First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

At my clinic they give an oral sedative before the procedure it just makes you really calm and relaxed. It is really mild and for uncomfortableness they recomend tylenol but never ibuprofen as I guess it can cause problems during pregnancy.

I was also told no ibuprofen after stims. And to start weaning from my 1 cup of coffee. :( that will be tough

Seoul....i was also given a very mild oral relaxer...to calm/relax.

Then setup on IV...and given 2 different strong sedatives that made me loopy...lol but didn't feel a thing!

Lanet - I can't give up my coffee. Even now, I still have at least one cup of coffee a day...When I tried to cold turkey it, I have a migraine like headache and it feels like my head were being pinned from both direction and it hurts the whole day...so doctor said that limit of one cup is okay. Also once in a while I have one glass of wine.

Not sure, but did you guys know that stim meds like gonal f, and follitism actually came and were developed from the urine of menopausal women and pregnant women. What a very expensive urine..lol!

I was restricted from ibuprofen and to 200mg of caffeine from the very beginning of my cycle. I haven't been able to have caffeine at all since ET. I love lattes, hot tea, iced tea, and soda - so that has been the worst part. I drink lots of water now, but I always find myself feeling dehydrated. I know that doesn't make sense, but it's true!

I did not test this morning at 7dp3dt. It turned out to be an easier decision than I thought. I think I realized that this is my last shot, so maybe it's ok to be in the dark for a little longer. I'll probably wait until Sunday. Tomorrow I am leaving early to visit my mom, who lives 100 miles away, so it's best to just wait until I am home and can share the joy or disappointment with my DH, who doesn't understand at all why I would take a HPT when I have a beta on Tuesday.

Tulip I'm thinking of you and really hoping for good things for you! Will you test tomorrow?
Mono my dr told me not to quit cold turkey but that maybe I could start cutting back now. I only drink one cup of coffee, I have a keurig and I actually pour the first cup down the drain and then run it again so that it's diluted. So im sure it's not that big of a deal. I just don't want to hurt my chances:( I'll do anything.

Tulip I have everything crossed hon!!

According to my clinic the no ibuprofen is so no bleeding issues during retrieval. Because I of course asked why we have to take it for transfer if it's so bad. She said it's necessary to prevent cramping and would wear off before implantation would happen. I am lucky as the only caffeine I ingest is through chocolate which I adore but I gave it up for Lent. Today's appt went well. On right I have 13 big and a few small ones and on the left I have 7 big and a few small ones. I trigger tomorrow night and retrieval is Monday morning. Crazy how fast it goes by.

Lanet did you get all your prescriptions called in?

Amanda how are you doing with stimming? Hope it's going alright for you..

Everything crossed for Tulip I'll be checking back Sunday hopefully for good news :) x

Also ladies I have a question. My lining today was 13.1 C. That's up from 8 C on Wed. I know it will keep growing but what's considered too thick? Mono,Red,Tulip,Buny, do you all know what yours was?

Peachy yes my meds were called in. I got some pricing but not all. I'll let you know when they call

I was asking because they gave me 3 Ganirelix and I am only using 2. Not sure how many they prescribed you but I don't want you to buy more than you need too. Plus if they say I can't save it for next cycle I can mail it to you.

Well they ordered me 6 I think. That's strange. But it wasn't much money. Like under $200 with the discount

My protocol says stim 10-12 days though

I don't think they really know until it happens. Obviously my RE could go off my response last cycle. So if you stim 10 days will you have 2 extra Ganirelix? The bad thing about the pharmacy is that there are no returns. I will also have a few extra Menopur but those get refunded from the clinic.

Yes and there's no way to know when I will even start the ganirelix. They gave me 2 of the 900 iu (ui?) follistim. And I'm not sure how many menapur but damn that ones expensive! They are sending the steroid and antibiodics through insurance. Maybe the progesterone too? Mine will be a suppository. Are you taking a steroid? Is tomorrow your last day of stims?

Thanks for all of the well wishes! I hope at least one stuck. I have so many fewer symptoms now than I did early on that I am starting to be worry that nothing is happening in there.

Peachy - I think 13 is good lining thickness, but I can't remember what mine was at my last scan (the day I triggered). Maybe 16? I wish my records were actually posted to my patient portal so that I could go back and reference.

Lanet just try not to buy more than you will need for sure you can always call and get the rest if you need it. I had 300 cartridges and I will have some left over because there's actually extra in the cartridge . Yes I will do my injections in the a.m.and the hcg in the p.m.

thanks Tulip I am just worried it will end up too thick since I think it keeps growing right? Don't worry about symptoms hon. I had good betas and felt nothing til the nausea showed up a couple weeks later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->