First ivf march 2014! Please join me!

mononoke I'm so sorry to hear that. That exact thing happened in another thread, only it had been iui twins. Hopefully you're right and baby b was at an odd angle. And I'm sure baby A will keep thriving.
Peachy we've had everything except the infectious disease testing so I suppose we will schedule that with the trial transfer. They only told me the April cycle starts April 6. So I'm not sure what exactly that means. I'm sure I'll know more tomorrow when I talk to them.
Also, my sister just got engaged, which is really exciting, but I have this horrifying thought of what if she gets pregnant before I do? I know they will at least wait until they are married, which will be August, but I just really need this ivf to work. I would be devastated:(

Mono I am so sorry hon. Unfortunately losing 1 twin seems to be very common and while I would love for you to get a miracle ( which you still have with your little miracle still growing) my biggest concern wouldn't be finding a heartbeat but that baby has stopped growing. You do belong on this thread hon it's not about what stage we're in but about the support we can give :hugs:

Hopefully April 6th means retrieval date so you can stop bcp's sooner. Thats what it means at my clinic anyway. Since I have started this journey my bff of 30 years has had 2 babies and 1 is my goddaughter so I understand how you feel.She already had 2 children and is one of the ones that offered to carry my baby for me. You will find though that your happiness for the one you love ends up being a little stronger than the envy you feel at them getting what you want. Just keep thinking it is going to work and you will have totsicles for later. Should the unthinkable happen do you all have a back up plan? It always helps me be a little more at ease.

I don't have a back up plan. I feel like this is our one shot. Hoping to have some frozen for future tries. I'm scared to think beyond that...

I didn't have a back up plan the first time either. We had the money we needed for our one try and I wasn't going to wait to save more because I was very hopeful. I had good logic though because I thought even if it didn't work I'd still have frozen ones (which I was right about and was blessed to have) and even doing both it would be cheaper than paying for the warranty program. My fresh transfer was bad and for a while I couldn't help but wonder if it hadn't gone badly if it would have worked and of course my frozen transfer did work it was just terrible luck.

It took a year but I did find a way to try again and if not I could still have used the one I have frozen. I truly believe the odds are in your favor and you have no reason not to believe it will work. You're young and healthy and the only thing wrong with your hubby is fixed by using icsi.

Oh and one more thing I wonder about. When we signed our consents the dr had said we'd do a 3 day transfer which I was not thrilled about and told him so so we agreed to leave it up to the embryologist because I was positive 5 day were better than 3 day and now I question even that even though some people say if they don't make it to day 5 they wouldn't make it anyways and I don't really believe that now. I think some just do better inside than out and I think the longer you go the more complicated handling them is. While I still think blasts are wonderful I think day 3 embies are just as capable of being healthy babies so whichever way you go don't worry about that part : )

I'm with you thinking the 5 day is better.
Remind me again why your fresh cycle was bad?

I want back and read about your transfer being bad. Reminds me of my last iui! It took her 20 minutes to get the catheter in! Ouch

It took a year but I did find a way to try again and if not I could still have used the one I have frozen. I truly believe the odds are in your favor and you have no reason not to believe it will work. You're young and healthy and the only thing wrong with your hubby is fixed by using icsi.

Hi Ladies:

I know IVF really hurts our pocket but I definitely recommend that if you can reach deeper in the pocket it is wise to do at least two attempts.

I have a friend who has the luck of having a live birth at first attempt and then after a year did an FET with her frozen and she also got very lucky and had a live birth from it. Her husband has azoospermia, they literally opened him up and was able to get 14 sperms from him. My friend was 34 at that time and her husband is 37.

When I was signing up for my IVF I was almost tempted to do just one attempt because I thought I have had my own kids and I had no problem conceiving them, my husband has low count but not to the point of no sperm count such as the case with azoospermia. So I should be fine just like my friend. However, I look at the amount and with the $2,000 dollars difference, I might as well, just to make sure.

Besides, I've tried to compare my lifestyle with my friend, my friend has a charmed life, I mean she has no kids, she has her own driver, maid and don't work all provided by her husband. She has no stressor like I do and I have a very stressful job plus my kids. So I thought just to make sure I am covered, I paid for two. And am so glad I did.

My 1st attempt failed and the embryologist swear I will get pregnant and I didn't and to top it, out of the 11 that were harvested, only four fertilized and two matured. No frozen left. Second attempt, 11 harvested, 10 fertilized, 3 matured - all were transferred. Anyway there are so many factors, including how your body respond to the medication. I mean I really thought I was going to get pregnant at the first time, I eat healthy, I am fit and was at the best shape of my life.

