FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer) - who has done it, who is doing it.....

Lisa, I'm sorry to hear about what's going on with the embryos. It seems like it's a never-ending list of things that can derail our ability to make this dream come true. I hope you and your husband have a lot of support and get through this rough time. Take care.

Hi everyone,
Just thought I would give an update. I had my 6 week ultrasound on friday and it did not go well at all. Baby A did not make it (sack was shrinking) and baby B has a "borderline' enlarged yolk sack. The RE said it is usually indicative of chromosomal abnormalities incompatible with life and only gave me a 50/50 chance of not miscarrying, although we did see a heartbeat. Well, today, 3 days later my symptoms have virtually subsided, so I fear I have lost this one as well. I will know for sure next week friday for my follow up ultrasound. I have spent the last 3 days morning the loss of my babies. My husband is still optimistic so I feel very sad. This was our last attempt at IVF's, we have run out of $ and emotional capacity. I think we are moving toward being DINK's (dual income no kids) but will know for sure in a few days....

Good luck to the rest of you on your journeys. Best wishes to you all!

Lisa

oh no :hugs::hugs: I hope that the symptoms mean nothing and that the baby will make it. Ive not heard about the yolk sac thing before. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I had my 7 week ultrasound today and saw the heartbeat, it was wonderful. but still have 5 weeks to get through. Im terribly nauseous and been in bed all week.

Lisa,
I am saying a prayer for your right now. I will keep you in my prayers.

Hi everyone,
Just thought I would give an update. I had my 6 week ultrasound on friday and it did not go well at all. Baby A did not make it (sack was shrinking) and baby B has a "borderline' enlarged yolk sack. The RE said it is usually indicative of chromosomal abnormalities incompatible with life and only gave me a 50/50 chance of not miscarrying, although we did see a heartbeat. Well, today, 3 days later my symptoms have virtually subsided, so I fear I have lost this one as well. I will know for sure next week friday for my follow up ultrasound. I have spent the last 3 days morning the loss of my babies. My husband is still optimistic so I feel very sad. This was our last attempt at IVF's, we have run out of $ and emotional capacity. I think we are moving toward being DINK's (dual income no kids) but will know for sure in a few days....

Good luck to the rest of you on your journeys. Best wishes to you all!

Lisa

oh no :hugs::hugs: I hope that the symptoms mean nothing and that the baby will make it. Ive not heard about the yolk sac thing before. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I had my 7 week ultrasound today and saw the heartbeat, it was wonderful. but still have 5 weeks to get through. Im terribly nauseous and been in bed all week.

YAY on the hb!!!!!!!!!!!! Mine is tomorrow and I so can't wait!!!

Sarah, don't know if you know this but 9 weeks is the critical point not 12, if you get passed 9 weeks and baby is happy and healthy your chance of miscarriage reduces remarkably. It has to do with the placenta taking over for the yoke sac at that time I think. --> the point of me telling you this is hopefully that you won't worry to much or longer then you feel you need to.

Sarah, don't know if you know this but 9 weeks is the critical point not 12, if you get passed 9 weeks and baby is happy and healthy your chance of miscarriage reduces remarkably. It has to do with the placenta taking over for the yoke sac at that time I think. --> the point of me telling you this is hopefully that you won't worry to much or longer then you feel you need to.

thank you I didnt know that! although I wont have another scan till 12 weeks so I suppose i wont know if I made it through unless I start bleeding. Its all so nerve-wracking!

It really is. I have a Doppler that kept me sane through out the early days.

Got a question for those who've done FET: What was your treatment cycle? Like what CD did you start down regging then what cd did you start thickening the lining then what cd was transfer? Was there a period while d.regging before starting thickening? I'm trying to figure out what to expect.

I got mine off ebay it's called sonotrax and is very sensitive, I picked up my sons HB just before 9 weeks and my daughters at 8 weeks. I am also very small as I believe it's easier to hear due to less in-between.

Can you answer my question above re FET?

