First month of TTC (surrogate)

Louise89x

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm trying to find somewhere I can ask questions and find support. This will be my first month of ttc. I have one 5 year old son who was not planned so never been here before.

I am a surrogate and we are doing inseminations so not quite the same situation as others on here but there's not really a place for surrogates.

It's actually really daunting, I feel a lot of pressure to get it right and my cycles have been a bit weird lately and I'm not sure if I should be worried.

My cycles use to be 29 days long, I could guess the exact day my period would come every month. But typically since I've been tracking it's been a bit weird. I used to ovulate on cd16 but every month it's become later. Cd19 cd20 and cd22 :-/ should I be worried about this? My luteal phase seems to be about 10 days which I have read is bad!

Any advice would be really appreciated x

No advice but just wanted to say Welcome! You are doing an amazing thing and I hope it all goes well! XX

Stress can delay ovulation, so I wonder if that's part of it? A 10 day LP is a bit short but many have gotten pregnant with it. You can try a B complex with around 50mg of B6 to try to lengthen it a bit. That has worked for some. Good luck. You're doing a great thing. :thumbup:

Are you doing a surrogacy with your own eggs? At home insemination or iui?

I'm not in the same exact situation but my wife and I are insemination with donor sperm so I can understand the stress/pressure to get the timing right as opposed to it not being as much of an issue because you can "just keep bding". I agree with the previous posters - it's possible your anxiety is having an effect on your ovulation date. Or, did something happen that might have altered your cycles?

In any event - welcome and best of luck! We're all rooting for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->