First actual TTC cycle, please help me out?

tummybump

Reaction score
So AF showed up today really late (on CD 39) and that's a really long cycle for me and while trying to figure out if I was preg or not I realized if I wasn't, I really wanna actually start trying.. then I realized I really have no idea where to start.

So, with that said, can any of y'all help me out? I've already been using FF app but only to track my periods.. now that I'm gonna be actually trying I wanna know what other features on that app that I should put to use. Also, if there is any other apps that yall recommend.

OH, and about temping.. please let me know more about that and how it all actually works and what it means..
Sorry if I sound a little ignorant ladies.. I don't mean to be, I'm just new to all of this.

EDIT: Also, any tips on figuring out when I ovulate WITHOUT using OPK's?

Where to start... Try tracking your cervical mucus. Just basically how you feel downstairs on the day... Dry, wet, etc.

Take your temperature first thing when you wake up. Write it down on your chart. When the chart has 3 consistently high temperatures it indicates ovulation. It can't predict it though so you might wanna use OPK (ovulation predictor kits) which usually give you a day or two warning. Once you ovulate the app gives you a coverline and if your temperature drops below that coverline at like 12-16 DPO it means your period is likely on the way.

I use ovufriend too, which usually is more reliable to pick up ovulation in my experiences.

You can find out usually if you're about to ovulate usually when you're pretty much always wet down below. That's when you need to start going for it! :p You can get really cheap OPKs on amazon though and they work fine for me!

Where to start... Try tracking your cervical mucus. Just basically how you feel downstairs on the day... Dry, wet, etc.

Take your temperature first thing when you wake up. Write it down on your chart. When the chart has 3 consistently high temperatures it indicates ovulation. It can't predict it though so you might wanna use OPK (ovulation predictor kits) which usually give you a day or two warning. Once you ovulate the app gives you a coverline and if your temperature drops below that coverline at like 12-16 DPO it means your period is likely on the way.

I use ovufriend too, which usually is more reliable to pick up ovulation in my experiences.

You can find out usually if you're about to ovulate usually when you're pretty much always wet down below. That's when you need to start going for it! :p You can get really cheap OPKs on amazon though and they work fine for me!

Wow, thanks so much for all that info! It really is helpful, I'll be sure to download that ovufriend app.. and about temping, do I temp everyday? like even during af?

There's no real need to temp during AF... Or indeed after ovulation is confirmed (unless you wanna look out for temp drop before AF). But I do. I guess it's just habit, and it looks pretty on your chart to have a temp for everyday haha. Ovufriend doesn't have an app... Just the website. I wish it had an app :(

https://25.media.tumblr.com/dc4ca52cdbf9fac3e1362959b0394db8/tumblr_mvne77gFeW1rzr014o1_r2_1280.png

Have a look at my chart from my first cycle if you want. See the temp patterns and the fact temps after ovulation are consistently above the red coverline. See the CM patterns and when to expect what. Think mine's a pretty normal chart like bar being a bit long and a few temp fluctuations.

The luteal phase is the period after ovulation. I think like 12 days to 16 days is normal but it can be longer or shorter. I don't know how much you know I'm just pouring out my knowledge!

Ok...I truly believe in using opks alongside with bbt temping. Yoy must temp urself first thing in the morning before getting out of bed the same time every day its very important u follow these rules. Put the temp in your calendar so it starts to chart for u ..... There are other things u can track on ff like.....symptoms and pos and neg hpts and opks along with cm. Take ur temp and log it in and ff will....take care of the rest including givingn u crosshairs on ovulation three days after ovulation when ur temp shift is confirmed.......now opks take em twice a day in the am and pm......the reason u should do .....both is because charting ur temp will only show u when u ovulated AFTER the fact.....but opks show u are gearing up for ovulation within three days after receiving a pos. Opk. So u can bd in time for your egg. So opks predict ovulation bbt confirms it. :) the more u do it the easier it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->