First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

It's also crazy that I don't find out til tomorrow if I had anything to freeze. It's a bunch of shit. Especially since I can't call the line til after 3 and I start work at 1:30. So I either call from work or fret over it til I get home at midnight. My other clinic I found everything out right away and they are complete idiots to believe this actually reduces stress. They should leave it up to the individual.

I totally agree! It should be your choice. Much more agonizing not knowing. They should know that!
Are any of you guys taking baby aspirin after transfer as part of your protocol?

Yes I am still taking it. Plus 2 estradiol ,vitamin and PIO. Way less than what it was : )

I'm already taking synthroid, Allegra, bcp, vitamin, and magnesium. It's going to be a lot to keep straight!

Well I found out early I have no frozen ones :cry: so if this cycle isn't successful I have to start all over with another fresh. I just can't believe how much different this cycle is from my first one.

Wow how did you find out? That sucks:( I'm so sorry.
Allegra is just for my perennial allergies. I suffer year round

I got a call saying there was a message left on Notify MD. It said that only the highest grade embryos will be frozen and that it doesn't reflect on my chances as the 2 highest grade were chosen for transfer. I just hate this feeling. Ivf is such a crap shoot and it sucks. If I have to do another cycle it's not going to be easy to pay for meds either and listen I pray to God that this cycle is successful but it's a 50/50 shot every time. Such a nightmare roller coaster. I mean even my frozen ones I had transferred last time were highest grade and 1 didn't work and the 1 I got pregnant with was abnormal. There's just no way of ever knowing. Grades mean nothing and if they give me an 80% of getting pregnant what difference does it make if I end up in the 20%?

Listen i am just venting because i am disappointed and tired having no control over thus process. Whatever happens just happens. I don't want to get you down or ruin your pma. It's hard hearing things we don't want to hear. I do know of lots of women it worked for on the first try that had 3 day transfers and no frosties so it's just difficult for me to wrap my head around sometimes. Perhaps i am asking for too much.. i know i will be the luckiest woman in the world to walk away with 1 baby and that's the attitude i need to stick with. Most of us would love twins and 10 frosties for a huge family later on but now I would do anything for just one healthy baby of my own.. i am excited for your successful cycle because these stories always make me happy :flower:

Well peachy I really hope and pray for you that this cycle works. And that none of this will even matter. I know you're scared. I also know that no matter how much I try to protect myself it hurts the same in the end if it's not the result we hoped for. It's ok to vent!

Peachy- sorry you didn't have any frosties. I will pray that you get your BFP this time around. This whole process is so difficult. Vent away and when your done with this cycle you should really talk to your clinic about the ridiculous stress not knowing puts on people. Tell them you are paying to have this done and ultimately these are all medical results you are entitled to get as soon as they have the information. I hope you get your BFP straight away on Friday.

peachy - you are not asking too much, in ANY of this that I've seen.

I love this thread because it's not all sunshine and rainbows. I've bailed on others where everyone is cheery chipper happy go lucky because I didn't want to rain on their parade and bring anyone down. That's not reality, and it's super isolating. It's more than ok for you to vent when you get hit with news of no frosties. Just like you've been so supportive and understanding of others through their ups and downs, you deserve the same in return! Your optimism is admirable, but I hope you know most if not all here don't expect that 100% of the time. Be confused. Be sad. Be mad. Be whatever you need to be in the moment.

You obviously have a giant heart to think of others so much, even in your moments of ick. You deserve this as much as anyone else. And no, that's not asking too much to want it and be upset when things aren't going as you anticipated.

HUGS to you!!!!

