Finally success after 5 years unexplained infertility

We were told 10-14 business days and it was less than 10 but I don’t remember anymore - hopefully it’s not too long!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Years! Best of luck to everyone in the coming year, whatever your goals may be.

I had a pre FET consult with our doctor and we're going to be following the same protocol exactly as we did last time I got pregnant. I have a HSG and scratch scheduled for the 11th at 10:30am and 1 more month of depot lupron to go (oh joy!) but the timeframe for transfer is going to be late February early March. I'm excited!

The depot lupron has been kicking my butt though. The hot flashes are tough, even more tough than I remembered but it'll be worth it in the end.

No, we've elected and been encouraged to do a eSET (elective single embryo transfer) because of our success last time and because I'm "young". I actually agree and mentioned it to my doctor first during our first consultation but I think doing one at a time is ideal. I looooove my twins but I wouldn't want to have twins again. It was so so hard in the beginning.

I just did my second depot lupron shot this morning. 28 days from today we start prepping for transfer :D I'm so excited and I hope this month flies by!

So I had my HSG and scratch today. I thought I had been through some of the worst procedures regarding IVF/FET and boy was I wrong. For some reason this HSG hurt so bad! I was crying.

The beginning wasn't horrible but once my doctor tried to put the camera in, it was terrible. Torture is the only word I can use to describe the pain I felt. There were 2 problems, 1) the camera they have at this office isn't pliable 2) the way my cavity is she had to go straight up and then my cervix is sort of "around a corner" so she'd have to push down really hard on the camera probe to get it in through the cervix and obviously that is not comfortable.

After I started crying she asked me if I wanted to stop and try again another day (she was super supportive and nice) and I actually told her to try and dilate me more and then if that didn't work I'd have to reconsider if I wanted to do this procedure at all. Well, the dilation worked and while it was still painful it wasn't as bad as it had been originally. We got everything done. It was the worst 20 minutes of my life. Thankfully my husband was there and he was doing such a great job supporting/distracting me from what was going on.

Results: everything is perfect. I have no fibroids/polyps/scar tissue. She did a "tickle" ... the scratch and I barely felt that at all. She also did another practice transfer and that went smoothly ... so the transfer shouldn't be a problem at all. That was actually the 2nd practice transfer she did so that's good to know.

Oh and I had taken 1000mg and passed on the valium. In hindsight I wish I hadn't done that.

oh my goodness that sounds horrible...the things you do for your babies right? I am glad the process got a little more managable with the dilation. One step done!

I’m so sorry that it was so painful for you. Mine have always been very painful for me...to the point I get very anxious and can’t sleep the night before. It sucks all that we have to go through! But totally worth it.

So excited for you that your transfer is getting close!

A little update for everyone following.

Tentative transfer set for February 26th. The depot lupron is so rough this time! I'm having pretty horrible insomnia and hot flashes. I haven't slept through the night in probably ... 2-3 months. I know, I know cry me a river we all have kids but my kiddos are sleeping through the night, I'm not :(! It's pretty crappy. And it's not that I'm up once, it's that I wake up multiple times throughout the day and then from the hours of 3am-5:30am I can't get back to sleep. It's pretty miserable.

I have a baseline ultrasound on February 5th and then we start the vivelle patches shortly after that. I'm excited to start putting estrogen back into my system so that I can hopefully start getting some sleep. Fingers crossed!

I had hot flashes from the Lupron as well! Best of luck with your transfer..roll on February! :)

Oh wow! I haven't been on B&B in ages! I'm so happy to hear that you are trying for number 3! I wanted to wish you Good luck with your upcoming transfer! Fingers crossed, lots of good luck and tons of sticky baby dust is coming your way! I really hope that you get your BFP!!! :dust: :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->