First IVF with PGD soon. Anyone else?

Sweetkat- IF they live long enough to be biopsied it'll be an additional 4 weeks before we have results. So prob the first week of January.
We really aren't hopeful though. We've been told too many times how impossible pregnancy after 40 is and with 5 consecutive losses the odds aren't in our favor. But we had to try at least once.

Best of luck Sophie, I hope your embryos will keep growing until day 5. You should be knowing soon. So you will do PGD and not PGS right?

I'll know tomorrow if they both made it to biopsy. It's PGS. The clinic is still using old terminology (PGD) but it's PGS testing (they also call it ccs testing).

Eabwhab- when is your transfer?

Hey Sophie,

any news?
Why will it take so long to get results for PGS? We got them back only 5 days after ER.

THis FET seems to be dragging. My baseline was more than two weeks ago. I went back on day 15 but my lining was not ready. I have been back today. Waiting to hear from the doctor's office.

Good luck to you!

Hi eabwhab. PGS- they can't even test the embryos until they grow to the blastocyst stage which is roughly 5 days after ER. So I'm not sure how you got results so early. I've never received ANY genetic results in less than 2 weeks and I've had several of my losses tested.

Good luck today!!

Hi eabwhab. PGS- they can't even test the embryos until they grow to the blastocyst stage which is roughly 5 days after ER. So I'm not sure how you got results so early. I've never received ANY genetic results in less than 2 weeks and I've had several of my losses tested.

Good luck today!!

My bad, I meant 4-5 days after biopsy, which was done on day 5 when embryos were on blasto stage.

I will be checking to hear news from you! :hugs:

I hope it'll only take that long!! Heck, I hope they are able to be biopsied.

I hope it'll only take that long!! Heck, I hope they are able to be biopsied.

Sophie, any news? I hope you get a good update soon.

AFM, two appointments next week to discuss IVF with PGD and OH going for a 5th DNA fragmentation test tomorrow (in case it's better now).

Tempted to try naturally as ovulation is in the next couple of days but a bit scared in case end up with a 4th MC.

Yeah!! Sophie, weren't you saying today youll know if the embryos can be tested? Cant wait to hear!

They are not quality enough to be tested. Essentially they are dying. Devastated.

Nolimitxox- can you tell the ladies on the IVF board. Thanks.

Sophie, no :nope:, this is so sad. I am sorry. There are no words :(

I hope you get a BFP with the eggs you had on your right ovary. Are you taking progesterone?

You are in my thoughts :hugs:

I am taking P4 but only because my E2 level was too high for my body to overcome if I were to be pregnant. I've never had, or needed, P4 with any of my pregnancies. I do not think I'm pregnant though.

Sophie Im heart broken. This is terrible news. I wish I had better words to bring you comfort. Im so, very sorry. <3 I did share your news. Take as much time as you need, and when you come back online we will be here to supoort you. <3

Sophie- I am at a complete loss and am so sorry to hear of your heartbreak. Just know that you are in my prayers.

Sophie - I'm far behind but so sorry to here this. I didn't have any make it to testing my first round either and it's heartbreaking. Hugs hon.

Bronte- January is fast approaching. GL!!

I spoke to my RE finally last week and got details on my embryos. On day 2 they needed to be 4 cells. One was 4 cells, one was already 5 cells. On day 5 they needed to be blastocysts. One was and one had developed beyond that. But on day 6 neither looked good?! Very odd and something about their sudden deterioration bothers me after being such fast starters.
RE wants us to try again. I just don't know.

Bronte- January is fast approaching. GL!!

I spoke to my RE finally last week and got details on my embryos. On day 2 they needed to be 4 cells. One was 4 cells, one was already 5 cells. On day 5 they needed to be blastocysts. One was and one had developed beyond that. But on day 6 neither looked good?! Very odd and something about their sudden deterioration bothers me after being such fast starters.
RE wants us to try again. I just don't know.

Id say if they'll cycle you again, do it! What have you got to lose? Its not easy, it's never easy, but at least they want to cycle you again! My doctor told me one more time, and then he wouldn't cycle me with my own eggs anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->