Femmes Fetales - (PAL) Holding onto Hope 9 months and on...

Thanks Neffie.. I know seems to be going fast.. look at you though.. 21 weeks over half done.. :)

Good morning/afternoon/evening ladies!

Sparkle--I absolutely love C's nickname for the bump, it is adorable! Good luck house hunting today! I hope you find something perfect!

milos--glad that you had a good time at your reunion! :thumbup::thumbup: Two thumbs up on the placental movement and Squiggle being so clever and moving head down! I hope you had a wonderful time at your shower!

Kizzy--how are you progressing today hun?!

Bean--Have you chatted with your MD about any restrictions about what you can/cannot do at work? It seems to me you are doing a lot of uncomfortable physical things in your new position. I am not so sure they are trying to get rid of you as opposed to just being clueless about the challenges you face in being moved like that.

Pixie--Happy 37 weeks hun! Wow, 2 ladies at term, I can't wait to see our thread filling up with baby pics!!

Grand--So glad to have you back hun, like the others, I was starting to get worried!! Glad to hear you and little blue are doing well and enjoying the water! Also, congrats on maternity leave, more time for you to relax and get your feet up!

Neffie--can't wait to see the nursery pics!! As for changing table, we debated getting one and then decided not to. We have a changing pad and are placing that on top of a chest we are putting in the nursery. We are also just going to use a changing mat on regular table downstairs if she needs changed down there. We just could not figure out a use for the changing table afterwards, and didn't want to spend the money on one as a result!

lil--good luck with your appointment on wed. hun! Will be thinking of you!

New--I read what you posted about your report, and I agree with the other ladies. Definitely get a followup ultrasound, the dates could indeed be off. I know it is hard right now not to get your hopes up, but if the dates are indeed off, it could be that your little one may still develop a hb. I am going to keep my fx'd and say lots of prayers for you. :hugs:

AFM: Busy couple weeks ahead for me at work. Other supervisor is off, so I am in charge! A bit overwhelmed on the baby side as I have so many appointments now (twice a week!), an u/s on Monday and a shower on Saturday! I am hoping to have at least one more weekend of sanity and quiet sometime before Grace comes, not sure if I will get it or not though!

Hello to the rest of you ladies!

whoop, just got a message that the artwork we picked out for the nursery will be delivered today! :happydance:

We got 3 pictures of fairies and their dragons from https://www.mollyharrisonart.com/ . I absolutely fell in love with the artwork there for a nursery setting. I am a HUGE dragon/fantasy nut, but my personal tastes tend to run a bit more mature, so when I found this site, I went nuts! I still got Grace her dragons but so much softer and with little fairies!

Right Ladies! So I havent caught up with you all properly since last week, so here it goes....

neffie - how sweet of DH to go out and buy all those outfits for Coco! and how exciting that you are starting the nursery - cant wait to see the pics when its finished. regarding the changing table, have you thought of a "cot-top changer"? I dont know if they are just a UK thing, but we have one, and its a great little invention...

Kizzy - I cant believe you are in your final few days! how exciting! sorry that nothing you are trying is working yet...maybe you will have to go for the dreaded S-E-X?

Milos - sounds like you are having a great time at the moment! The uni-reunion sounds fun, and how lovely of your friends to throw you a baby shower!

Bean - sorry to hear of the issues you are having at work. I work at a special needs school, and most of the children in my class have severe challenging behaviours. When I told my boss I was pregnant at 6 weeks, we filled out a risk assessment together. She offered for me to move to another class, one where the children are all unfortunately wheelchair-bound. However, I refused, as I love the children in my class dearly, and decided that I would just not put myself in any dangerous situations, and leave the room when a child started "kicking off". But I was given the option to move, and so should you be... Good luck!

Pixie - wow, full term already! so it will be a competition between you and Kizzy to see who pops first! we shall see.....

Sparkle - I adore Cormack's name for your little girl! Apple Alice is so cute!! actually, Alice is on our list of top 3 girls names at the moment... and your bedroom decorating ideas are so sweet!

Lil - i cant believe that you are 16 weeks already! woohoo!!

Amber - sounds like you have a very busy few weeks ahead of you. please take the time to rest whenever you can, I wouldnt want you to overdo it and make yourself ill. I like the sound of your "fairies and dragons" decorations. We are a bit boring, and going for the more traditional "butterflies and flowers". lol.

AFM: OH and I finished the nursery at the weekend!! i am in love with it, and keep going in to have a little look around. I just cant believe that we have a nursery in the house - that means that we have a baby!!! haha. Its all starting to become more real! I will take photos of the nursery tomorrow, and post them on here straight away.

Hope you are all well, my wonderful Femmes Fetales :hugs:

xx

Ooh Shell, I can't wait to see the pics! I so love nursery pics! And I am the same as you, I will go in and stand around in Grace's room, just staring. DH thinks I'm a bit wacko about it, but I just love being in there and imagining her in her crib, etc.

