finger food meal ideas!!

MissPiggy

Kayson and Bumpy-Sweep
Reaction score
i fear i have actually run out of ideas!! Currently KAyson is strictly finger food as he throws up on puree...

Chuck ideas at me!! From everything we give him he eats everything bvar mango.....he HATES mango.....

Also ive been naughty and bought prepacked egg noodles and mushroom stir fry...is he ok to hnave some too xxxx

My daughter will be a year in about a week. We have basically given her "big" people food for the last month or so. (She refuses to eat baby food). We basically give her whatever we are eating. We do try to give her a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables finger food size. We just cut whatever we are eating into finger size and baby size bites. She has had pizza, mac n cheese, all beef hotdogs, hamburger, chicken, spaghetti. We just try to introduce a new food carefully to watch for an allergic reaction.

Good luck!

thanks chick, i do that, but im a boring eater lol (and a very unhealthy one at that) dont want Kay picking up on it xxxxx

To my tot, everything is a finger food :haha:

Noodles and pastas are always a good meal idea, because they aren't too messy require a fork or spoon. Try cheese and spinach ravioli, so your tot can just pick it up and eat it. Also, toddlers find it fascinating to play with long spaghetti noodles and eat them (just keep an eye on them because it could be a choking hazard if too long). Or try Wacky Mac, which is pasta made from vegetables in fun shapes.

my lo loves sweet potato wedges with a dip and pitta bread and hommous stuufed courgettes cut into pieces, home made fish fingers

Pitta and houmas, melted cheese on toast, pizza, fishcakes, pasta with any sauce ie cheese / spag bol etc, crumpets and butter, sweetcorn,carrots, teacakes, pancakes, beans with mini toast, grapes, strawberrys, roll with dairylea xx

Cheese and ham sandwiches cut into squares. penne pasta mixed with pesto and grated cheese. smoked salmon and cheese wrap. handful of grapes, scone with butter and jam sometimes if being fussy and refusing food i throw a heap of tinned fruit into the blender and he will take a smoothie x

anything really - sos rolls, fruit, veg, rasins, mixed dryed fruit, dips and sticks (eg cucumber/bread sticks) emmm my LO loves noodles and spag bol with fingers lol meat balls and gravy, dryed cerial - basically anything lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->