First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

Red, my first hysteroscopy was just preliminary before IVF but they found polyps and a septum; 2nd one was to remove everything (surgeon didn't think she got it all during the first one); 3rd was after the first failed FET--RE suspected there may be some septum left so they went back in and did find more. The third surgery was "aggressive" so I worried that since then I may have developed scar tissue where he cut.

BUT...today my RE did the ultrasound and I think we all expected a cancellation for this cycle, however!! he really took his time and discovered (for the first time it seems--really..?) that my tilted uterus has an extra curve. He showed me depending on the angle of the u/s how it can look different and not be visible...so basically my uterus is deeper than he thought--and everyone has been measuring it in the wrong spot. When he had everything where it needed to be, my lining measured over 9mm and was trilaminar!!

This is such a relief. I feel like this could explain why things haven't been going well, and I'm tempted to get annoyed by their failure to realize this sooner, but I'm just so glad we have a handle on it now, going forward. Transfer is set for next Thursday. I think we will put in two, given my wacky anatomy and two prior failures. I have a little hesitation about that, but partner and RE both think we do two this time.

I so thought I was getting cancelled today. Whew!

How is everyone else? Lanet, how is little Oliver doing?

Red after the surgery they expect everything to be perfect right? Why would you be worried about it making it worse?

J YAY!!! I agree that it's frustrating when you find out something that should have been known all along however 9 is great and should only go up over the next week! Does them finding this out affect where they will place the little buggers?

Peachy I think so! At least, I think he'll put them where he knows the lining measured thickest. He was making a note about 7.5 cm deep, like that was new information. I could get super annoyed if I think about how this could have been the issue all along :dohh:...but I will look forward and just say thank goodness he seems to have it figured out now.

J I would think you'd be a good candidate for the endometrial scratch as it would help them migrate to where they're supposed to be. Have you discussed it with your Dr?

I did mention the scratch after the last failed FET, and he said there is no solid evidence that it makes a difference one way or the other. I was kind of like, okay...obviously other doctors disagree...

I've been reading about the retroverted (tilted) and retroflexed (bending backward) uterus--this is how mine appeared on the u/s yesterday (only a gentle bend, like a curve, not sharp). Now I have lots of questions so have scheduled a meeting with RE for Monday. I really want to get a few things answered before the transfer on Thurs. Mainly I want to know if this ups the risk factor for growing twins should we transfer two and have both of them take. Google says the uterus usually flips back to normal at 12 weeks, but with the extra bend backward...what then? Hopefully he'll have a clue.

I was just so glad the lining looked good yesterday. Then today I'm all, wait, what of this "curve" in my tilted uterus...

J- how did the meeting with the re go today?

Peachy how are you feeling?

Lanet - how are the babies doing?

Hope everyone else is good!

My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon, I'm very happy to get the ball rolling again. !:thumbup::happydance:

Red, yay for things moving right along!! I know good it feels to be moving towards something after so much waiting. Let us know how surgery goes. :flower:

Meeting with my RE went well. He assured me the shape and position of my uterus is nothing to worry about, and that everything should shift into a "normal" position with pregnancy. That's consistent with my rough google research so I feel good about it. Transfer on for Thursday!

Thinking of you Peachy! Lanet, how are the twins? Are you on cloud nine or what? :)

Red best of luck tomorrow! I know it will go great!

J I know I'm a little biased just because the cycle that has worked I had the scratch but I don't see how it would hurt to just cover all the bases you know? I'm super excited for you though and you will probably end up with 2 babies either way:winkwink:

Tomorrow is the start of induction for me although it will more than likely last through Wed so while I sit there bored in the hospital I can check in on here : )

Oh Peachy exciting! I can't wait to hear how it all goes. Hopefully he'll be here soon and there won't be much waiting around to do!

I hear you about the scratch--I agree that if can't hurt, why not try it? RE did point out though that I had been scratched up quite a bit from last hysteroscopy before the last FET, so he didn't see any advantage to doing it (on top of thinking it offers no real benefit). I don't know. I'm actually more worried about possible scar tissue from those surgeries, but he thinks if I had scar tissue the lining wouldn't look as good it does.

I'm just hoping that for this cycle, everything looks right and we can move forward with some success. He did not check the lining yesterday because I started PIO on Saturday and once I start PIO, they don't check the lining as the progesterone changes it incomparably. But every measurement he took on Thursday was coming up over 9 once he found the true depth of my uterus. That was CD 10 after 9 days of meds.

Bonus: because my uterus is tilted away from the bladder, I don't have to drink a ton of water first. Some water for the u/s to work well, but not uncomfortably full as my uterus leans the other way. So that's something.

Peachy - I'm so excited for you. I hope that everything goes well:hugs:

afm - my surgery was cancelled yesterday - rescheduled for March 20th...I'm bummed but it will go quickly - just a few short weeks away

Red I'm glad you're looking at it like that but why was it cancelled?

J how did everything go?

Camden was born on the 25th weighing 9lbs5oz and almost 22 inches long. He's perfect and we are totally in love with him. Almost 4 years but he is worth every second of the wait and what we went through. I hope you guys don't have to wait any longer for your miracles.

Oh Peachy how wonderful!! Camden is beautiful! I've been keeping an eye out for an update and this makes me so happy--can only imagine the joy you must be feeling! Huge congrats!

My transfer was Thursday and all went well. Beta will be a week from Monday so we'll see. Not gonna test early.

Red, what a bummer! I hope the time passes quickly--just a few weeks but that still blows when you've been waiting already. But as Peachy says it will all be worth it one of these days. :flower:

Peachy congrats he is gorgeous what a big boy :) so hapoy for you!

I jumped on just to see if he'd arrived yet - congratulations Peachy!!!!!

I know I am SO late, but I wanted to wish Messica, Lanet, and Peachy the biggest congratulations!

I have been entirely consumed in my bubble of baby bliss that I rarely go online, but I was thinking of where I was just a year ago - nightly stabbings, wondering and wishing - and remembering how supportive you ladies were on that long road.

Noah arrived on 12/13/14 and had a short stay in the NICU. (He and I had incompatible blood types which lead to severe jaundice.) He is the most wonderful baby and I absolutely adore him! I am so lucky to be his mother. He's nearly ready for his next tie picture but here is the last one.

Attachments

• 2 month tie.jpg
    2 month tie.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 5
Thanks so much Seoul!!!

How's it going with you and your little ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->