KIZZY- I think i may be the next due after u?? im 37 and 3days.....
Ive been reading about pineapple..... but according to google (my best freind0 it has to be fresh, and you usually have to eat 5+!!!
Nipple stimulation isnt filling me with joy, i mean come on who wants to sit there playing with there boobs for a hour 3 times a day!! NOT ME!!
CASTER OIL...... had it with my son, terrible shits and labour 24 hrs later, but i also had a stretch and sweep same day so cant be sure.... i dont think id try it again unless i go 2 weeks over again!
Walking.... im having alot of pelvic pain now and docs have given me codeine to control it, i dont like taking them but even driving is painful at the moment, so im taking the min does if i really need it!
Sex..... Cant even roll over in the bed lol
Curry- Cant stand the stuff lol
looks like ill be pregnant forever!!

Cant belive you have less than a week left.... how quick have these 9 months gone!! im excited and gutted for it all to be nearly over!! i will so have the bottom lip out if people who are due after me go before me he he!!

xx

Here is my newest baby bump at 37weeks

Attachments

• belly.jpg
    belly.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 5
Ohh..3 term ladies! I am getting excited now!

Congrats on 37 weeks Vix! I can't wait to hear how you progress from here on out, please keep us posted! And what a lovely bump!!!!

Oh Vix, sorry! yes, you and Pixie are both 37 weeks now!
Im loving your bump pic - its dropped quite low, hasnt it?
I hope that Libby comes soon, so that you can become more comfortable.
Let us know how it goes.....
xx

Great bump vix, love it, mine is pretty low too ( have to hold it up to "shave" these days haha) and it's so weird that it's still all wobbly underneath when the top is so hard, not looking forward to the whole of it being wobbly
Afterwards, yum!! I feel the same as you on most of the bring on
Labour things, I get bored after 10 mins on my ball and all the other things prob don't really help anyway, I thought the full moon might do it last night but no!

O/t have you seen there's a film coming out called tinker tailor soldier spy? As you know we call baby tinks (tinker) because our surname is taylor, and the film
Comes out on tinks's due date! How weird is that!??

Also o/t if any of you are on fb and fancy adding on there (thinking we might get more updates and baby pics as our bubba's come along) feel free to add me, my name is Kirsty Taylor, my pic is of me standing under an advert for that film :) just message with the request so i know who you are from here xx

Wow not on for a day and loads and loads of posts.

Grand great to see you are back.

Hello everyone.... XXXX

Thanks for advice. I think that I am just very hormonal and feel like a bit of a newbie in there as it is noth where I was before. Anyhow have seen mw and she has said that because of thyroid etc... i could get a sick note. Feel guilty about that tough so going to see if my head will agree to me bringing mat leave forward. I get scared seeing my head though. How sad am I. Thanks again.

Kizzy - how strange that the film comes out on Tinks due date!! Maybe its Fate and she will be born on that day? I know hardly any babies ever come on their due date, but my little brother did (nearly 14 years ago), so it does happen.
Keep us posted!!
xx

just a quick question... is it normal that i havent start leaking milk yet? im scared incase i dont produce any as i want to breastfeed for the first 6months.

I get a small amount (literally 1 drop of milk) about once a week.
Im hoping to breastfeed for at least a year if possible.

I wouldnt be worrying about it yet, Sam

xx

sam - try not to worry, im still not leaking any. My milk came in the moment baby was born last time. Everyone is different but that was my experience.

Kizzy - i am checking in daily for an announcement from you! I recon tinks will arrive on her due date now! What a coincidence with the film!

Vix - we are only 1 day apart! Its come around so quick! hope you are feeling ok.

Shell - looking forward to seeing your nursery pics!

Hello to anyone ive missed xxx

AFM - lots of pressure and and very achy now but not expecting anything to happen just yet. We still have no names chosen so need a little more time. Have mw app tomorrow, my last one unless i reach 41 weeks! (which i really hope i don't) Still feeling that baby is a boy... not long until we find out and im so excited! I am really starting to worry about how my son will take to the new baby, i don't think he quite understands whats going on! x

thanks Pixie hun, I am hoping to make an anouncement soon too, you and Vix will prob have your bubba's before me now! I found RLT in Tesco today so gonna have some in a bit, I cant say it appeals to me though, maybe washed down with a Double Decker it will taste better hehe!

I am sure your son will love the new bubba, you'll just have to make sure he gets lots of attention too, I am sure everyone will carry on spoiling him aswell and he'll be a very cool and protective older brother, excited to see what you have!!

Shell and Sam good for you on feeding, I am hoping to do 6 weeks or so and see how I get on, I know I might do longer if I really like it but I would like for baby not to be too dependent on only me but who knows how I'll feel when she's here. Just took a bump pic with my new camera but cant work out how to get it on my laptop - DOH!!

When I say Im hoping to feed for 12months or more, thats just how I feel now. I may not enjoy it, LO may not take to it, it just may not be possible. Who knows? I will just end up doing whats best for us both. No pressure.

Yes Kizzy. I am doing a birth plan. Need to start it this week actually! But they do say to not be too strict with it, and to stay flexible if things dont go to plan....
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->