First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

Lanet best of luck being/doing a thousand things at once today! Lol it is when being a Mom is most rewarding.

The whole insurance thing I'd a bummer. I read this one gals blog where she would switch jobs to get the coverage for ivf. Not an option for me but very crafty. Lanet are you by chance anywhere near Ozarks?

Yes I'm right in the ozarks!
Well so far I've decorated cupcakes, done a haircut, ran to the school for class party, dd talked me into going to get her lunch, now back at work doing a highlight, I have to leave in 1 hour to get dd from school, then take my mom flowers, then get ready for bday party. It's the fun kind of busy and you're right it is rewarding! As long as I don't run late...
Idek know of a job that would offer insurance that would cover ivf! But I wouldn't want to switch.

My meds were just delivered, and talk about OVERWHELMING!!! WOW!!

Yes it is a lot and it ID overwhelming. I think the key is to be organized. Separate it all and write yourself a little cheat sheet on what needs to be where how much and when. Actually seeing it on my own paper made it easier for me so I wasn't keeping it in my head or on their chart.

Lanet my family owns a restaurant called Reds Savoy Pizza and we started franchising a while back and I remembered one was opened up there. I could use some decent highlights : )

Yes it is a lot and it ID overwhelming. I think the key is to be organized. Separate it all and write yourself a little cheat sheet on what needs to be where how much and when. Actually seeing it on my own paper made it easier for me so I wasn't keeping it in my head or on their chart.

Lanet my family owns a restaurant called Reds Savoy Pizza and we started franchising a while back and I remembered one was opened up there. I could use some decent highlights : )

I will def be doing some organizing with this stuff when I get home :)

Peachy do you have your meds yet? Just wondering how exactly the discount worked out?
I have raging pms. Fat, ugly, and even bad hair. I hope this passes soon!

Lol I feel like that and I'm on birth control! No I don't have meds yet although I did make 2 copies of the letter today so I can have Dr fax with prescriptions and 1 for me in case something happens to the first. I won't get meds til after baseline ultrasound so probably a couple weeks or so. Relaxing today after all that chaos yesterday?

Well actually I'm working today. But date night with dh later! And I told him I need wine to be involved lol.
Good idea about printing off multiple letters!
And that's what scares me about this pms bc this is how I feel on bcp too. It may be a long couple of months...

You'll be so excited about getting started you may not pay attention to the pesky bcp's . I just got done with all the consent forms and talk about overwhelming. Doesn't get any easier the second time around. More crap to go through than getting our loan or buying my house. Hope date night was fun it's nice to get out just the 2 of you. Is your hubby just as excited about all of this?

I think we already have our consent forms. We got an ivf folder with a ton of info and forms to sign. Everytime I read it in detail I get a little nervous!
Yes you're right I think I'll be happy and releaved to get started. I am worried about gaining some weight from all of this, bc I've already out on 8lbs somehow. I'm only 5'3 so I don't have room to put on weight before I get pregnant.
Date night was wonderful!!! We had wine and sushi and watched a movie. And yes we are both excited to think that this could really be it, that in a couple months I could finally be pregnant and all this could be behind us. And he wants twin boys lol. What about your dh is he excited?

Yay for enjoying yourselves! That time is soo imprtant. I understand about the weight because I am very much overweight. I am 5'4 1/2 (every little bit helps) and when I started a little over a year ago I weighed 139 and now weigh 180. It sucks and it's all been very stressful plus we kind of went backwards from the fresh cycle to the frozen cycle to the 3 rounds of clomid. It's all been hard. I went to the gym this morning though : ). I love my husband very much but he's a lot more reserved and skeptical now. When we first started he was so happy and gung ho and positive we would finally get what we had waited so long for after all we had been through. Over the past few months it had been what it's and a lot about all the money but since it turned out how it did last time I can't help but spend more to get some assurance that it will work if that makes any sense. He doesn't smoke a lot but he does smoke and adding to all the other stuff him having to quit has turned him into a real ass : )

I hover around 137 as my happy weight but I'm 145 now and that's not ok. I seem to gain 10-15 lbs each time I do a medicated cycle. Luckily I've had time in between to work at getting it off but it's frustrating. I feel like I've gained more weight and been more tired since starting the synthroid.and had the longest cycle of my life. Well I decided not to take it today or yesterday and guess what? I feel like my old self, I have energy, housework doesn't seem overwhelming. I'm going to call and talk to the dr about it tomorrow. I gained that weight and I've also ran 50+miles since the beginning of January, so it's not like I haven't been trying!
I'm sure your hubs is stressed, and then quitting on top of that I can only imagine! But good for him. My hubs gets seriously stressed about money too. He's very much about saving everything so this has been tough.
Oh and....af is here!!!!!!!!

