First Birthday Party

WelshOneEmma

1 DD, 1 DS plus 2MC
Reaction score
So I know that the first birthday party is all for the parents!

We have hired a hall for Emilia's birthday (mainly as I wont have room in my house for everyone) and, as I love organising parties etc, have been trying to think of a theme for all the invites etc.

We are having her birthday cake modelled after her favourite toy (Lamaze Dee Dee dragon) so I figure maybe using baby toys as the theme? So my question is how would you link them? Do you think they would need it? Are there ones you would specifically include?

The other 'problem' we have is her birthday is 21st Dec, so I am wanting to avoid Christmas links right now.

I would probably just have the cake and just have some 1st birthday decorations, the cake doesn't need to link in (unless you want it to). We're having a Peppa Pig cake and just some banners and balloons (we're having a tea party at home, two day because we can't fit everyone in so doing ohs side one day and mine the next)

X

I'm theming it around his favourite toy! I run an invite company (luckily, lol) so am doing an invite with his favourite toy on too :)

I'm theming it around his favourite toy! I run an invite company (luckily, lol) so am doing an invite with his favourite toy on too :)

I've been trying to find some links for 'make your own' but figure with time, printing etc it may just be better to order some - do you have a link to your company?

(I made my wedding invitations and after I had bought everything etc, would have cost the same as ordering, so still remembering that!)

I don't at the mo as it's a new venture since finishing maternity :)

Give me a private message tho if you'd like? x

I can't wait for lo's first birthday! I wanted to rent a hall, but they wanted way too much, so we're gonna try to squeeze into our house. I'm doing a Winnie the Pooh theme as my son LOVES Winnie the Pooh. We're going to have piglets in a blanket, vegetables from rabbit's garden, and I found a recipe to make Tigger's tails out of pretzel rods and orange chocolate. And the kids can all play pin the tail on the donkey... lol, too much? I guess I tend to go overboard.

I think you're theme is great. If you wanted to go specifically with the toy dragon, you could get green balloons and draw scales on some to look like a dragon. I'm sure you could find a poster with a dragon on it to hang on the wall, or get a dragon shaped pinata. Maybe you could even get a cd to play "Puff the magic dragon" in the background. I think you could really have fun with it.

I can't wait for lo's first birthday! I wanted to rent a hall, but they wanted way too much, so we're gonna try to squeeze into our house. I'm doing a Winnie the Pooh theme as my son LOVES Winnie the Pooh. We're going to have piglets in a blanket, vegetables from rabbit's garden, and I found a recipe to make Tigger's tails out of pretzel rods and orange chocolate. And the kids can all play pin the tail on the donkey... lol, too much? I guess I tend to go overboard.

I think you're theme is great. If you wanted to go specifically with the toy dragon, you could get green balloons and draw scales on some to look like a dragon. I'm sure you could find a poster with a dragon on it to hang on the wall, or get a dragon shaped pinata. Maybe you could even get a cd to play "Puff the magic dragon" in the background. I think you could really have fun with it.

I definitely want to go with a dragon theme as I am welsh and very proud (so will remind Emilia she is also Welsh) but also she was born in the year of the dragon.

It's hard! My lo is 1 in novemver my friends lo was 1 a week ago and she hired a hall and had soft play area and a buffet but said it was the biggest waste of money! She said she should of waited and had something like that when lo was older to be fair she doesn't know many baby's!

That confirmed for me to have my Los 1st party at home and a buffet. It's only for two hours as babys don't last long without getting crabbie.

It's up to you and if that's what you want go for it. Good luck x

Oooh were having a dragon theme too! His favourite toy is a blue dragon called ash! :)

Are you thinking traditional welsh dragon?

It's hard! My lo is 1 in novemver my friends lo was 1 a week ago and she hired a hall and had soft play area and a buffet but said it was the biggest waste of money! She said she should of waited and had something like that when lo was older to be fair she doesn't know many baby's!

That confirmed for me to have my Los 1st party at home and a buffet. It's only for two hours as babys don't last long without getting crabbie.

It's up to you and if that's what you want go for it. Good luck x

Yes but we will be having at least 15 kids, of varying ages, plus parents/adults at her party (two of the mums coming have 5 kids each) and there is no way I am having all of them in my house. My living room isn't large enough and it will drive the dog insane.

The hall is a 30 second walk up the road, has cost £50 (I think they will throw in the toys to play with as well) and then I can do some nibbles as there is a kitchen there too. Plus its the play group hall, so most of the kids already know it so she should be fine.

And then I dont have to worry about what happens to my house!

Oooh were having a dragon theme too! His favourite toy is a blue dragon called ash! :)

Are you thinking traditional welsh dragon?

No, we were thinking Dee Dee (https://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Lamaze-Dee-Dee-The-Dragon/73140011?sku=73140011&dnr=y) as this is her favourite toy. Has loved it since she could see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->