First IVF with PGD soon. Anyone else?

Really hope you start to feel better. Hope it's not OHSS. I've not heard of vomiting and diarrhea with it, but I'm sure it's possible and happens. Everyone is different. Regardless I hope it clears up and you are fine.

I think it's a virus. First stomach virus I've had in probably 10 years. Terrible timing! My E2 has stalled out. It's 1400. So maybe 7 mature eggs?! RE is having me do 2 Ovidrel triggers plus my dose of Follistim tonight. ER Thursday. Praying my husband doesn't get this bug. I should be fine by Thursday but he has to give his sample!!

Hey Sophie,

good luck tomorrow! Everything will be ok. I hope you are feeling better and your husband did not catch the virus

Hi. I'm better! Not 100% but good enough. ER is a go for tomorrow. I have 14 follies but RE thinks only 7 are mature. Seven of them are right on the cusp of maturity measuring 13-15 so he had me do a final Follistim injection right before my 2 triggers last night hoping to give them a boost. Waiting on today's E2 results now.
The odds of having just one healthy embryo seem stacked against us especially if I only have 7 mature. Struggling to stay positive. I'll know tomorrow how many were retrieved and Friday how many fertilized.

Final E2 is 1646. Hoping at least 8 are mature and they all fertilize.

We just did our 4th and final IUI with injections yesterday and are setting up for IVF with retrieval in January. Last week I was told that I have an amh of 2.03. I am 36. Because of these results, my RE said that we should stop trying IUI and move to IVF. Prior to the amh result he said we could continue with IUI since we hadn't had a "optimal cycle" yet. What a difference a couple days make.

We hope that this last IUI will give us a positive, but I fear this is going to be a very hard month. I have to do a pregnancy test on the day before my birthday and if it's negative I start injections Christmas Eve. 2 years of TTC and all I have to show for it is one chemical pregnancy. :(

Since my insurance will cover IVF and my job isn't exactly stable right now we wanted to try as soon as possible. My RE is starting me on estradiol and progesterone (oral) on Dec 8th. He stated that this would be safe in the event that I am pregnant prior to testing. We are also doing PGS since we were told that half of the eggs I produce will not be genetically viable so if we are going to invest time, money, and emotion I want to give us the best chances possible.

I think deep down I always thought this was where we would end up....

Sophie2015- Have you been tested for natural killer cells (NK)? I was told that if there are multiple miscarriages this could be a cause. I hear the test is expensive, but it is still possible to have a child with treatment.

Sophie2015 - I hope all your eggs fertilised and that you have a few good ones that tested fine to transfer.

I am following this thread as am considering IVF with PGD (have an appointment on 12th to discuss it). I have one 3 year old DD and have had 3 MCs in the last year (all 8-10 weeks).

I had all the tests and have slightly elevated NK cells and a possible small septum, but my OH has 52% fragmentation which apparently leads to chromosomal issues (the last two MCs were chromosomal, first one we didn't test).

We suspect the fragmentation is the cause of the MCs and were told that we could try naturally (I am 36), or have IVF with PGD with ICSI with IMSI.

I am tempted to try naturally (we haven't since my last loss in June) but if IVF were to be the solution we would try it.

Sophie2015- Have you been tested for natural killer cells (NK)? I was told that if there are multiple miscarriages this could be a cause. I hear the test is expensive, but it is still possible to have a child with treatment.

The NK cells could lead to MCs but they wouldn't cause chromosomal issues with the baby, so if it's MCs due to chromosomal issues NK cells wouldn't be the cause (but could be a contributory cause). I specifically asked a Dr about this.

We just did our 4th and final IUI with injections yesterday and are setting up for IVF with retrieval in January. Last week I was told that I have an amh of 2.03. I am 36. Because of these results, my RE said that we should stop trying IUI and move to IVF. Prior to the amh result he said we could continue with IUI since we hadn't had a "optimal cycle" yet. What a difference a couple days make.

We hope that this last IUI will give us a positive, but I fear this is going to be a very hard month. I have to do a pregnancy test on the day before my birthday and if it's negative I start injections Christmas Eve. 2 years of TTC and all I have to show for it is one chemical pregnancy. :(

Since my insurance will cover IVF and my job isn't exactly stable right now we wanted to try as soon as possible. My RE is starting me on estradiol and progesterone (oral) on Dec 8th. He stated that this would be safe in the event that I am pregnant prior to testing. We are also doing PGS since we were told that half of the eggs I produce will not be genetically viable so if we are going to invest time, money, and emotion I want to give us the best chances possible.

I think deep down I always thought this was where we would end up....

I am also 36 but never had AMH tested. I get pregnant easily but MC at around 8-10 weeks. We suspect it's a sperm fragmentation issue for us. Has your OH had his DNA fragmentation tested?

My mc's were not due to NK cells. My ER did not go well. They were unable to reach my R ovary and those eggs were lost (although RE gave the ok to BD to try to catch them). So of the 8 they thought were mature we only retrieved 2. Both fertilized. Both grew to a blastocyst stage by day 2. And both are headed to PGD testing. I won't have another update til Wednesday.

My mc's were not due to NK cells. My ER did not go well. They were unable to reach my R ovary and those eggs were lost (although RE gave the ok to BD to try to catch them). So of the 8 they thought were mature we only retrieved 2. Both fertilized. Both grew to a blastocyst stage by day 2. And both are headed to PGD testing. I won't have another update til Wednesday.

Keeping everything crossed for you. Two is a good number to be sent off for testing.

Why couldn't they get the eggs? Have never heard of that before (but then no IVF expert). Fingers crossed they are both good embryos.

Keep us updated :)

It depends on where the ovary lies within the body. It's fairly common especially for the right ovary to be inaccessible as they go through the vagina to get to the ovary. If it's too high they cannot reach it.

It depends on where the ovary lies within the body. It's fairly common especially for the right ovary to be inaccessible as they go through the vagina to get to the ovary. If it's too high they cannot reach it.

Oh god had no idea. Sounds so complicated. Still they got two and they fertilised so that's a good chance!!!

Would you consider another cycle if this one works (for a second baby) or of this one doesn't work or are you done with one?

I'm 44. We've already paid 20k for this cycle alone. We are done.

Sweetkat- No my husband hasn't had his dna checked. I didn't even know about this.
I never imagined that I would learn, or need to learn so much about conception and everything that has to be "right" in order to get pregnant. When I talk to the ladies I work with they are amazed. They all got pregnant easily. With that being said they are very supportive.

Sophie,

sorry to hear your ER did not go well. I am keeping everything crossed for you. I had no idea that ovaries might not be accessed easily.
Will they biopsy the embryos on day 3 or day 5?
I hope you get a BFP this cycle. You had a lot of eggs cooking.
Best wishes!

Eabwhab- They will biopsy on day 5 if they live that long. We were told yesterday that they cleaved early which is a sign of quality so we're hopeful they make it to biopsy.

When will you know the results of the PGD? Sounds very promising that they are good embryos :). Everything crossed for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->