• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

First cycle on Clomid... anxious :(

Hi ladies, I hope you can help. I had my first fertility appointment today and have been prescribed clomid. Strangely enough af just caught me and I wasn't due until Sunday :shrug: however it's all good because I can start the tablets tomorrow :happydance:
Can anyone tell me what to expect? I'm completely clueless!

Fx for you all

Everyone seems to react differently with it and why it was given.

For me, I O already, they couldn't find anything wrong with us, so fs said to try clomid for a few cycles.

I am actually still in my first clomid cycle...but that is a diff story.
I felt more lightheadedness when taking them, and much more bloated throughout the cycle. I never got the hot flashes that most got though. I did notice I was a bit more sharp with dd and oh... I felt pretty tired for quite a few days after O.

I took 50mg on days 3-7 of my cycle.

What did you get prescribed? FX for you!

Hi River, me and dh are the same, I already ov with no other problems and dh's count is fine.
That doesn't sound too bad, I think I'd cope :blush: I'm just googling it now and there are some right horror stories!
I've been prescribed 50mg for days 2-6 :shrug:

hey wanttobemom

my hubby and i have be diagnosed with unexplained infertility and i ovulate by myself
so the doctor gave me clomid as a boost i get horrible hot flashes and dizziness when i wake up also last cycle i was badly bloated ... everyones diffrent tho good luck hunn

Hi Coralym, yep the fs said that's the category we fall under too :cry:
Do you take yours at night or in the morning? I get up for work at 6am so not sure when would be best. Also I've said 50mg but I've just looked on the box and it says take two a day :shrug:
Thanks Hun, good luck to you too.

Morning ladies... I'm officially joining you. AF is starting today, so I picked up my first round of clomid.

@ wanttobemom -- i take mine around 4 pm my doctor said it doesent matter what time as long as its the same time everyday .. i guess your taking 100ml then ? lol

@river -- hows its going hunn ? did af start or did a bfp pop up yet ?

@EAandBA_TTC -- welcome to the club ! good luck hunn <3

How is everyone doing today? Any good news? Afm....Today is cd12, been doing opk since cd9 still no positive. First time on clomid so I don't know when I will get one. I just pray it works. U/S in the morning, hoping and praying my follies are at a good size. I so want to go for the IUI along with BD! Well GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!

good luck msbee .. i didint ovulated until cycle day 16 on my first cycle of clomid

I've started taking it at 10am and so far feel totally fine, today is my third day of taking it and yeah its 100mg. Hoping i wont really get any side effects.
I've been looking at pushchairs online today, i know i shouldnt :blush:
How is everyone else?

MissBee - I did get a +opk on cd12. The doc said it could be anywhere from 5-10 days after the last pill taken.

Coralym - I took out my +opk and ff changed my O day to cd29, so I'd be 9dpo. (I wanted to see if ff thought I had O'd again...software doesn't have that param, but it did think I O'd later if I took out the +opk...so, sort of confirmed 2xO?) bfn on tests, no af, no spotting, just waiting.

wanttobemum - great that you have no side effects yet! I too browse the baby stuff sometimes - it is fun. Though I get down about it too because we haven't gotten even a hint of a bfp yet.

I am getting fairly frustrated about it all. I should have been mid way through my second cycle of clomid by now, and try for another good chance...instead, I wait.

River54....What Cds did you take them for and what dosage? I took them for cd3-7 50mg

Hello girls!
So....day 31 bloods today....no ovulation still, but my esterogene is high so the sister told me that's either because I'm going to ovulate this week (surely not this late?!) or Af is on her way. She said to bd this week just incasd. So if no Af I'm back for my bloods again next week as I can't start on clomid again til either Af shows or my baseline bloods are okay.
But on the positive side, she said to double my dose next cycle. It must be a matter of opinion as the last sister told me they'd keep me on the same dose for one more cycle. I'm not going to argue tho, the quicker I can ovulate the better!
Sigh...! Come on clomid, work!!!!

Back from U/S feeling down...Biggest follie was 9, so I guess clomid isn't working. They had me to do blood work and take a urine test and I call in 2hrs and if all is ok with blood I can restart clomid but on 100mg. Today is cd13, has anyone experienced this and upped a dose the same cycle and made any progress? This is so disappointing :( Rescan for follies on Monday if I start clomid today. FX FOR EVERYONE ELSE!

ss83 - FX for O!
MsBee - FX for you! I had heard that the clomid would be additive if on the same cycle...sorry, I don't know much more than that.

Thanks River54....Got my blood work back, I didnt respond to the 50mg so it's a go to start clomid today 100mg. Go back for U/S on Monday which is cd20. Hope this really helps, this is so stressful! They say its still early in my cycle and I go make progress by Monday on this higher dose, just wanted to see if anyone experienced this in one cycle and got positive results :(

Morning all, been reading this thread as it's similar to another i post on, which has gotten quiet, so i thought i'd say hello here. I'm on my first cycle of Clomid, 50mg, cycle days 2-6. Had a positive OPK on cycle day 17, but i am now 19 days past ovulation, neg pg test and no sign of AF except hideous cramps. Bloods confirmed ovulation, anyone else experienced lengthened cycles from taking Clomid with any advise on what i should do as my cycles are usually 32-34 days
Thanks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->