Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

ROLL ON XMAS :D :D :D sorry just wanted to get that off my chest :D

Sorry I've not been on much, feel too :sick:

Any tips for how to deal with almost constant queasy feeling, its getting me down. Feel hungover from about 10am to 8pm.

Supposed to be out in the sunshine helping DH with the gardening but just hiding inside and feel like crying.

Don't know how I'll cope with work.
So ungrateful aren't I?

Oh New :hugs:
I felt exactly the same back when I was in 1st tri.
I made sure I ate little and often. had lots of little snacks, like crackers, oatcakes, plain biscuits, etc, all throughout the day.
I wore those travel sickness bands you can buy in chemists.
And if I felt like crap, I just stayed in bed until I felt better. Dont worry about chores, etc, this is far more important. Nap whenever you get the chance, coz its likely you will wake up feeling better.
Finally....by 13 weeks, it had completely gone. and I have enjoyed every moment since! dont feel guilty or ungrateful - these 3 months are tough!
Good luck! :thumbup:
xx

Hi everyone!! Just wanted to pop in before I leave. Heading to Vegas for work today. This week just may kill me. lol Long work days, late nights; Eat, work, and sleep. I wont be seeing the sun after today until Friday. Anyway, see you all in a week! Hope it goes smoothly for everyone!!

Hope you don't get to tired Imp.

New - Shell is right don't feel guilty about how you feel. It is awful. I still get bouts of sickness every so often now and it reminds of just how hard the 1st few months were. I did find that eating little and often a bit of whatever I felt like helped. I was only ever sick a couple of times but felt sick nearly all of the time. If I went to the loo in the early hours then I couldn't get back to sleep because I felt sick. Just remember that it will pass and you will start to feel better. I know thats probably not much consolation right now though. XX

Thanks Shell & Bean - useful tips. I will be loading up on healthy snacks then and probably fizzy water as I don't like tonic water.
I think the food aversions are starting too. DH suggested sausage & mash for tea and I nearly threw up - have been wanting it all week too...
So we're having quiche and homemade wedges with salad instead. The thought of sunday dinner makes me :sick: too.
I'm allowed quiche as long as its cooked - is that right?

Yeah, quiche is fine as long as its cooked properly.
I remember spending 2 hours cooking me and OH a delicious roast dinner one sunday. I had been looking forward to it all week.
But when I sat down to eat it....I changed my mind, and pushed it away :sick:
Just eat whatever you fancy, and whatever you can keep down.....
xx

Hugs New... hope the sicky feeling goes soon.. but it is a good sign.. :) just rest and eat.. i lived on cracker for a while until i started my cravings.. lol so hope you get plenty of rest.. Your sailing through already almost 6 weeks.. wahoo

That is so right shell. You really fancy something but you need it there and then. By the time it is cooked you don't fancy it anymore. Uggghhhhh.

Fizzy water definetly helped aswell new. XX

Thanks guys - its so nice to have friends who know what I'm going through....
Feel tons better than I did this morning.
On afternoons at work this week (new shift system) so working 12.30 - 8pm so here's hoping I can get over the sick feeling in the morning so by the time I get to work, I feel a bit better.
Think my mistake this morning was that I had got up at 8am and hadn't eaten anything.
Won't make that mistake again - so hard though when you just don't fancy breakfast items - ended up with a breaded chicken breast on a bun at 10.30 am :haha:

Hugs New... hope the sicky feeling goes soon.. but it is a good sign.. :) just rest and eat.. i lived on cracker for a while until i started my cravings.. lol so hope you get plenty of rest.. Your sailing through already almost 6 weeks.. wahoo

Thanks Logan - hadn't thought of it like that - almost half way through the crap bit (hopefully)
Still in denial that there's actually a baby in there though - so hard to imagine it actually being alive after my experience of last time.
Hope I can get a scan by 7-8 weeks to make it more real.

New, i had a packet of "rich tea" biscuits in my bedside table drawer. I used to eat 2 or 3 the minute I woke up, before getting out of bed. That helped me :flower:
xx

Yeah New like shell said keep a snack by your bed so when you first wake up you can eat.. and I know it still feels unreal to me as well, after two losses in a row... but this time is different for both of us.. :) Hope you can get in and get an early scan and be reassured all is well..

Hello everyone, hope you are all well!

New - sounds like your morning sickness if horrid, I agree with everyone elses advice eat first then get out of bed! I usually get up walk dog then breakfast but in the first few months I had to have breakfast then dog walk - Milo was not impressed with the change of routine! I hope your sickness goes away quickly - mine was gone by 13-14 weeks but now its been replaced by the joys of heartburn!

Imp - hope your week in vegas is not too tiring, looking forwards to hearing about it when you get back.

AFM - had my dad here for the last 5 days painting the nursery and it looks lovely. The furniture is now iin place (well wardrobe and chest of drawers) and I have been putting all the bits and bobs I have bought so far in the drawers and cupboard today. Makes it all feel a bit more real! Still lots to buy though and to arrange to collect all the bits we are borrowing from other people especially the moses basket and cot!

xxx

Hey new I agree with all the other girls about ms and don't feel guilty for feeling rotten, you're entitled to not like feeling sick no matter how much you want
Your baby :)

Milos I hear you on the heartburn, it's a biatch!! Your nursery sounds like ours, it's getting there tho and I am super excited about being able to start getting bits and pieces in drawers etc, will post some pics by the end of thus week hopefully :)

Hey ladies! I promise to catch up with you all later today or tomorrow am, life has been very hectic this past weekend, with family events, my family coming in tomorrow and DH out to California for a few days on Wed. But I have been keeping up and reading!

Just wanted to let you know that we had our ultrasound today and Grace is doing just fine, she is back into the 70th percentile where she was before, and everything is perfect! Phew! I don't have any good pictures unfortunately because she was head down, facing my back! But we did manage to get a good picture of her foot, haha! I told the frustrated tech (who was trying so hard to get us a good pic!) not to feel bad, we have so many wonderful pics from past scans, we were just so relieved that she is so healthy! (She's actually a little chunky right now weighing in at 3lbs, 15 oz!).

Arrrrrgh! worst nights sleep ever! :growlmad: Didnt get a minutes sleep. Just tossed and turned all night.

Then, at about 3am, I was just dozing off when red hot acid scorched up through my throat and into my mouth. I started choking and gasping for breath, it was awful. I finally calmed down, but its happened again about 20 minutes later :(

Now, Ive been having heartburn for quite a few weeks now, but nothing a glass of milk or a few Tums wont fix. But now im scared its gonna be like last night, for the next 9 weeks....:cry:

Sorry for the pity party, im just soooo tired and stressed (and I feel bad that OH has to go to work everyday on no sleep).
Thanks for listening :flower:

Ahh Shell, you poor love, heartburn is such a bitch!! I have Rennie tablets and a bottle of gaviscon next to my bed which I tend to take in the middle of every night, I am sure lying down doesnt help it too much. you can get a huge bottle of gaviscon on prescription from your doctor too which is good and both are safe in pregnancy, good luck!

I, on the other hand, have been trying to nap this morning and keep waking myself up with my own snoring!! URGH!! so bad, I really hope this goes away once bubba is here, I think both Neil and I are over my snoring! haha! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->