First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

Congrats on being PUPO, Peachy! :happydance: Two days of complete bed rest sounds intense. How you holding up? Your embies look absolutely beautiful, btw.

Thanks Buny it sucks pretty bad. There's so much to do and I just lay here beached : ). I think it's ridiculous but if I don't do what I'm told I will regret it later. I think laying here makes me sore and stiff. I took tomorrow off work as well but plan on taking a nice walk even though it's cold. Right now it's 12 degrees outside but I still have my bedroom window open I feel claustrophobic. It's supposed to be nice out! How are you holding up? When is your estimated retrieval day this time?

Well my dr called, on a Sunday which is alarming, but she said bloodwork is good but my thyroid is low again so I have to double my dose. Maybe that explains my energy level.
Enjoy that bed rest peachy, you will be chasing after a little one soon and wishing for some bed rest;)

Surely not. Can you watch a good movie? Can you lay on your side? Read a book? Eat chocolate?

Lol normally I give up meat for Lent but I didn't this year because I thought I may need the protein and not mercury laden fish so I gave up chocolate instead and I am all peanut butter cookied out. I know I shouldn't complain but I feel like rigor mortis is setting in.

All this down time really lets the mind wander as well. If I had movie theater popcorn I could watch a movie : ). That's really the only reason I go to movies.

Oh and when I asked if that effected anything I was talking about your thyroid meds : )

Lol I thought you were asking if being miserable would effect anything!
I don't think so bc mine is only a little off in the first place. A regular dr wouldn't even treat it, but for fertility there are stricter guidelines. They want it between 1-2. Mine was 3.1, then on the meds it was 1.5. Now it's 2.9 again so they just want it back down. Pregnancy can also effect it so they want to watch it and have it in a good place to start with. Of course I'm going to google later and make sure!
I'm sure bed rest is only fun for the first several hours. Do you have to stay on your back? Have your hubs go get you popcorn and skittles and a movie!

I just read that bcp can effect thyroid levels, so hopefully that's all it is! They are rechecking me at my baseline on the 27th, so at least they are on top of things. That blood test costs me $143 until I reach my $1500 deductible. Which I'm guessing I'll meet pretty soon!

No they don't. And esp not fertility meds

Peachy- Bed rest is no fun hang in there it will be over soon try to enjoy it as best you can because soon you will be really uncomfortable with that baby kicking all night :)

lanet- It is great to know they are keeping on top of things I know for me that always gave me a sense of relief that I was in good hands. How much longer do you have before stims?

I have 8 days of bcp, then baseline the 27th, and stims hopefully the 28th! It's finally almost here! In 2 weeks I will be into it 4 days already. Yay!

Thanks Seoul I'm so glad that's all over! The wait sucks bad enough without laying around thinking about it with nothing to do.

Lanet we are back to sleet here and are expecting several inches of snow! Aahhhh!!!!

Messica I think you are supposed to get a lot more up there than we are here. Sorry but I am glad : )

So I called the clinic today to see if I needed being able to freeze at all and apparently I won't know until Wed when the final report is finished. I swear they piss me off so bad. Just flipping ridiculous.

Amanda I hope all your little embies went to freeze and you are on your way to fet!

Peachy - YAY FOR TRANSFER!!!! Hope the last couple of days weren't too miserable for you!

(I'll believe this supposed storm business when I see it.....it's GORGEOUS outside right now and I am happily rooted in complete denial lol)

lanet - I'm not sure if you've double checked already but when I picked up all my meds on Friday the pharmacist gave us quite the shock. Although our insurance does *not* cover anything related to IVF, including meds, should we need another cycle our overall med deductible (which I didn't know we had) will have been met with the expense of all the injectables this time around. I asked him to double check because I just plain couldn't believe it. He did and sure enough, if I were to need another cycle, insurance would cover our meds.......not because they're infertility meds but because we met some sort of separate annual med deductible.

On another note, I've only got 8 days of bcp's left too! We must be on different protocols though because I start Lupron this Friday, baseline on the 30th and no stims until the 31st. RE is predicting retrieval somewhere April 8-10th, and we'll be doing a 5 day transfer so 13th-15th depending on response. I thought we were closer schedule wise, I am jealous you get to dive in so quickly!

We are still pretty close! My retrieval date is somewhere between the 7th and the 12th, with transfer 5 days later. (Or 3 depending but I'm rooting for 5) I'm using ganirelix instead of Lupron. They said I will stim somewhere around 10-12 days.
That's interesting about the med deductible. This is new insurance so I have no idea but that would be nice! Then they could pay for my synthroid every month too. Did any of you use your walgreens rewards card to get points for all this? I'm sure going to try
Peachy we got sleet and snow all day yesterday although it didn't amount to more than an inch. Today in the 50s. Tomorrow 65!

I had the specialty clinic in the Cities run my walgreens rewards card even though I don't usually shop there. I ran to the little one near my hometown again on Saturday and asked to check my balance and it was only at 1000 (wah, wah, waaaaaah :p )

It couldn't have given me much if that's all I've got!

I thought it was 500 per prescription??? Maybe I looked at it wrong

I'm not super familiar with the program, but I know saw her run my card and I filled a total of what, 7 I believe? that day.

Lied - it was 8:
Leuprolide
Menopur
Follistim
Valium
Doxycycline
Minivelle
Novarel
Progesterone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts