First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

Walgreens specialty pharmacy doesn't accept the rewards card. Boooo!
Did you dh have to take an antibiotic?

At our first clinic he did but not this one. New RE said they found no benefit to it. He wasn't going to argue : )

It's silly bc dh is supposed to take 2 a day starting the day before retrieval, 1 in am 1 in pm. So he will have 1 left to take after he gives his sample so what's the point?
But with my dh history of high WBC in his semen I'm glad they're taking precaution. I just don't see how 3 pills will help.
7 bcp left!!!! (But who's counting?;)

Hmm.. When mine took them he did 5 days. I don't get the point of just 2 before his donation. 7 days is nothing the end is near! Then the beginning! So glad I am past that and praying I don't have to do it again : ). I found this stupid website ivfpredict.com and it said I basically have about a 19% success rate each cycle. Obviously variables change during a cycle but what a downer.

I had planned on testing Friday but now I am wavering on that. Probably will keep changing too as I'm moody : ). After finding out its a BFN I'd have a real hard time continuing with the shots and doing the 2 blood tests. I told them I wanted them to give my results on the answering service though so we could call and listen to them together. I've seen so many negatives and so many positives I just hate those things.

Peachy I did that same predictor and they gave me a much lower chance that my RE did. I think they give 40% as the highest. Don't worry!
I'm so excited to start and you will be getting your bfp around that same time!
Dh will have taken 3 pills before his sample, strange but I trust them. After this week things will start getting exciting!

I hope you are right but I've learned my lesson on putting everything on it. It really is better for me to be prepared for all possibilities. The disappointment can be devastatingly all consuming. I knew that going in that's why I waited until I could pay for the warranty program. At my old clinic if you pay per cycle they at least tend to be a little more aggressive and you have more say.

I totally get it. The devastation of failed iuis was enough. I know what a risk this is. I don't even want to think of the devastation of a failed cycle. I can't think of it. I'll feel ok if I have some frosties. Praying for bfp and frosties!
I do feel good about things though. I don't know your beliefs etc but I prayed really hard before deciding to do this and there was a strange peace for me that lets me know I'm doing the right thing and hopefully will have a great outcome and finally put this behind me. I'm so ready to put this behind me!

Yes I did/felt the same way. When my fresh cycled failed I was so relieved to have frosties but things happen. I was positive it would work. So positive in fact that it gutted me when things turned out the way they did. You are not me though and I'm sure things will work out great for you. You're also lucky because even if you were to pay by cycle it would still be the same as my program after 3. Your clinic is very reasonable.

It was even hard for me to want to talk to people again when we were going to get started again. Every time someone I chat with and like has bad news I lose my stomach and my heart sinks all the way to my toes. It's like feeling it all over again. I am more scared for you than for myself : ). It'll be alright though. Once you get going and have tons follicles growing you'll be home free : )

Oh and tonight on the Voice in a battle round it was someone from MN against someone from MO. The MN gal won : ) I really do need to get back to work.

When I was trying to make the decision I seriously kept thinking I couldn't survive it if it didn't work. I know I would, but I sure don't want to go through that.
I guess I'll just remain positive and pray for the best.
And yes I was telling dh we need me to respond well to meds, get plenty of eggs, have them fertilize beautifully and THEN we can feel we have a good chance.

I was watching the voice too! But I was multitasking;) I'm watching a documentary of some horrible people that do drugs all day and have children. One just had a baby and they found drugs in her system and took her away. This is what's so hard to understand in life. Why are they fertile? And a better question, why am I watching this?

Lol yes I can relate. I wonder why I read so much as well. I was watching a show where they had their babies in prison and got to keep them there !! I think the mom had to have less than a year left on her sentence when baby was born to keep them but who is the one really being punished?? I think I should only be allowed to watch the sound of music until beta day :winkwink:

I'm am avid teen mom watcher too. I must be a masochist.

Hey ladies!

How is everyone doing today? I tried to catch up on all the post from the week. I never seem to have time to come to bnb on the weekend.

Sounds like everyone is doing well and moving forward!

Peachy - I have a good feeling about this cycle for you!! How far along will you be on Friday if you do test? are yo back at work today?

Lanet - yay to 7 bcp left!!! Let's get this party started

I am patiently waiting for our ultrasound on Monday. I will be 6 weeks and 4 days. I wonder if they will be able to see the heartbeat that early?? it seems too early to me. I'm trying to be calm and collected until then, but would really like some reassurance. I feel a little nausea today so I think that is a good sign. Boobs hurt etc.

I decided to take and extra Omega 3 vitamin and an extra folic acid pill. My pharmacist said it won't hurt anything so might as well give it a go.

Red transfer was Sat so if it worked a positive should show up. Others have gotten their positives starting 4dp5dt. FRER says up to 6 days before missed period. Now are you sure you're waiting patiently? Lol. It will make you feel better to hear babies heartbeat and you should by then. I heard mine at 6 weeks exactly although implantation time comes into play but you'll get a better idea by measurements. Nausea is a good sign but so many lucky women have no symptoms at all. That was not the case for me last time but I did get these lozenges from my OB that worked beautifully. Also make sure you have small snacks and never let get yourself get too hungry that seemed to make it worse for me as well.

Peachy maybe you should wait until Monday. My mind plays tricks on me when I see a negative but there's still a small chance it's too early, and it's miserable!! But I don't know how long I'd be able to hold out. When is your beta?
Red I agree you will most likely see a heartbeat. I'll trade you places! You can be at this stage and I'll be at that one;)

My beta is the 25th but remember the second one is the 27th and they will not tell me anything til after the second one. You will be well on your way by then : ). I have to work the weekend and on Monday so I may want the day to feel sorry for myself and not deal with others that's why I chose Friday : )

That's so crazy that they won't give you results until the second beta!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->