First IVF with PGD soon. Anyone else?

More sad news. Of my 13 follies only 6-8 of them are growing. Because of my age RE feels my chances are slim. Waiting for the official word that my cycle is cancelled. And we are done trying. Thank you for your support. I am keeping my FX'd you all get your bfp's soon.

oh no, I am so sorry to read such sad news. I wish I could say something to make you feel a little better but I know very well there are no words.
It just seems so early on. How many days have you stimulated? With my successful IVF I only had 3-4 follies after a week. They managed to get 6 mature eggs in the end. I was almost 40. Are you paying out of pocket?

I will be thinking of you Sophie :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi eabwhab. I've been stimming since Sunday. So today is day 6 of Follistim. I am paying out of pocket. So far for just this cycle we've prepaid $11,855 for IVF PGD portion. And currently out 6k for drugs (most of which I haven't used). Feeling very discouraged. Still no call from my RE's office. They are on a skeleton crew because of the Thanksgiving holiday. I was told this morning they were closing at 1:30. I think they've forgotten to call with my plan. And I'm not sure what to do over the weekend?!

RE just called. They are letting me continue on. Decreasing my Follistim but adding Menopur and Ganirelix starting today. E2 almost tripled in 48 hours which I guess is good. FX'd! I'm stunned it's not over.

Sophie,

I am so happy to hear that you are continuing on! Actually, with my successful IVF things got started so slowly that I asked whether it was better to cancel, the RE said that it was still early (though it had been a week of stimming). Sure enough it was successful. I hope this is what is going to happen to you. I will keep my fingers crossed and will keep thinking of you.

I know it is a lot of money, I am really hopeful that it will work out.

:hugs::hugs:

So I added Menopur and Ganirelix yesterday to my Follistim. Until then I could feel the follicles developing in my ovaries which is normal for me. I've felt this my entire life. But now I feel nothing. Is this normal you think? Or has the Ganirelix halted my process somehow?! Worried.

Update: I can feel the follicles in both my ovaries again so hoping all is well.

Hey Sophie,

glad you are feeling your follies again :)

Don't worry, ganirelix will simply prevent you from ovulating early.

When is your next monitoring appointment?

I won't have E2 results for hours but ultrasound wasn't bad. I have 10 follies all about the same size. Another 4 less than 10. And 6 micros. For my age that's pretty good I think. I have another appt tomorrow. ER is Thursday or Friday. FX'd! Of course my issue isn't conceiving so hoping at least 1 of these follicles has a genetically sound egg.

wow, that is really good!! You are almost there! Yes, one of those eggs will be good!

I hope so!! I'm so nervous. I have 2 follies measuring 17 right now with 8 more roughly 14-16. RE wants them all close to 18 without overcooking the ones already measuring 17. So hoping they don't trigger me too early or too late. I'd love to have 8-10 mature eggs to fertilize, test, etc

Those all sound like great numbers. Best wishes! Really hope this is successful for you.

Oooohhh its so close!!! Cant wait to hear whats next for you.

E2 is 1304. Meds tonight and tomorrow morning. Repeat ultrasound and E2 tomorrow. Tentative plan is ER Thursday. Can't believe how quickly I got to this point. It flew by.

E2 is 1304. Meds tonight and tomorrow morning. Repeat ultrasound and E2 tomorrow. Tentative plan is ER Thursday. Can't believe how quickly I got to this point. It flew by.

I'm glad it went fast! That's a great e2 level!

Sophie, your numbers look really good. Yes, it is all about timing. Trust your RE. It has definitely gone by fast. ER is just around the corner. You are doing great!

I will be checking for updates.

I have 14 follicles today but about half of them are only 13-15. RE hopes we'll get 6-8 mature eggs at retrieval Thursday.
However I've hit a snag. Woke up today sick. Major stomach pain with vomiting and diarrhea. Sorry tmi! I feel like I'm dying. OHSS or a virus?! Either way this is terrible. Praying it doesn't derail the entire cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->