First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

So do you have idea of when transfer will be?

My guess is end of march/start of april.

I'm basing this on AF coming on cd29-cd32. And some ppl said in here that 5-day blasts are transferred on O day + 5. Which is cd 19 for me.

Obviously a lot of guessing of dates

Peachy - I love your avatar so much - makes me smile!

Thanks Tulip he's got his rain boots on and like me is ready for spring : ). How are you doing?

lanet - I'm not sure exactly what meds they'll be doing, we'll find that out next week. I do know RE has set us up on the Lupron protocol if that's any indication? All I know is in the packet it says there will be stim injections, another med added after stims and then progesterone through week 12 if we're successful. I have ordered HCG from walgreens specialty clinic and it was great. They delivered to my door FedEx overnight which really helped preserve our privacy. We live in a tiny town and everyone knows everyone. Guaranteed if I had to go pick those things up at the pharmacy I'd run into at least a half dozen people we know and I'm not keen on all the questions that would follow!

peachy - rumor has it we'll hit 30's/40's this week! Get over this windy junk today and fingers crossed it'll be smooth sailing from there (knocking on wood LOUD lol)

Monitoring in Staples wasn't covered during our previous IUI attempts so I don't think it'll be covered this time either. Should be cheaper though, or at least that's what my doc here said (not to mention all the gas money we'll save :thumbup:). We have coverage for infertility diagnostics (with a lifetime cap of $5000) so at least our initial consult and saline sono down there will count towards the annual deductible. I'm not complaining because that benefit just started new last August, we could have been doing it completely alone!

Messica call your Dr and ask what you will be on or if you have a choice. I don't know about the Compassionate Care program but First Steps goes through Walgreens and they will deliver it all to your door as well. Hopefully you will be right on target with meds so don't have to worry about running to the pharmacy to get a little more.

I have to tell you my ovaries are making things quite uncomfortable already.

Ok girls. Well that saline sonogram was traumatizing! I cramped so severely that I yelled out and tensed up. So she did it very quickly. She said my uterus was perfect and beautiful and ready for a little embryo:) I told her about the problem the dr had during my iui with getting the catheter in, she said my cervix is to the side and downward but now she's mapped it out so no worries.
The medication demo and briefing was intense, so much info, no way to retain it all. But she was very thorough and answered all my questions and I feel good about it.
I asked about a Lupron vs ganirelix, she said the Lupron protocol is used more for someone with pcos that needs a little extra supression or for a poor responder to give an extra lh boost. So I start ganirelix at some point, they said the will check on day 5 to see if I'm ready for it, but that 50% of people aren't ready then.
I start with 150 follistim, and 1 vial menapur. I will use Novarel instead of ovidrel. And my progesterone will be endometrium suppositories.
Also I won't take the doxy until after transfer, and medrol(steroid),and will also take baby aspririn after transfer for several weeks. And one of the best parts....I will be asleep for retrieval!!!! What a relief!
They took 6 viles of blood!!
So all dh has to do is take 4 doses of antibiodic and give a sample. Oh he's going to get payback when I have middle of the night specialty cravings;)
I feel really good and informed about everything.
Do those doses sound similar to yours peachy? I know some of it is different.

Messica that's a great benefit! I have no benefits for diagnostics.
Peachy did your dr give you exercise restrictions? She told me no exercise once I start meds. Bc of the enlarged ovaries like it sounds like you're getting!

Peachy...of you can feel your ovaries you are getting close!

Just a warning though, I felt more uncomfortable with my ovaries after the ER. Bc not only are they still large but sore after retrieval.

Lanet it really is a butt load of info and a lot to process. Try to take it one step at a time if you can. I know you were nervous about retrieval so I'm very glad you get to be asleep. Yes I got the no exercise bit as well but since I feel like a big blob most of the time I haven't really cared : ). It's day 6 for me and I am starting the Ganirelix tonight. Our stim difference is that I am doing 2 vials of Menopur and it seems like it's going faster this time. How is hubby absorbing all of this?

Breaking last time I did real well afterwards so hoping I feel the same this time. I know I am ready to lay some eggs : ). Are you feeling all better now?

peachy - I will definitely be dropping them a line tomorrow to find out!

lanet - is the pain during the saline sono something that you took any pain medication before or after for? My anxiety is bad enough as it is and I've read about it being pretty uncomfortable from others...wondering if it's reasonable to ask something for the pain and maybe even to settle me down then, during retrieval and/or during transfer.

Is that something any of you have done in the past or am I just being ridiculous? I tensed up to no end during hsg and IUI's and it definitely made things more difficult. I'm so worried about it happening again and maybe even causing problems during the process!

Breaking Dawn, was your pain during and after ER bad enough to warrant anti inflammitories? I want to be sure to ask if something like that is safe to take if it's needed.

Messica with mine they had me take 3 ibuprofens beforehand for cramping and such. It wasn't fun but not terrible either. At least in my experience it's as uncomfortable as a pap with a little painful part that lasted less than a minute. It all goes by pretty quick but if you're that concerned ask for a valium to take before. They give me valium for transfer and I actually had them up my dose because I want to be very relaxed : )

Peachy - I am ready for spring too! I am just waiting around. Trying not to test too early. I'm 6dp3dt, so I'm trying to hold out until Saturday or Sunday before I test. We'll see if I crack tomorrow.

Lanet - my cervix moves a lot during the month, so I've also had a difficult IUI before too. Yesterday, when I inserted by Endometrin applicator, it went in almost completely sideways (but today, it's fine). Fun!

Messica they recommended ibuprofen before the sonogram. My last one wasn't this painful, not sure why I cramped more this time. I also have high anxiety:(. The retrieval I will be asleep for, and the transfer I will have Valium. So I'm not worried about those. Honestly I wish they would've given me a Valium today!
Tulip you are getting so close!!

Oh Tulip that's do exciting! Do you know what's average to get an accurate result for a 3dt?

Lanet - I know! It seems both forever ago and yesterday that I was having that saline test done.

Peachy - I consulted Dr Google a little today, and I tallied up responses from a random message board thread where the poster asked women with BFPs when they go their earliest result and whether were pregnant with a singleton or twins. Of the 10 answers, there were 6 3-day transfers and 4 5-day transfers. It was remarkably consistent regardless of the day of transfer. Those with twins saw their first BFP at 9dpo, and those with singletons were 10-11dpo.

Peachy I'll admit I'm relieved she said no exercise. Lol. I wouldn't have minded if she'd said "you must sit on the couch with a blanket and an ice cream cone every night!" Lol!
Are you doing a 5 day transfer? My dr said that's the goal but they will do 3-5 depending.

Breaking Dawn, was your pain during and after ER bad enough to warrant anti inflammitories? I want to be sure to ask if something like that is safe to take if it's needed.

I was on IV and given sedative , so no pain during or after ER.

What I was talking about was the bloating caused by water retention and sensitive /sore ovaries (but not painful).

I took some Tylenol after sedative wore off later that day

Tulip it's so hard not to test but I'm going to try to make a little longer this time : )

Breaking I would like something a little stronger than Tylenol :)

Lanet you never know on the whole 3 or 5 day thing until it happens. Depends how many you get and how well they do. For instance even if I have 3 embryos and they are perfect they will do a 3 day and not chance a day 5. It's all so crazy because I think even ones that wouldn't make it to day 5 or aren't considered "good enough" to freeze can turn into beautiful healthy babies. Last time I did have blasts but since I know more now I am not worried about that at all where last time I was all about having them make it there.

Buny how are you holding up? Still having good positive thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->