Yay! It's about damn time! Do you think stopping that medication had anything to do with it? I am not happy about my weight at all but I swear the drugs fight me on trying to take it off and since I am running out of time I'm just going to have to suck it up and focus on not gaining much during pregnancy and will have the best strollers when the time arrives! I did everything I was supposed to last time I was at a good weight I exercised I did acupuncture and drank teas. If it's going to work its going to work its about getting to the right embryo(s).

Amanda how are the meds treating you? Everything's going well I hope.

That's right peachy, don't worry about the weight, you can get it off later, just focus on getting preggo! I'm not going to stress too much about it either. Idk if stopping the meds had anything to do with it. I think my dr will be mad at me for stopping but I seriously feel so good today. I'll just have to talk to her about it.
Now to get bcps this week! And then do I do the scan and bloodwork or wait awhile?

For me it's the consents and mock transfer on Tues and sit down to discuss protocol and schedule. It's supposed to take a few hours but it won't because I don't have to do the injection training again. We'll decide when I start and before I start stims we'll do a baseline to make sure I have enough follies and all looks good. Plus of course the Lupron first then start stimming. It would be nice if that period were even less than last time. Then hcg injection and retrieval I think 36 hours after that then either 3 or 5 days later comes transfer. It really does go by awfully fast believe it or not. Since you start bcp's now but have to wait for the next cycle what dates did they give you?

Hi Guys,

Sometimes I feel like I should not be in this thread since I am not going on an IVF cycle. But I hope you guys don't mind :). Anyway, so my husband and I went for our 10 weeks ultrasound on Valentines Day. And the good news is Baby A is right on the time of gestational age 10.1, it has a heartbeat of 174 and it looks like a miniature baby at this time. However, Baby B just stopped growing and the Doctor could not find a heartbeat. We are going back tomorrow morning for a final check up and we are also seeing my OB. The doctor said that I do not have to do anything since my body will take care of it.

I have no bleeding or spotting, no cramping and only dull pain sometimes in my pelvic area but nothing that can hint about Baby B not continuing anymore. It is really surprising and very, very confusing :confused:because they have both strong heartbeat and were growing every week for the last 4 weeks. Although Baby B is always a little smaller, when I was 9 weeks, she/he was 8.2. But last Friday, she was still 8.2 when I'm supposed to be 10 and the little peanut looked really small and blurry. I have to admit that I have been worried about Baby B all this time because when I had a check up with my OB for my annual pap-smear (I was 8 weeks), she said that she'll worry about the smaller baby not going through. In addition, I have been reading a lot about the vanishing twin syndrome and I was very afraid to be one of the statistics. The RE also have explained to me that first trimester m/c are usually not caused by any external trauma but most likely chromosomal flaw of the baby. Basically, a survival of the fittest in its showing. RE said that I can continue with the pregnancy just fine.

This prompted me to search to the internet if anyone has an experience of not finding heartbeat and then seeing it again, miraculously there was one story that I did find and her baby is now 2 years old. I am also thinking if its possible that Baby B could just be in a different angle since I have a tilted uterus and have had adhesions because of my CS section with my eldest. At this time, we are praying and hoping for a miracle but whatever He gives us we will still be very happy, as Baby A is doing very well, his size is exactly my gestational age, saw his arms and hands and a big head. The doctor has now ordered me to stop all my PIO.

BTW regarding weight gain during IVF, for some odd reasons, I actually lose weight when I was in my cycle. Not sure, if your protocol include Medrol which is a steroids...but that kept me up and restless. So it was such a conscious effort to relax and make sure I am rested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->