First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

lanet - it's an ethical thing for him. The freezing just doesn't sit right. None of this has and he's made some pretty huge concessions in regards to his beliefs so I don't feel right pushing him farther. If it's our only option because we have to cancel the cycle then we'll cross that bridge when we get there. But as it stands one shot, fresh cycle, is all we've got.

I can't complain as it's more than I could have ever even asked for.

mononoke - love your daughters names, they're beautiful! And I've never heard of anyone actually having a bull terrier - how fun is that??!

I can totally respect that Messica. We are faced with questions and decisions we never thought we'd have to think about.

Yes mononoke your daughters names are beautiful. My daughter is Kylee. Do you have names picked out for this one? I have a boy name. I could never think of a boy name before but this one came to me recently and just feels so right!

I agree with lanet...my own mother was against our ivf...she keeps on telling me tat if its not God's will people should not interfere ( she' s a typical devout catholic mother)...we almost have an argument about it..basicalky i just told her to respect my decision..

Messica my bullmterrier is a lot of fun...its a very active breed and needs a lot of exercise..very loyal and constantly want attention... Very strong too and pound for pound muscle so training is important from the get go so they dont play as rough...they are very funny though and has a face only mothers coukd love...

For this one, if i we have a boy well name him Aragon, and if she's a she well name her Arkiana...my personal favorite was Arleili but everybody in the house voted against it :(

My daughter and my husband think all the names on my list are ridiculous! My daughter says I might as well name the baby "chair" or "pillow" lol. My husband agrees on the boy name. Oliver.
Those are lovely names mononoke!

Mononoke in my opinion, God created science for us to use. But I understand where other people come from.

Well I found out early I have no frozen ones :cry: so if this cycle isn't successful I have to start all over with another fresh. I just can't believe how much different this cycle is from my first one.

Peachy I'm sorry you don't have any frosties :hugs: How many did you transfer the first cycle? I still have a good feeling about this cycle for you :thumbup:

Oliver is a winderful name...do you have anything in mind for a girl

Yes I have several ideas, but nothing that really stands out yet. I like Hazel, Lena, Lita, and Ryan for girls.

Ryan is hubs name, but I do love it for a girl lanet.

The names we've picked out are Evan, and Piper. We've been stuck on those since we were dating :)

Messica piper is on my list too! And Harper.
My hubs name is Preston and I love that name for a boy too but we don't want to do a jr.

mononoke - I was raised devout Roman Catholic, hubs was raised pretty devout Lutheran. Surprisingly our immediate families have been incredibly supportive and haven't said anything in regards to ethics. Just that they want this to happen for us so badly, no matter how we have to go about it. You have no idea what a huge relief that was.

I'm not sure why hubs is so uncomfortable with certain aspects. I'm not even sure he understands why he feels that way himself because when we talk about it he genuinely struggles to find words for what exactly bothers him about it. I too am in the boat of God blesses us with the knowledge and ability, but do respect that not everyone feels that way.

I like Ryan for a girl's name.. I was actually thinking of Ethan as a girl name too but hubby didn't agree. But we agree on either boy or girl second name will be his name -Jason.

Piper is getting popular nowadays, my hubby's niece in VA is Piper...Sarah Palin has interesting names for her brood - I like Willow the most.

Messica - like what you've said I think your hubby did meet you half way considering how he feels about it :)..likewise you are very considerate too to give him some reservations too :)

Love all the fur baby pictures. I have two German Shepherds myself :) I also love all the names :)

I totally get the whole ethical reasons but also believe God gave us intelligence and these developments for a reason and if a couple that loves each other wants to procreate we should be able to. Besides as all of us here know IVF does not guarantee babies there are women that try this multiple times and never get their BFP's I believe if God doesn't want something to happen it won't no matter what and he has his reasons. My mother in law is completely against this and I could not take the criticism anymore so we no longer shared any information and even though I am sure she suspect we conceived through IVF I will never tell. She made it sound like she would not be able to love our child if he or she was born through these means and DD should not have to deal with that. I understand her reasons and I admire how good of a Catholic woman she is that she can obey all the rules, but I don't consider myself a bad Catholic for going through IVF and I did speak to a priest and made peace with going against my religion for us to have a child ultimately it is DH and my problem no one should judge either way.

Peachy- I am on progynova which is Estrogen typically the medicine is used on menopausal women.

So today I had my ultra sound and it was a little disappointing. My lining is perfect for transfer but I have one giant follicle that is not supposed to be there. Looks like I am about to ovulate and I am not supposed to on this medication. I don't get it I never ovulate and my body decides to when it is not supposed to. I guess that is what happens when I don't patiently wait for my period to come on its own. So now I have to go back on Saturday and check to see how the follicle looks. He will keep a close eye on it and said maybe we will do a transfer the following weekend. Although I have heard a lot of doctors typically cancel cycles if you have ovulated but he never mentioned canceling it so we will see.

Oh no Seoul, I hope you don't have to wait. You would think they would want to do fet after natural ovulation when your body is naturally ready to accept it, but I don't know much about fet.

I just thought to share a picture of this spoiled pooch who always call shotgun during car rides...

Attachments

• IMG-20121019-00076.jpg
    IMG-20121019-00076.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 2
Oh my gosh his face is the sweetest!

Seoul is it possible you could conceive naturally this month if you ovulate?

Ladies you were all busy little chatterboxes yesterday while I was at work so I hope I didn't miss anything important so please feel free to ask again or don't get upset when I ask an already answered question : ).

I am Lutheran and I think I'm a pretty decent Christian however when it comes to ivf I believe God opens doors to make the impossible possible all the time and he gave us free will. I love God. In my eyes he is all knowing, understanding, and forgiving. Religion is very subjective and continues to change. I went to Catholic schools and as times have changed so has the churches position on many things. The new Pope is very forward thinking however many people especially older ones hang on to more traditional views. To each their own.

Red what day did you test and get your bfp?

For anyone interested because they plan on being a poas addict Target has FRER 3 packs for $12.99 and if you buy 2 you get a $5 gift card plus each box has a $1 off coupon on it. Whew I felt like that was a mouth full and I typed it!! Anyhow I plan on testing tomorrow morning (scared as all hell) with fmu. Not sure if I can even call it that as I pee all damn night anyways so hopefully I can at least hold it from like 3-6.

Mono what a neat looking pooch! I would post photos but honestly don't know how. Every time I try it say it's too big. I use my phone (Galaxy Note 3) so don't know if it works differently if you use the puter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->