Well while your venting, today my friend commented about me taking the birth control before ivf and said "well it is true that people are more fertile after taking birth control" um, no it's not. And it has nothing to do with anything here.
Then I told my mom I paid for my meds and they will be here Friday and she said "and then what do you do with them" um? Make crafts with them? Idk, take the medicine! And she's told me COUNTLESS times that I should not climb the stairs up to my bedroom bc that will hurt things and she's serious, all while demanding me to "stay calm!" I don't know about you guys but I hate being told to stay calm. Ok, there's my vent today.
And Messica I agree, I was having a bad day on a thread once, after a failed iui, and a girl actually said "no negative nellies" turns out she was trying for her 6th baby.
Some people don't get it.
Peachy are you covered in snow up there? Any good weather forecasted?
I'm off to watch the Little Couple. Best show ever, so happy for them since they finally got their adopted babies

Thanks so much ladies. I had quite the pity party and cried myself to a stuffy headache and besides my eyes being swollen I feel better : ). The worst part is that I wouldn't have done it if I weren't so flippin hormonal and even though I know it I still couldn't stop it. Just stupid. : )

Seoul are you taking bcp's ?

Messica how are you doing up there? Did you get a lot? I don't even think I have my scraper in my truck.

Lanet yes I woke up to a new blanket of white out there. 3 inches maybe. I just started watching the little couple not long ago and I adore them as well.

Buny how is your new cycle coming along?

Just watched a news piece on pets called micro pigs. Omg they are adorable! So want one . I don't think my 6 cats or 2 dogs would appreciate it though : )

Peachy I know personally the progesterone make me a hormonal emotional mess. And yes even knowing it's not really me doesn't help! So remind me that in a few weeks;) you're not supposed to cry yet though! Lol
Have you bought your test yet? The reason I'm cautious about the testing is bc on that closed support group on Facebook so many girls get a negative and then have a perfect positive beta. I'm not sure how long I'll hold out. I'll try for 8dp5dt.

And your yucky weather probably isn't helping. I know I need sunshine and birds chirping. I even have flowers coming up already!
Today my sis is getting a boob job so I took off work to take her and be with her.

I woke up yesterday to maybe an inch or two. All schools around us had closed and were anticipating the worst. Living out in the country I didn't want to have to worry about me either having to drive into town to get the kids or have them take the bus so I kept them home thinking their school was just being dumb (they've closed for -20 temps, but not for giant snow storms so I've learned not to trust them).

Turned out we didn't get another flake :dohh:

They enjoyed the random mom imposed snow day but I felt like a complete moron.

Today we've just got a bit of misty rain going on. So far no more snow and what we got yesterday has already started to melt.

You should share more about your critters. We've got our own zoo going on here and I'm always game for talking about fur children :flower:

I was at Target yesterday and passed on buying one as of yet. I think it's hard when it comes to tests because lots of peeps are addicts so buy Internet cheapies. The FRER is very accurate and I've never had a false negative. I have had a very light positive when my hcg wasn't even in the 20's. I had light ones with my ectopics so I knew something was wrong. It was funny too because the nurse tried telling me the lightness meant nothing it was how much dye was in the test. She has no clue as the test does continue to get darker depending how much is in there. You're sister should have done it during the winter so she'd be all healed up by now to start showing it off already in your 70 degree weather : )

Messica you got lucky though because some places got 10 inches. Driving this morning was junk. My cats are Athena, Adonis,Apollo, Anteros, Aphrodite, and Ares. Yes I'm sure you can see a pattern forming.. my dogs though are Toby and Esme. I really want that pig though lol. I wasn't aware you had children of your own I thought you only had day care kids. Sorry I didn't pay attention. How old are they?

Peachy I don't think I knew about your ectopics. When and what happened? I'm sorry about that:( I haven't seen a positive in 11 years so I wouldn't know much about them and I imagine myself falling on the floor crying when I see one.
My sister is very small and has always wanted breast implants. She just got engaged and is having a fall wedding on the beach so she had to fast track this surgery!
I have 2 fur babies too. A Jack Russell/dacshound (spelling?) mix. And a chihuahua. The Jack Russell is absolutely obsessed w me and has to be by me at all times. She's funny. And the chihuahua is our baby boy and I carry him as such. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->