finishing work early?

lollylou1

Mummy to Belle and preg
Reaction score
well i just wanted to moan really...
im due to finish work on 14th November which gives me 2 weeks holiday then just over 2 weeks maternity.
i have been off sick Mon, Tues and Wed of this week because my siatic nerve in my back is agony, i can barely move. i went back today because i felt as though i was letting my team down but was in tears trying to even get up the stairs so spoke to my manager who said go home and dont come back till Monday.
she then went on to say that due to me needing to open and close the building i seriously needed to consider finishing early, she said with working in a nursery its very hard to cope with back ache when getting down on the floor and up and down on those stupid little chairs, so im thinking about my options.....
do i work next week and finish on the friday, do i try and struggle on till my original finish date? i have got some stuff to hand over to my replacement so if i work next week ill have chance to do that but having 7 weeks off before my due date sounds like im going to be tearing my hair out, feeling really down about it please give your opinions

Lou
xxx

Hun - you really need to look after yourself. I know that 7 weeks is a long time - but it will pass. I think you should seriously consider what you are going to do. What would happen if you pushed yourself to the end, then LO came early? You'd have no chance for your body to get over the pain and no chance to rest.

Let us know what you decide and good luck x x:hug:

I agree with Kat - you need to think about how you would cope with labor if bubs arrived early & you had no chance to rest & recover......

For the sake of being bored for a few weeks, if I was you, I'd consider finishing at the end of next week. Also speak to your mw, maybe she can give you some tips on how to help the pain, or maybe even refer you for physio.

xxx

Plus, remember, you'd have us to keep you company all day long!! How on earth can you resist that!!!

lol, i have been home over an hour and havent moved from settee with laptop on my knee in the most awkward position since thats the only way i feel comfortable.
of course having everyone to chat to on here would be great i have been on here much more lately because i have more time too so hopefully will get to know everyone better

Lou
xxx

oh that sounds sore - if you are in that much pain, considering what your job is would your doctor write you a sick note? this should mean that your maternity entitlement isn't effected (i.e you can stick with your origianl dates), though depending on your contract you may not get sick pay.

hope you get something sorted

If your in that much pain I think you should consider finishing up early if you can- 7 weeks is quite a long time-I finished up then too and I to be honest I am getting a bit fed up now as running out of things to do-but I know I'll never get time like this to myself again after baby here! x

Go with your body hun, if its telling you its had enough then its had enough. Its only a week, its not a month or two. Seriously dont worry about it hun and if you need to go early then go!!

Think you really need to consider how you will be feeling if you worked!! I mean if your not feeling fantastic now, you need to rest up and re-charge yourself before your LO arrives, you dont want to be worn out.

I work in an office and leaving the 18th Dec due 17th Jan, so leaving like you, 2weeks holiday and 2weeks matleave before LO arrives, thou havie a feeling after seeing the consultant at 16weeks that they will see me again at 32weeks and 36weeks to check LO's size due to me having PCOS

if i go on the sick it will only give me the same money as maternity, the cash doesnt seem to be the mega thing to be honest its just cutting into the time i wont have with baby after she is born....

Lou
xxx

if i go on the sick it will only give me the same money as maternity, the cash doesnt seem to be the mega thing to be honest its just cutting into the time i wont have with baby after she is born....

Lou
xxx

If you have sick leave then you don't have to cut into the time with your baby later. Ask your GP to sign you off for a bit. They can't make you start maternity with pregnancy-related illness until (I think) the last 3 weeks before your EDD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->