First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

Thanks, Peachy. It's hard not to worry, as I do naturally, but I know you are right.

Lanet - I transferred 3, which is the max guideline for a 3-day transfer for my age group.

Peachy omg that was over so fast! I'm confused, you had 300 iu or 300 cartridges? Of follistim?

So peachy it sounds like you have at least 20 good follies? I hope I respond that well! I wonder how Amanda's doing?

I had 4 cartridges of 300 iu Follistim and I will still have some left in one of them. Does that make sense? My E2 today was 1100 so it is rising rapidly. You will be on less Menopur though. Last cycle I stimmed for 10 days and this one will be 8. Trust me I will not get 20 mature eggs : )

Last time I got 16 and 10 were mature with 9 fertilizing normally. I know I hope she checks in. She was a day ahead of me I believe.

I'll take 9 good eggs! Wow so that does seem like I'm getting a ton of follistim! But yes only half the menapur. I'm glad though bc I was afraid she'd try a super low dose bc she said I would most likely respond so well and I didn't want it to be too low. It will be exciting to see what happens

Tulip I just saw you transferred 3. Peachy did you say how many you would transfer?

You're getting bigger cartridges so you can't buy in smaller increments. When I had my first cycle the nurse told me to buy enough of everything for 8 days as that would be the shortest stim time and at that time there's a lot more info on how you're progressing. If you go fast you don't want to have wasted your money. Like Tulip I will transfer 3 if they are day 3 and 2 if they are day 5. Since you are younger I don't think they'd allow 3.

I'm not as worried since the discount helped so much. But I'm getting 15 menapur and that's the most expensive. Can I ask them to send less or how does that work? I'm using the Novarel too, I'm guessing it to be similar cost of ovidrel.
Although I personally would be ok doing 3, I think you're right that they will only do 2. I will be 31 at retrieval and 32 at transfer lol

You are so young still! Yes I just told them how many days I wanted. I have the Novarel as well and it was $90.

It's interesting to see what you ladies are on, are any of you taking Buserelin / another drug like it while your stimming?

I was on .5ml Buserelin for 20days
Then added 225iu GonalF for 8days
The .5ml Buserelin + trigger the night before collection

Are you all on short protocol?

Miss I could be wrong but It seems like that's what gals in the UK use and I think it's the equivalent of Lupron.

I don't think it's a short protocol, it takes about 6-7 weeks from start to finish. But I don't really know. I think it's called antagonist protocol with ganirelix.
How is everyone doing today? Peachy you must be done with your last dose now?
I meant to tell you they told me to take my morning injection between 6-8 am. And all of my appts are between 7-9. I asked them how exact it needed to be since I will actually be in the car driving and they said I will have to bring it with me and do it on the way. So I will have to pull over and inject myself!

So funny story; we took february off from any fertility meds/procedures and are getting eeady to begin ivf stuff with my coming period. Im on cd33 and while im usually pretty irregular I poas (or 4) and all were bfp! Even a digital! Went for first beta and the level was 45... which is either low or normal depending on when we conceived but since I wasnt charting ovulation or anything we dont know when we conceived... second beta on tuesday hoping to be around 180ish fingers crossed its not another chemical pregnancy for us.

Lanet...i have taken some evening shots in restaurant restroom stalls! lol

Heidi...that is soooo great! congrats.

Hey ladies. DH and I have been keeping busy the last few days, so I haven't had a chance to check in. Will have to catch up on all the posts tomorrow. Thread is moving so fast this weekend. Hope everyone is doing well. Trying to hold off on testing until Tuesday (8dp3dt) or Wednesday.

Heidi- That is amazing! Congratulations. :thumbup:

Heidi- congratulations!!!! I heard and read about other people's experience in getting BFP the natural way so unexpectedly. I have an office mate who did IVF the first time and then after their live birth, with the flip of the coin got pregnant naturally!

Buny - how are you doing...do you still plan on testing today?

Peachy - you are so near...FX'd for you.

Lanet- on my first IVF try, I did SoCal Ragnar Relay (its a 190 miles non stop run 24 hours marathon, there's six of us in a team )..and I have to do my injections in front of my teammates inside the van :)..it was definitely an experience.

Amanda - how are you doing?

Mono were you very far into injections then? I ask bc my dr told me to stop running when I start them. That's a long run!! Are you running now? I would like to be able to still run when I'm pregnant but I'm afraid I'll be too scared.
Heidi congrats!

Hi Lanet - on my first IVF try, I was running throughout the cycle and only stopped the day before the retrieval. On my second try, because I was so frustrated with the failed one, I slow down and cut my runs in half - so I did one last full marathon on 10/13 and after that I taper off with 5K's twice a week and completely stopped by December. My OB told me I can still run during my pregnancy because my body is used to it anyway - but I still don't want to risk it. I brisk walk now at least 4 miles twice a week:). I will be buying a maternity band soon and see if I can be comfortable jogging with it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->