wait..

Neffie I had a few after my gender, dont know if its typical though, as my dd was always measuring small so we had to make sure she was growing... dont know if i will get any more this time around though.. skipping the 12 weeks genetic scan, so I dont have one until im 20 weeks.. 10 more to go till i see peanut again.. hope it flies by..

Happy 3rd Tri for yesterday, Amber!! :happydance:

Happy 3rd Tri for today, Bellas!! :yipee:

Happy 3rd Tri to meeeeeee!! :wohoo:

Wow welcome to 3rd Tri ladies! Officially on countdown now! So exciting x

Hi everyone!!

First happy third tri Shell, amber, & Bellas!!

Second thanks for pointing out my Vday shell I hadn't realized!! This is a comforting thought!

Afm I find the weight convo interesting... as of now I am up about 15 lbs. I cant wait we have 10 more days till our 3d scan, and finally finding out what team we are on!!

Happy 3rd Tri ladies.. getting along nicely.. :)

13 days till I hit the wonderful 12 week mark.. :) and my next appt.

Amber - Thanks for the info! Will definitely take a look at what they have to offer.

Bella/Shell - Happy 3rd tri to both of you! Time sure has flown by...

Lil - Happy 10 weeks! If you don't mind me asking, why are you skipping the 12 week scan?

I finally announced my pregnancy to a few of my co-workers. They were in absolute shock when they learnt that I was already 15 weeks. I guess I could have easily kept things hush hush for a while longer, but I was ready to tell my close friends at work. :winkwink: The others will be waiting for a few more weeks.

Neffie.. I do get a quick peek.. I was told i wasnt going to get a scan unless i did the genetic screening as well.. and im young and healthy so I didnt want to do that, so didnt think i would be getting one.. I called the dr's nurse and explained that i mc'ed my first at 12 weeks and i love to be able to take a quick peek at baby to see everything is okay and she told me that shouldnt be a problem..

I love my dr..

Yay for telling ppl.. and being 15 week already..

Happy 3rd tri to Bellas, Amber and Shell! What a happy trio! :flower:

Happy V-day Imp! - When are you going to do your maternity shoot?

Lil - You're nearly 12 weeks...I know how much that means for you...I'm so happy you will get to see the little one - it's so nice to actually have a good relationship with your doctor.

Bellas - I've got a low lying placenta - I think Imp has one too (correct me if I'm wrong hon) - While it's somewhat of a risk...normally everything is fine as long as it is not covering the cervix. I'm a bit nervous as well since I want to avoid a C-section as well. I have my scan at 32 weeks as well to see where we are at...fingers crossed for both of us!

Amber - Can't wait to see pics of your nursery!

Neffie - That's so cool you're telling people. It's fun to finally have it out in the open.

Re: Weight...I've put on about 6-8 pounds but that was like 4 weeks ago and bump and baby have grown considerably since then - I think I'm probably up at least 10 - 15 now but I agree everyone is different and as long as mom and babe are healthy and flourishing then there's no issue.

AFM: I met my doula tonight and hired her on the spot...she's amazing and I love her already...I'm so happy that I made this decision and lucky since doulas aren't recognized in France so the fact that she is living near me and a practicing doula is a miracle. Another surprise is that I am leaving my OBGYN who OH and I never liked anyways and I'm going to try to have a homebirth as there are 2 midwives in the area who are trained and qualified to do it. I'm calling them tomorrow. The hospital will always be my back up and I'm switching doctors to another OBGYN that my doula suggested who is open to natural birthing and who works at my hospital as well. It was a wonderful appointment! I feel completely supported and not lost anymore.

Shell, no need to apologies, this forums for discussing stuff, and my other two pregnancy I put on 28+ with each lol but I'm sure as I have 8 weeks left ill be piling it on as soon as I finish work lol when pregnant with jess and zack I only worked part time and tbh it wasn't physical work, where as my full time job is as I'm ony my feet for around 9hrs a day! I will enjoy eating cream buns watching jeremry kyle when my mat leave starts lol!! Yay!!

Xx

Congratulations on third tri Amber, bellas and shellney - wow can't believe we are all here! Seems like just a few days ago we were all panicking about the 6 week scans x

Neffie - I hope you are enjoying spreading your good news, it is lovely telling people you are expecting x

Bellas - I have a low lying palcenta too so I have another scan at 34 weeks to see if it has shifted. i hope it has cause like you I want to avoid a section!

Grand - brilliant news on your doula she sounds perfect and I am so excited that you are going to try a home birth. I would have considered it but we are a long way form the hospital for backup and also I live in a terraced house with thin walls - the thought of my (very single, very male!) neighbour hearing me in labour is very off putting. Also cause I work in a medical environment thankfully I feel very comfortable in our midwiffe led unit and can't wait to get in that pool!

As for the weight discussion - i am too horrified to say how much I have gained - I think compared to you gals it is safe to say I have gained too much!!! Never mind hopefully plenty dog and baby walking after birth will get it shifted. A friend of mine described how she felt being heavily pregnant the other day on facebook - 'like a constipated duck that had been shagged by an elephant!' I think I know how she feels xxx

My scan is tomorrow and I'm still nervous, but the excitement is starting to equal (if not overpower) the nerves. This IS our forever baby. It is. I gotta keep that thought in my head. :)

If things go well tomorrow (and they WILL), we are heading out of town to go see my mom for her birthday. We'll be telling her our news (our GOOD news) as part of her birthday surprise. Funny thing is, last year, my mom joked that for her birthday this year, she wanted another grandchild. If we didn't have the mc in December, the baby would've been born within the last month. She's been kinda down about that, so I'm really excited that I can surprise her with her birthday wish anyways! I know it's a bit early (at 10 weeks), but I really want this telling to be special for her and for us. Once we tell her though, the chain will start and the news will spread without us saying another word. Hopefully, it will stay within the family only for another few weeks.

That's a lot of PMA for all of the nervousness I'm feeling! I can't wait to update you guys on what we find out tomorrow (even though the update may be next week due to our trip out of town). You all are such a great support team! Thank you!

Thanks Grand.. i cant wait.. only 13 more days.. :) less than two weeks now.. and so happy to hear about your doula.. hope you get that homebirth..

Beth - Good luck on your scan today! What happy news to share with your mom...she will be over the moon.

Milos - Seems like you have a good plan. I would love to be at a birth center or midwife led place but unfortunately doesn't exist here. Luckily the hospital is about 10-15 minutes away and I will definitely register in case something were to go wrong. I understand what you mean about neighbors...we've got some as well and I thought about that - the doula just said put a note on the door and that way they don't think OH is torturing me LOL...oh well...:wacko:

Lil - I was the same way as you since I lost wee nut at 12 weeks...it's such an important milestone. I'm sure this time everything will go smoothly.

Wanted to hop in and wish Beth good luck with your scan today hun, I will be thinking of you! I also hope you have a wonderful weekend with your mom!

Will catch up with everyone else in a little bit, got a bunch of things dumped on me at work when I came in today! argh! :comp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->