First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

Lanet, I thought your name looked familiar :)

I can't believe we are both at this stage!!

When will you be starting BCP?

I just got the call about my meds, I will have them tomorrow :) All $4809.46 of them, ugh!!

Welcome Amanda! Your story sounds very similar to my own. Thanks to Lanet telling me about a program she applied for I am going to get off meds. I know it seems a little late but they reply within 24 hours so perhaps it's something you could do real quick before picking them up.

Peachy who is it??? And, I don't have my actual RX from my dr, they office called it directly into Freedom Pharmacy.

btw, Nice to meetcha... I read most of the thread and saw that you are a TR sister also :) Where are you in IVF process?

It's first steps. If you Google first steps fertility enrollment it should come up. I emailed them the application and tax forms and was approved within 24 hours. Then you just have a special code you use at the pharmacy and I think freedom pharmacy participates.
I will start bcp as soon as af shows. I haven't had a period since dec 30, so I never got to start them for the march cycle. Should be any day now though.

Thanks for the info Lanet, jeez why is your cycle so long?? Is that normal for you?

You really should apply just to see its definitely worth it and my RE said stims are alike so he will prescribe something if it's insurance specific etc. I am almost a week down on bcp's and have my consent signing Tues when I will get my schedule as well. We'll as long as my lady parts still look good : ). Since taking the clomid (not sure if it's coincidence) periods /ovulation have been messed up and painful.

Peachy, we sign consents on Monday :)

I see in your signature that your 2nd IVF resulted in a MC, do you know what caused it?? How many embryos did you transfer each time?? How many did you produce your first go around?

16. 10 were mature and 9 fertilized normally. 5 went to blast and we transferred a 3 ab and a 3 bb for our fresh cycle and a 5Aa and a 5AB for our frozen and we still have a 3 aa frozen. Our baby had a trisomy that occurs during fertilization it's not from my husband nor myself. Just really crappy luck. This time we are doing a warranty program so we are starting over.

I'm sorry to hear that bout your baby :(

So, are you doing a FET this time to transfer the 3aa??

No we are starting over at a new clinic. We did the cost share program so we get 3 fresh and unlimited frozen cycles for up to 1 year. Hoping it works the first try though : ). Does insurance cover anything for you?

No we are starting over at a new clinic. We did the cost share program so we get 3 fresh and unlimited frozen cycles for up to 1 year. Hoping it works the first try though : ). Does insurance cover anything for you?

How much did you have to pay for that?? And, did you have to pay it upfront??

My insurance doesn't cover anything :( I have it figured that it will cost us $14759.28 for this one cycle!!! And that does include ICSI, or freezing of embryos.

Does your insurance cover anything?

Hey Amanda. I think we are all in the same boat with insurance. No help at all!
And my cycles are irregular but this is quite excessive, I think my body is scared to start ivf and it's rebelling lol.

For my age it's $24,000 not including meds but everything else like icsi and storage. My insurance only covers the bcp's ,estrace,progesterone all the cheap stuff of course. If it doesn't work ( I know it will ) I would get $18,500 refunded. For my first cycle it was around $15,000 total as well so this time we just thought it best to be prepared. Our fet was $2,500 so really I wish we had done it from the start but since our only issue is my tubes I was positive it would work. And it does work for so many on the first try.

Hi Peachy, thanks for asking. The twin beans are doing well, they both have strong heartbeat and growing. Baby B is a little smaller than Baby A though. I am exactly 10 weeks today and has been doing ultrasound weekly. I am going for another one tomorrow and RE said that I may be graduating tomorrow.

I see that you guys are starting with BCP already...I am sending you all prayers, good luck and baby dust... Get a lot of rest and prepare your body so you guys can make the best eggs!

Mono you are so lucky and only a couple weeks away from the "safe zone"! I would love to be in your spot but I was reading about a gal last night that had 2 put back and ended up with quads. I guess it's very rare but wow! At least you get the weekly ultrasounds to keep your mind at ease that would be nice.

Hey Amanda. I think we are all in the same boat with insurance. No help at all!
And my cycles are irregular but this is quite excessive, I think my body is scared to start ivf and it's rebelling lol.

Will your dr give you anything to help bring on AF?? That has to be so frustrating :(

Wow quads from 2! That's amazing! I would love to be 10 weeks with twins too! That's awesome that you are getting weekly ultrasounds.
Amanda they were going to induce af but I had just ovulated so they said I would just have to wait the 2 weeks, as the provera wouldn't work quicker anyway with my own progesterone already flowing. I'll call again if af isn't here by Monday. But it's too late now anyway if I'm supposed to be on bcp for a few weeks. Their march cycle starts feb 22.
Happy valentines day everyone! I'm not sure how I'm going to make it through the day with work, dd class parties, baking cupcakes, and then birthday party after school!

For my age it's $24,000 not including meds but everything else like icsi and storage. My insurance only covers the bcp's ,estrace,progesterone all the cheap stuff of course. If it doesn't work ( I know it will ) I would get $18,500 refunded. For my first cycle it was around $15,000 total as well so this time we just thought it best to be prepared. Our fet was $2,500 so really I wish we had done it from the start but since our only issue is my tubes I was positive it would work. And it does work for so many on the first try.

WOW! So much money!!

Wow quads from 2! That's amazing! I would love to be 10 weeks with twins too! That's awesome that you are getting weekly ultrasounds.
Amanda they were going to induce af but I had just ovulated so they said I would just have to wait the 2 weeks, as the provera wouldn't work quicker anyway with my own progesterone already flowing. I'll call again if af isn't here by Monday. But it's too late now anyway if I'm supposed to be on bcp for a few weeks. Their march cycle starts feb 22.
Happy valentines day everyone! I'm not sure how I'm going to make it through the day with work, dd class parties, baking cupcakes, and then birthday party after school!

I see...

Happy Valentines Day to you too :) Your day sounds like mine, it my DD's last class party :( since she will be going to Jr High next year...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->