FET and breastfeeding

haleiwamama

Benji's mom and TTC #2
Reaction score
I'd like to know from people that have done an FET while breastfeeding what their protocol and outcomes were like...

I saw my RE and he wants me to wean... I obviously dont want to... people say "wait a little longer", but the reality is that unless I wait until my son is 3 years old, the challenge will be the same. Im starting on bcp in January...

My plan is:
- not take the estrogen bcp the doctor prescribes; switch to minipill instead
- take estrogen and progesterone as prescribed and pray that it doesnt affect my milk supply (already cleared with the pediatrician)
- skip medrol and antibiotics... for 2 reasons: 1) there's no proof they actually help with implantation and 2) they're schedule C drugs, known to get through the placenta barrier

Here is one of the articles I read about this:
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/...off-label-use-of-dex-during-pregnancy/267187/

Wanted to get opinions from people that have actually done FETs while nursing...

BFing hormones (lactose I think) can stop your body ovulating acting as a contraception. Therefore it is bound to work against the IVF drugs.
How old is your baby?

Only you can decide what you want to do but I stopped BF when DS was 14 mths to assist my chances of conception. He was a natural conception but I've since been through just about every assistance known to man, and about to try IVF.

I weaned my lg after speaking to the clinic. She was 1 year old but by that point we were only doing night feeds. Started second cycle after I stopped, natural fet with no meds and resulted in bfp. Pleased to say she's now 25 days old

I would stop because it can reduce the chances of it working

My baby is 7.5 months old today and I would get started with bcp in the next week or two, depending on my period. He nurses mornings and nights but the problem is that he uses me as a pacifier. Ive tried to get him to use the paci but he just looks so confused with that thing in his mouth (it's pretty funny actually).

How old is your baby?

Only you can decide what you want to do but I stopped BF when DS was 14 mths to assist my chances of conception. He was a natural conception but I've since been through just about every assistance known to man, and about to try IVF.

What did the doctor say was the reason for your secondary infertility?

I weaned my lg after speaking to the clinic. She was 1 year old but by that point we were only doing night feeds. Started second cycle after I stopped, natural fet with no meds and resulted in bfp. Pleased to say she's now 25 days old

I would stop because it can reduce the chances of it working
The thing is both breastfeeding and FET timing are equally important to me...I want my babies very close in age and if I dont transfer in Feb than I would have to wait at least two months so I dont have a christmas baby...

I know several women have successfully done this... I just need to find them and pick their brains.

I think you should speak with the clinic. You are lucky that your 1st FET worked.

I don't know your story before that but failed treatment cycles can become very warying. Once you've been trying for 4 years, you wouldn't give a toss on the timing of a baby, Christmas or not!

I think you should speak with the clinic. You are lucky that your 1st FET worked.

I don't know your story before that but failed treatment cycles can become very warying. Once you've been trying for 4 years, you wouldn't give a toss on the timing of a baby, Christmas or not!

Our problem was male infertility factor, luckily we found out within the year so I never had to TTC for that long... but I see where you're coming from... I didn't mean to be insensitive. I just always saw the ability to calculate your due date as a positive side of fertility treatments... Plus everyone I know that has a birthday around xmas dislikes it... so I would rather give my baby a better birthday month. Im sorry if I offended you, it wasnt my intention. I hope your IVF works the first time around. baby dust!

It's ok, I'd guessed that although you had been pushed down the IVF road you'd had a fairly easy time of it.
Remember to take the time to enjoy every day with your baby. There were times I've been so focused on TTC that I've forgotten to count the blessing I have.

We conceived our son without assistance, just a bucket full of luck. We didn't think we'd need anything more than clomid or femara to get baby 2 but the whole road has been long and tiring I no longer have any hope left. IVF is my last ditch attempt. If it works great, if it doesn't then I have tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->