Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

I just hopped on here to update everyone. The scan went so well. Baby is doing great and had a super fast, super strong heartbeat! I held it together until we were in the car on the way home and I just exploded a huge mess of emotions. Poor DH! He comforted me and was so great today. I know he'll made a good father. :)

Now we are about to leave for my mom's and I'm getting so excited about sharing this with her now!

Thanks, you guys for all of the thoughts and prayers and well wishes today. It means a lot to me to know such a wonderful group of understanding ladies. :) :) :)

Wonderful news Beth! So happy for you, now go and give your mom her wonderful B-day present! :hugs:

Beth- fantastic news! Bless your dh too...

Grand- what great news about your doula. My sil birthed with a doula and she said it was a wonderful experience!

Lil- nearly there! I think the first tri really drags for us pal ladies... X

Amber- your nursery is going to be so beautiful! She's a lucky girl!

I've forgotten loads, sorry x

It's funny to read so many different ideas and experiences of birth. I think I'm so tainted by Cormacks birth still. I've been talking to my spirtualist a lot about it... I think it's great to have this place to discuss.

Thanks grand. As for the maternity shoot I think I'm going to wait until late Sept or Oct. I want to make sure I have a good bump for the photos. Lol

Time to take that warmer off my seat and move over ladies, I got my :bfp: this morning - just praying I can stay here for the duration...

More details when it finally sinks in!!

Attachments

• IMG_2438.jpg
    IMG_2438.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 7
New that is amazing news... welcome over hun... cant wait to hear all about it.. looks like the holiday did you good.. :)

CONGRATS ON YOUR BFP:happydance::happydance::happydance::flower:

Happy Monday Girls!

Beth - Fab news on your scan! I bet that was the best b-day gift your mom could have asked for. :flower:

New - :yipee: :happydance: YEAAAAHHHHHHH!!! :happydance: :headspin: So so so so very happy for you! All that fun in the sun, and relaxing sure paid off! Wishing you a very H&H pregnancy, and sending tons of sticky :dust: your way.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

We have our next appt scheduled for Friday. Even though we won't have a scan, we're still very excited! I have to say that the doppler has been a massive reassurance giver, as the time since my last appointment has literally been dragging by!! OH is out of town most of the week, so our next doppler check will be done via webcam, as I don't want OH to miss it.

In other not so good news, the pain in my uh hmmm, derriere is still very much there. :( As crazy as this sounds, I'm worried about that pain more than labor pains. That's one reason I'll definitely be getting an epidural, as the pain has not gotten any better, and the doctor has already said that it's going to get worse as the baby grows. :dohh: Oh well, I'll endure whatever I need to to have my little Coco here safely. I'm sure the pain won't come remotely close to the joy of finally having him/her in our arms.

New - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! wonderful news and absolutely thrilled for you! xx

New!!! :happydance::dance::yipee: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :yipee::dance::happydance:

So happy for you hun!!!!

Ahh New, congratulations, thats wonderful news!!

hey ladies, hope everyone is well!

I am feeling...weird... today, dont know how to describe it really, back ache, slight period type pains, baby is kicking so hard its like she is trying to force her way out of me and I have felt sick on and off for the last few hours. I am 99.9% certain nothing is "happening" if you know what I mean and I certainly hope not as I still have 5.5 weeks to go but thought I'd come on here and air my worries as it feels better to write it down xx

Kizzy - Maybe a nice warm bath or shower...play some soothing music and tell baby to relax a little - I talk to little blue when he gets a bit too feisty (on the ribs)...doesn't always work but it feels good to just let it out. Also having OH press your hips together while you're on your hands and knees or leaning on the edge of your couch or bed can help with back pain. Hope you feel better soon.

thanks hun, I am sure I am being a bit paranoid as one of my friends who was due 1st Sept gave birth yesterday and another friend gave birth this morning so its on my mind a lot! Feeling a bit better as the nights gone on though so am sure its nothing to worry about, tinks has been told in no uncertain terms that she needs to hold tight, at least til 37 weeks! Neil goes away for work on Wed til Fri, I will be distraught if it happens when he's not here! xx

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, New!!!!!!!!!!! :yipee:

Congratulations Hun!! :happydance:

I am soooo happy for you :)

xx

Hello Ladies and Babies :hi:

Imp - not long now til your 3D scan....how exciting! do you have an inkling at all about what team you might be on? I just knew Bo was a little girl from day one... ps, cant wait to see the pics from your maternity shoot!

neffie - congrats on announcing your news to your colleagues. and its funny that you couldve got away with keeping it quiet for longer. my colleagues has guessed by the time I was 10 weeks, as I had a small bump/bloat already! ps, hope your, ahem, issues dont get any worse as your pregnancy develops.

lilrojo - only another week til you hit the 12 week mark, and get your scan. I hope the time doesnt drag too slowly for you.

Grand - wonderful news on the doula front! so glad that you love her and have hired her. and welcome to my "homebirth club!" I was the only one in it until now. lol. Good luck!!

Vix - yeah, i bet you cant wait for your maternity leave to start. cream buns and Jeremy Kyle sounds brilliant!!

Milos - im sorry to hear that you feel so bad about your weight gain. I understand you not wanting to share the figure with us, but please dont feel ashamed at all. Im sure you have gained the perfect amount of weight that Squiggle needs. ps, I also loved the 'like a constipated duck that had been shagged by an elephant!' comment!!

Beth - what wonderful news about the scan! so glad that baby is doing well. and what a lovely birthday surprise for your Mom. We told our close relatives after our 7 week scan, which was abit early, but everything was fine. Good luck!!

Kizzy - sorry to hear that you were feeling "weird" last night. Im sure its just Tink getting into position, ready for 5 weeks time. Im sure she will wait until she's big enough and strong enough to come out (although I was born at 37 weeks, and weighed a healthy 6lbs10oz). Let us know whats happening...

AFM: I had a lovely theatre and shopping break in London with my friends Thurs/Fri last week. My bump was aching after 5 hours of walking up and down Oxford street though! Im doing a days work tomorrow - taking a group of kids from my school to a theme park for the day (although I cant go on any rides!) Im looking forward to it!

Hope you're all ok :friends:

xx

morning ladies, "panic" over, I didnt give birth last night and feeling ok today, I guess its just all the trials and tribs of pregnancy. Only 3 days of commuting to work left (including today) I am sure I'll be more relaxed once I finish. Was quite sad coming into Camden this morning to see shops smashed up and police everywhere due to the rioters and looters last night. Very, very sad scenes in London and other cities, stay safe ladies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->