First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

Hi ladies! Ultrasound went well--saw the yolk sac and fetal pole AND tiny flicker of the heartbeat. That was a wonderful surprise :) Dr. said everything looked great. Next scan is on Wednesday. Yay!

Seoul that's wonderful!! If you don't mind my asking (i know lots of women who get crazy lucky after ivf) why did you have to do ivf? I apologize if my memory is awful..

J I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! Plus you get to go back so soon for another looksy!

I am a little different i guess because I'm not a baby person. I love laughs and giggles and when they can tell me what's wrong so i don't drive myself crazy guessing:dohh: little kids are just so much fun! Most of the time...:winkwink:

Peachy- i kept having miscarriages and then I spent 3 years where I couldn't conceive. I have problems ovulating but i still wasn't conceiving with the meds when we did IVF it turned out non of the sperm fertilized my eggs so ICSI was needed so I guess that was thebproblem but apparantely now our bodies decided to play nice and agree all of a sudden.

Seoul i know a gal that tried everything for a decade and then adopted. 3 mos later she was pregnant. I think stress does crazy things that dr's can't even explain.

J i hope everything goes perfectly tomorrow and can't wait to hear all about it!

Hi Girls!

Seoul, how are you feeling? Hope your symptoms aren't too bad with your little ones to care for. You're going to have a full(er) house before you know it--fun!! :)

Peachy, Lanet, Messica--how are you doing? :flower:

Had my second scan today. Heard the little heartbeat going at 120 bpm! Very special. RE said everything looked good and I get to go back in a week. I'm technically 6w4d today, but I really believe I implanted late. Baby was measuring a couple of days behind but the dr didn't even mention it, just said it all looked good, and when I asked the nurse she said it's so tiny at this point that getting the perfect measurement is hard and there's a margin of error of +/- 3 days or something yada yada and I have no reason whatsoever to worry. Okay. I'll try not to. I keep reminding myself the embryo was PGS tested, my dr is happy, I need to relax. But honestly how does one ever relax with all this stuff??

That said, we are very, very grateful that all seems to be fine. And hearing that heartbeat...magical. :cloud9:

So happy for you Jsquared I know its really hard to relax but things seem to be going really well try to stay positive and enjoy the feeling! How have you been feeling? I have been pretty sick but my boobs don't hurt at all and some days I don't have any symptoms freaks me out a bit but nothing I can do. When is your next scan?

Seoul, we are the inverse of each other with symptoms--my boobs have been sore for over a week now, but no real sickness yet. I do feel mildly nauseated today, but I don't know if that's pregnancy related or just stress regarding today's ultrasound! I don't have much of an appetite and I'm still pretty tired. But I know both the sore boobs and fatigue are progesterone related, and I'm still on a boatload of that stuff. So we will see if/when I get sick. I'm kind of hoping for a bout here soon--is that crazy or what?!! :wacko: I am desperate for reassurance. I'm a nut, I know.

My next appointment is a week from today, next Wednesday morning. Can't come soon enough!

I keep reminding myself the embryo was PGS tested, my dr is happy, I need to relax. But honestly how does one ever relax with all this stuff??

You don't! You tell yourself you're going to. You tell yourself you should. And will once you finally get beta reassurance. Then ultrasound reassurance. Then ultrasound. Then 12 weeks. Then viability date......

When you can't ever just let go, you get mad at yourself for being so ridiculous. You try to soak in every moment but eventually just surrender to the fact that it's not going to get better until you deliver and baby is safe in your arms.

Then you deliver and baby is safe in your arms and you realize you now have a whole new set of worries to obsess over lol

Don't fret. The worry can be exhausting but it's also so normal. If it's any consolation it's not AS bad as it used to be with my soon to be 11 and 12 year olds. Takes awhile to get better but it never goes away completely. The SIDS thing pushed me over the edge with the boys so I bought Snuza's. Do what you can to alleviate the worries you can, and deal with the rest as best you can!

As for how we are, this was yesterday (after many many outtakes lol) :flower:

Attachments

• 8m.jpg
    8m.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 7
Messica thanks--wise words. :flower:

And those boys--I swear if they get any cuter I cannot! Take it! Good lord they are PRECIOUS!

J Messica is right! I set many goals saying I would relax after...12 weeks. 28 weeks. 35 weeks....it never stops. Try to enjoy it. I was so sick I didn't really enjoy my pregnancy but I'm sure enjoying every second with my babes!
Seoul I'm glad you're doing well too
Messica your boys are so cute!
Here are my sweeties

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 6
Thanks Lanet! Okay, how adorable are your babies?! Just darling! You guys are making me wish I was having twins! Ha!

OMG messica and lanet your babies are so adorable!

Jsquared- the beggining of pregnancy is always the worst with worrying because you never have true reassurance things do get a bit better once you start feeling movement although you will always worry its just inevitable.

Jsquared- good luck at your scan today hope it all goes well!

Thanks Seoul! Today's scan was great--measuring a day ahead with a heart rate of 150! :cloud9:

How are you? My morning (all day) sickness has finally set in. Not too terrible, have only gotten sick once but the nausea is constant. No complaints though! It means I'm pregnant :) When is your next appointment?

Aeesome jsquared so glad for you! I am like you having a constant nauseous feeling but haven't thrown up that much. That is like my only symptom though still no sore boobs or anything i wonder if my breast don't hurt since I was still breastfeeding about a month ago? My next appointment is Friday but I wont get scanned they don't have me scheduled for a scan until Sept 24th I dont think I can wait that long I will probably tell my doc I am spotting so that they will scan me sooner. How about you will they keep scanning frequently or do you now just wait until the anatomy scan?

That is a long time to wait! Maybe they will get you in sooner. I think it's a good sign though--they must think everything is going well :)

I'm still with my RE so the scans will continue weekly until I'm released to the OB somewhere between 10-12 weeks (not exactly sure). We are thinking we'll find out the gender soon--since we did PGS they can tell us whenever we're ready. I want to know but the suspense is kind of fun, too. I think my mother will kill us if we don't find out soon though. She's ready to start shopping. :baby:

Great news j! I'm excited for you to find out gender!
Glad you are both doing well, sorry about the sickness. I don't miss that!
Seoul did you ovulate while breastfeeding?
I haven't had a period yet

I am all for finding out but I also get the exicitement of not knowing.
Lanet- i was breastfeeding only about once a day so I did start ovulating I got one period and missed the next but by then U wasn't even breastfeeding everyday. With both of my pregnancies I got my period as soon as I started solids and the breastfeeding decreased.

Today I had another appointment and I got scanned and got to hear a heartbeat in the 150s now it is feeling real. I got the panoramic blood work done so in two weeks I should know the sex of the baby and if there are any chromosomal abnormalities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->