Just my two cents. Hope this helps

I wish I had your friends money! Yes it would be nice if everyone could afford to do a program like mine. If I had done it the first time it probably would have worked on the first try that's just my kind of luck! When do you go back for another ultrasound?

In my case. It's no cheaper to buy 2 at a time, so I guess we would cross that bridge later. I am holding out hope for some frozen.
Well I finally have a plan! I start bcp tomorrow and you were right, the week of April 7 is retrieval date!!! I could possibly have a transfer ON my birthday!!!!!! April 10.
I also talked to the nurse about how tired I've been since starting the synthroid. I really hope my dr doesn't get annoyed by me for asking questions like this but I really have given it a good 6 weeks, surely we can try something else.

I wish I had your friends money! Yes it would be nice if everyone could afford to do a program like mine. If I had done it the first time it probably would have worked on the first try that's just my kind of luck! When do you go back for another ultrasound?

I just came back from my ultrasound and we saw Baby A kicking and moving and very active. It is bittersweet, Baby B still has no activity, no heartbeat and now starting to look really blurry, the doctor said it's because the tissue is now deteriorating. So I do not have to do anything since Baby A will take over and Baby B will be absorbed back by my body.

We still do feel very lucky because when we were at the RE this morning, we just saw a couple that has a very devastated look on their face and I almost wanted to give her a hug..needless to say those kind of reactions you can pretty much infer that it is not good.

I am now starting to fear the ultrasound, since you might be confronted with things that you don't want to know or see or not hear.

February is a short month, you're retrieval and transfer will be around the corner before you know it.

Lanet Yay for getting started! Hopefully retrieval will NOT be on your birthday! You don't want to spend your bday tired and crampy. Next one you'll have a clingy baby so you want to enjoy this one!

Mono I will never forget seeing the ultrasound that always had the flickering heartbeat be so still that I knew right away and had to ask the tech because she wouldn't tell me. You think the worry stops when you get the bfp but it only opens up new worries. You are only a couple weeks away from being past the 12 week mark. Your other baby only made it to 8 and this one is very strong at 10. Try to find comfort in the ultrasounds as seeing the little one will make you feel better every time.

Is it a lot??

Yes, it is a bunch!! I have them all organized, and ready to be put to use :)

Leaving in just a bit to go for my ultrasound to make sure everything looks good, so that I can start Lupron tonight :)

Lanet and Peachy, I can totally relate to the weight gain :( I am short 5-1 1/2 and as of now I am 138 :( I normally weigh about 110-115, all of these meds in the last 2 years have not been nice to my poor body.

Mononoke I'm so sorry. It must be such bittersweet/mixed emotions dealing with a loss and celebrating a healthy baby at the same time. Hugs to you.
Peachy I'll take anything in my bday as long as it gives me a baby, but I was more thinking transfer that day, which would be totally cool, and then I'll just lay in bed and have my fave food brought to me! Sounds like a good day to me! Lol
Amanda how long will you be on the Lupron? All of you girls better stay on this thread so I can ask you a million questions since you are all going through it first!
Oh and I was just remembering one good thing about bcps, it makes my skin SO clear. So does pregnancy. Something to look forward to.

Don't worry Lanet you'll be a pro in a very short order!

Amanda hope things went well at your ultrasound and you were able to start tonight

Hey ladies!!!

Ultrasound was great, NO cysts!! Didn't get to start Lupron last night though because my Dr is going out of town next Tuesday and that was the date of my baseline, so we had to push everything by a couple of days. So I start Lurpon in the morning, and finish of on BCP on Sunday and go for baseline next Thursday and start Gonal F and Menopur on the 28th.

Lanet, I have been breaking out since being on BCP :( I look like a teenager hitting puberty, my face and chest :( I am ready to be done with them, my boobs are killing me and i feel crampy... Also, it looks like I will be on Lupron for about 20 days.

I have to call in for a refill on my BCP for 2 freaking pills!!! Luckily they are free!! lol

Lmao I have a zit as well. My appt went well today well everything looked good at least but it was uncomfortable. To make sure transfer goes well during retrieval he will put in a stitch so he can pull down my cervix if he needs to so there won't be a possibility of it happening like last time. My baseline is next Tues and I won't be using Lupron this time I will be using ganirelix so my tentative retrieval date depending on how long stims are will be March 10th. Crazy how fast it all happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->