First birthday..

S

Serene123

I'm really worried about it already.

A family party would be ridiculously expensive. Me and Rich have too many family members and if you invite one lot you have to invite the other lot? Does that make sense?

Dont you guys have pot luck dinners? Maybe do that? You provide the cake?

Its 4 and a half months away, try not to stress too much.

im just having a few round, more little ones for lilly, not fussed about the adults so will be just inviting close family and friend with little ones, and my mum & dad and oh mum, im counting on the weather been warmer so i can have it the garden,

Our wedding is 3 days before Seths birthday so I dont know what we're going to do either, cant expect my family to travel up 2 weekends running! I want him to have a pirate party though, Ive decided that :)

Plenty of time yet hun :)

xxx

Oh the potluck idea sounds nice!! Even if you don't have a sit down dinner you could have everyone over for the afternoon for munchies or something:) Hopefully it'll be nice so you could do it outside maybe:)

I totally understand you as OH has a big family. And i would hate having a party with all those people coming!!!

I`m really not looking forward to that as i hate those people i dunno coming and touching my baby with hands that probably havent been washed or wherever has been!! And those people come just for the food and drinks. I`m hating it already!!!

I asked OH to have something between us three for jaydens first birthday!!! But i doubt it will be the way i want it. I hate when my opinion is not considered.

My friend had her little boy's bday party in December (1st bday too), and what she did was just had his grandparents over on both sides for lunch and then had friends and extended family over for cake later!

So I have two friends who I met through my midwife, and our babies were born just days apart. So we have decided to have one big birthday party for them. I can't wait. It will be sooo much fun.

I'm taking Kyle to our local leisure centre, it has swimming, ice skating, adventure zone and soft play area. I've got a few kids in each part, depending on age groups then meet up to sing happy birthday and have dinner. It's working out at around £150 and thats with me just invitin young cousins (on both mines and johns side) and friends of mines with babies kyles age. Just up to personal preference really :) i'm sure you'll plan somethin great!

I've been thinking about Valerie's first birthday as well. I think we will be doing one large party, since I don't want to be getting ready for two different parties. Is there a way you could do just one large one? Do you think everyone from each of you and Rich's family would come? Only reason I ask, is because, when we usually invite around 50 people, only about 30 come. Not everyone may come...hope that helps some!

We have decided to throw a party at my parents house. We want to do something really private with close friends and close family only. Not more than 15 people. I've already planned everything... lol We will have a bunch of hors d'oeuvre and tapas.

I've got the cake picked out, the balloons, cupcakes, EVERYTHING!:lol:
We've started shopping for the gifts this weekend.. :lol:

I know, I'm a freak!

We just invited grandparents, aunties/uncles, and godparents round to our house for cake and that was it.

So the norm is to have a party at home? :blush:

I want to go out and do something fun during the day, then maybe a party at night. I guess I will wait untill it's nearer the time, but I can't see his family making the effort to come here.

i can understand that toria, maybe you could just invite people who mean alot to caitlyn iykwim? thats what we're doing - having very close family & friends :) we're having a princess themed tea party with loads of garden activities at my mums, im so excited :happydance:

personally id just invite all the people that have lil kiddies and nannys and grandads maybe the close aunts/uncles. and have a lil party durin day with all her lil baby buddies xx

Yeah but to be honest, birthdays are a big thing in my family. They all kind of just expect to be invited. My cousins, aunts, uncles, nan, grandad... etc... But if I invite all of them I have to invite all of Rich's family, and they won't come... Then when she asks me why they weren't there what do I say? They couldn't be arsed?!?!

for nicoles first birthday we just had a little tea party with our immediate family and because her birthday is in may the weather was lovely so we spent most of the time outside. She really enjoyed it.

for summers 1st b'day me and chris are taking her to do something fun in the morn (god knows what yet) then in the afternoon we are having family and a few friends round for a BBQ and wine :) summer will be getting some outdoor play centres, swing, slide little den thingy for her 1st bday too so will prob just set those up and she can play with everyone in the garden.

i wouldnt splurge on a first bday shes still very little, when she is 2 and probably more 3 she will really enjoy a party, i dont think the first birthday has to be huge, just grandparents, a few good friends thats all, but if u have to invite the whole lot then , if you can id ask ppl to make things or alternatively make it sunday afternoon or something and just have tea/coffee/soda and some munchies like chips, cupcakes stuff like that. even that can get expensive tho.

I made it clear to DH that the only people that will be at max's first b-day are the people that are in his life currently , meaning all the other pains in the ass that claim to be in his family but never call to see him or hows hes doing can kiss my white behind lol

I am doing his party in the back yard at my MIL's house as it can hold about 30 ppl and thats more then enough to my liking ..plus I will be doing the pot luck idea ..sounds great

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->