I start vivelle patches on CD1, for 10-14 days or until my lining is thick. I then start PIO and 5 days later have transfer. (and continue PIO)

I'm kind of nervous about the thaw process. we have two blasts. are the success rates good? just would like to hear about success stories.

I start vivelle patches on CD1, for 10-14 days or until my lining is thick. I then start PIO and 5 days later have transfer. (and continue PIO)

I'm kind of nervous about the thaw process. we have two blasts. are the success rates good? just would like to hear about success stories.

I am pregnant with my blasts (frozen as well)! DS was a frozen blast so yea I believe in them!! :)

Got a question for those who've done FET: What was your treatment cycle? Like what CD did you start down regging then what cd did you start thickening the lining then what cd was transfer? Was there a period while d.regging before starting thickening? I'm trying to figure out what to expect.

I did 3 weeks of BCP's and then I think the last week I started Lupron. Did that for 2 weeks even with af. Then I had a scan and started Estrace, Vivelle patches and then two weeks later PIO. Once I was ready, I had my transfer. No idea what CD all this was. It was so minipulated that days all ran together.

Ok so it should basically happen how I think it will, for me I'll call in my period when it comes, they'll call me within a week to 10 days to tell me if I start. Then assuming it's like ICSI I down regg starting at cd21 (I know I"ll be down regging cause they told me I would be) so I'll do that for likely 2 weeks like I did with ICSI, have a scan to confirm ovaries are quiet then start the thickening process at some point when AF comes which will last about two weeks then transfer so essentially it shouldn't be any shorter then an ICSI cycle which sucks! I was hoping it would be faster. Only thing is my cycles are longer so they may have me down regg longer till she shows.

Ok so it should basically happen how I think it will, for me I'll call in my period when it comes, they'll call me within a week to 10 days to tell me if I start. Then assuming it's like ICSI I down regg starting at cd21 (I know I"ll be down regging cause they told me I would be) so I'll do that for likely 2 weeks like I did with ICSI, have a scan to confirm ovaries are quiet then start the thickening process at some point when AF comes which will last about two weeks then transfer so essentially it shouldn't be any shorter then an ICSI cycle which sucks! I was hoping it would be faster. Only thing is my cycles are longer so they may have me down regg longer till she shows.

No it's not shorter. It drags IMO. Will you be doing the pill?? I only did because my ovaries were huge from the stim cycle in December. So instead of doing a month of Lupron, they did 3 weeks of the pill and then 2 weeks of Lupron.

No I shouldn't be my ovated are how they should be now I'd hope so after 18 weeks of pregnancy.

Just want to give you all a success story. My first round of ICSI in August 2010 resulted in 6 grade 1 embroyos. All day 3. As I was having treatment on the NHS, there policy is that if you have a good ammount of embroyos you should only put 1 back. Had one put back and result negative. I had 5 frozen embroyos left all day 3 and all grade 1. As we had to pay for the next treatment we waited 6 months. In February 2011 they got two embies out of the freezer they both thawed well. 1 embie was 8 cell the other had lost a cell but gained a cell in that day. The 2 were put back and 1 resulted in a single pregnancy. harriet is now 4 months old.

I didn't do a medicated cycle. I think this depends alot on the regularity of your AF. Mine was always regular and our situation was male factor. My cycle was a natural FET. I think this was so much better for me as I don't seem to cope with the hormones that you have to inject. I have 3 frosties left and I will try them in the future to give Harriet a brother or sister. My opinion of FET prior to treatment was that most of the time it was unsuccessful. I have obviously completely changed my thinking on this. It can and does work. Good luck to those of you attempting it, Keep the faithxx

No I shouldn't be my ovated are how they should be now I'd hope so after 18 weeks of pregnancy.

Just wanted to say, sorry for your loss. Hope FET works for youxx

Thanks Inky. I hope it works to. I think my sanity is hinged on it.

Maybebaby did you have your next scan yet to see how the one baby was doing? I think about you all the time and am hoping you got good news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->