Finally, my pink BFP**UPDATE Negative quantitative blood test & ultrasound**

ohio-mom-of-2

Reaction score
I think I finally got a BFP on a pink dye test! I did a FRER this morning and I have a line!!!

It's light pink. I don't know if you'll be able to see it but it is there!

I've been going nuts since September 25 when I got my first positive on a blue dye test. Have had about 20 positive blue dye tests since then but could not get a clear positive on a pink one so I kept thinking maybe the blue ones were false positives (after reading on here that so many people got false positives with blue ones.)

So, after all that, it's hard to believe I finally got a BFP!!!

Attachments

• 12.12.09 positive preg. test 1022.jpg
    12.12.09 positive preg. test 1022.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 316
Congrats! I'm lookin really hard but having a hard time seeing it though!

I called my OB dr's office this afternoon to make an appt. I started to tell the secretary I wondered if I needed an u/s because I am spotting. She had me talk to the nurse. The nurse freaked out and insisted that I go in for bloodwork *today* so I did and I have to go in for an u/s tomorrow morning.

Now I am worried. Before I was a little worried (but I guess maybe kind of just ignoring the spotting because I hate being tortured with procedures, ya know?)

Oh well. Whatever is is. I should find out tomorrow. I am praying for a healthy baby and hoping nothing is wrong.

YAY!! Congrats hunny!! I knew it was gonna come!

congrats hun and good luck with the bloods and ultrasound!!

congrats hun good luck with your bloods and ultrasound xx

Congrats! Praying for a sticky beanie!

Well, I had the u/s. The dr. said they didn't see anything in my uterus. She said the blood test they did yesterday was a quantitative one and it was only a 1 (negative). She said it's possible that it was wrong. But, I don't think so. I think they would have seen a "baby" on the u/s if I were pregnant. Disappointing :( but that's life.

The doctor did say it's possible that the negative blood test was wrong. But wouldn't they have been able to see something on the ultrasound if I were pregnant?

I guess they did the ultrasound because I haven't had a "normal" period since August 8. They didn't tell me why other than to "see how far along" I was. So disappointing. Still kind of hoping there's some chance the blood test was wrong but it's unlikely, I think. ? It was the kind of blood test that tells how far along you are, not the kind that says yes you are or no you aren't pregnant.

My OB dr. also said (after looking at the ultrasound) that the wall (lining?) of my uterus was 2 cm thick. She said if I don't get a period in two weeks to call and they will do a qualitative (yes or no) blood pregnancy test then put me on progesterone to make me have a period.

I had a baby a year ago and I am 40 years old.

I really thought maybe I was pregnant after having sooo many positive hpts...especially after the faint positive First Response one yesterday.

We weren't "trying" to have a baby but now I want one! :( (and my husband doesn't!) :(

Could the thick lining mean I am pregnant but that the u/s just couldn't pick it up yet? (Yes, I am grasping at straws.)

oh hunni your in a sticky situation of not knowing what is actually going on.
are you still testing?
maybe the blood test was wrong this does happen in certain women.
how far along would you be if you were pregnant? it could have been early to see it in the scan.
xx

oh what a confusing experience you are having :hugs: i hope you get an answer soon, and i hope its the one you want :hugs:

Was is rght when you said you got your 1st +hpt on the 25th of Sept? That would make you about 11 weeks now and they definatley would have picked something up on a u/s and bloods. Sorry you have to go through this confusing time.:hugs: Are they going to run one more blood test before they bring on af?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->